News Article: Lebreton project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Melnyk latest musings on the project

Melnyk did permit a question to senior editor Christina Spencer in a one-on-one interview. On the intended move to LeBreton Flats, he was asked if he was more optimistic than he was in April, when he appeared to be hedging on the mammoth project.

Things change everyday. We do have concerns that we’ve expressed. These are very, very, very serious concerns. I don’t want to overstate or understate but they are mission critical that we resolve them.

You know, there it is again, this pointing to the cloud in what should be a sunny future — always a mixed forecast at the top.

From this article
Egan: Melnyk still front and centre as Senators set about selling hope

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I really hope he doesn't screw this up. It takes several decades to get any prime real estate in downtown Ottawa.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
How do we know who paid for it?

I read it like 3 years ago from some business journal or similar publication.

Obviously we can't ever be certain of anything without the physical bill in our hands, but the assumption was that Bell paid for moat of that in exchange for having their name on it.

I'm not wasting my morning looking up a source for you, either. I have work to do.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Because we've been through this before and you were proven wrong once again.

Won't stop you from bringing it up again in six months...that is, after all, your defining MO.

How do you know who paid for Club Bell?

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018
its clear that Lebreton is going to remain a pipedream with Melnyk at the helm. I just don't believe his house is in order, nor do I believe he has the financial capacity to get this done yet alone get through this year. Despite what him and Boro may say over tea an crumpets, I think the walls are caving in on Eugene Melnyk.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
More reassuring comments from the Euge, I see.
Yup. I'll repost them since Tnouc is spamming the thread with old articles to try and deflect.

Things change everyday. We do have concerns that we’ve expressed. These are very, very, very serious concerns. I don’t want to overstate or understate but they are mission critical that we resolve them.

I wonder if the pending debt call is part of his very, very, very serious concerns?

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017

Oh FFS Tnuoc. They sign a 30 million dollar advertising agreement that includes unspecified in-arena advertising and then the next season they happen to have a brand new section called club bell in the arena and you are not willing to connect the friggin dots. Do you honestly think Bell asked for the really unique in-arena sponsorship option that a 30 million per year agreement warrants and Melnyk responded "Well, by coincidence we actually we happen to be building a whole new section on a whim that a big-time sponsor would come along and be interested in it."

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Come on guys, it's not true until you provide me the invoice that states that Bell is paying for it. Also the earth is flat and the moon landing was #fakenews.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Yup. I'll repost them since Tnouc is spamming the thread with old articles to try and deflect.

I wonder if the pending debt call is part of his very, very, very serious concerns?[/QUOTE

No, that is separate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad