GDT: Leaves @ Sabres 7 PM EST TV:ESPN, HNIC Radio:WGR550 - Beating Toronto Always Matters

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Brodie saw Tuch coming for a big hit on him so at the last second pivots towards the end boards to bail out by going low bridge under the Tuch hit. At the exact same second as Brodie starts to bail, Dahlin brushes against him from behind, at worst gives him a light tap.

1:55 mark of this replay is where the best angle starts

Now that goons are gone seems NHL players like to throw punches with their sticks still in their hands. Seems more dangerous. No one wants to drop their gloves and sticks because they will get a penalty but now sticks are swinging everywhere in a scum. Watch the replay and players sticks, they are lucky no one took one to the head.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005

Hoping everyone saw Chad's very, very appropriate thread above. Had a lot more written but decided against it for the better.

I'll just say this - people are comparing a game where the youngest team in the league put up a 78% on the Moneypuck deserve-to-win-o-meter against a "contender" to the Miller-Lucic incident. To the lowest moments in franchise history. We're all disappointed in this season, but get a f***ing grip.

A sizeable fringe of this fanbase needs an Ayahuasca retreat this summer. Let go of 13 years. Get some perspective and try to enjoy what the future may hold. You're killing the franchise and you don't even realize it.

Classic victim blaming,

I suggest to Chad and to every other media personality who's fed up with fan negativity to begin to focus all their energy and criticism toward the people who put us here, and that's the incompetent coach, the outclassed GM, and especially -- especially -- the delusional Boca billionaire clowns who own this thing.

But naaa, let's blame the fans for this historic shit show. Unreal. As if the mood of the fans has any bearing on how this team is constructed, practices, performs, etc.

The time for patience has passed. Until this franchise turns it around and ices a competitive team, they deserve every ounce of vitriol they get. Boo the f*** out of them when they mail it in. Take to social media demanding the amateurs running the show are summarily canned. Never stop letting the world know the Pegulas are rank idiots and a destroyer of hockey franchises. We must apply every ounce of pressure we can until meaningful change arrives and hockey adults reassert control over this lost, drifting, and utterly unwatchable hockey team.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Classic victim blaming,

I suggest to Chad and to every other media personality who's fed up with fan negativity to begin to focus all their energy and criticism toward the people who put us here, and that's the incompetent coach, the outclassed GM, and especially -- especially -- the delusional Boca billionaire clowns who own this thing.

But naaa, let's blame the fans for this historic shit show. Unreal. As if the mood of the fans has any bearing on how this team is constructed, practices, performs, etc.

The time for patience has passed. Until this franchise turns it around and ices a competitive team, they deserve every ounce of vitriol they get. Boo the f*** out of them when they mail it in. Take to social media demanding the amateurs running the show are summarily canned. Never stop letting the world know the Pegulas are rank idiots and a destroyer of hockey franchises. We must apply every ounce of pressure we can until meaningful change arrives and hockey adults reassert control over this lost, drifting, and utterly unwatchable hockey team.
I get wanting to vent on posts about the frustration over the team. But it is not healthy to have this kind of outlook on what is supposed to be a hobby. IE. “I’m gonna spew hate and anger at everyone in this organization at any possible moment”.

I’d suggest turning the games off completely rather than doing this to yourself mentally - truly. Likely they’d have the same end result.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I am at the apathy stage. Can't remember the last full game I actually watched. I turn them on for background noise when I am doing other things if I remember there is a game and just come here to see how they looked.

Not going to pretend I will be gone forever. I will be back when they respect my time, but I am a happier person not watching which also makes my wife a happier person.

Last edited:

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
I get wanting to vent on posts about the frustration over the team. But it is not healthy to have this kind of outlook on what is supposed to be a hobby. IE. “I’m gonna spew hate and anger at everyone in this organization at any possible moment”.

I’d suggest turning the games off completely rather than doing this to yourself mentally - truly. Likely they’d have the same end result.
I'm in a spectacular mood. I have the day off. My extended family will arrive shortly for a feast of epic proportions. Before they do, I will partake in a most grueling lifting session to stimulate my mood and appetite. Perhaps I will indulge in a succulent cigar after my meal. I will hug my wife and children before settling into a deep and refreshing sleep. And I will accomplish all this while retaining in the back of my mind the knowledge that the only sports team I follow is mired in an epic playoff slump as the fools who have steered it into this dark hole remain large and in charge.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Still get a bit angry but I think soon I wont care anymore, I have better things to do in life than wasting time with this franchise, enough is enough.
Watched for nearly 20 years, maybe I start to care again if they make the playoffs.
I am fading out...

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
I did not watch the Sabres game last night instead I watched an ahl game Syracuse crunch vs Providence Bruins

I enjoyed it more and imo it's better hockey

More and harder checking
Play better positional hockey
More set plays for deflections in front of net
More hustle
Fights
Players sticking up for each other

I've decided instead of going to Sabres games next year that I will buy a ten pack of tickets for crunch hockey.

I will still cheer on the Sabres and hope for a better brand of hockey

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I take no solace in a fan base in shambles. Your D is bloated and young , but the forward group is oddly underperforming - when I expected a step forward. (I frigen had you guys coming into the playoffs as decent spoiler team)

Every year I hope for Buffalo to rise up ( you lads are fun when you’re good and I’ve never enjoyed a road playoff game in buff!)

Chin up dudes, you’ll get there. Ill be waiting with my overpriced beer for the battle of the QEW when it really matters.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022

Hoping everyone saw Chad's very, very appropriate thread above. Had a lot more written but decided against it for the better.

I'll just say this - people are comparing a game where the youngest team in the league put up a 78% on the Moneypuck deserve-to-win-o-meter against a "contender" to the Miller-Lucic incident. To the lowest moments in franchise history. We're all disappointed in this season, but get a f***ing grip.

A sizeable fringe of this fanbase needs an Ayahuasca retreat this summer. Let go of 13 years. Get some perspective and try to enjoy what the future may hold. You're killing the franchise and you don't even realize it.

I can agree with Chad that some fans take it too far. When I see posters say Pegula should sell the tream and move it somewhere else I have to wonder are you really a Sabres fan? The whole point is its the Buffalo Sabes.

Ya I am mad, ya my anger comes out in some of my posts but mostly its directed at management and the coach. Ya some of the players suck but until we have competent leadership and coaches how can I blame players being put into positions they shouldn't be in? As an example we have defensemen who are 5-6 playing 3-4 spot. How can I blame them when they are being asked to play above their skill level because the GM fails to do his job.

Management and coaches have failed on so many levels that blaming the players seems pointless because as a team they are being put in a position to fail.

Reactions: thewookie1

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I'm in a spectacular mood. I have the day off. My extended family will arrive shortly for a feast of epic proportions. Before they do, I will partake in a most grueling lifting session to stimulate my mood and appetite. Perhaps I will indulge in a succulent cigar after my meal. I will hug my wife and children before settling into a deep and refreshing sleep. And I will accomplish all this while retaining in the back of my mind the knowledge that the only sports team I follow is mired in an epic playoff slump as the fools who have steered it into this dark hole remain large and in charge.
Good! All the more reason to not get angry about this regularly imo

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
The hit on Brodin was from behind and the hit on Grieg in the OTT game was also dangerous. You can’t make those and expect the officials to give you the benefit of the doubt when someone takes liberties with you. And I agree hit cleanly and if someone has their feelings hurt be ready to answer.

My comments were more toward the other players who we keep thinking if only they finished their check, rubbed the man out, cleared the front. That isn’t going to happen if there is a chance the other guy pushes back and wants to go. If you are not willing to stand up for yourself they will continue to push back. Power, Joker, Greenway, yes Greenway, VO Quinn Peterka Skinner all shrink and chirp when called. Again you don’t want skilled players getting rung up like Cozens or Krebs do, but there has to be personal pride. Reinforcements would help too. Bit you can’t rely on someone else to police everyone for you. Sure a bit of sandpaper will have your back if he knows you have his. I found it too coincidental that Greenway was less aggressive and didn’t go to the front against a team with Reaves in the lineup.

I do not advocate fighting as a strategy, but a willingness to stand up for yourself gets around. It also plays with officials. They know when they have to diffuse a situation and make a call or risk it getting out of hand by players who are constantly hooked, slashed, held etc.

This team is a reflection of its leadership at the ice and front office level. It doesn’t bode well in my opinion.

Quinn doesn't shrink.

He surprisingly has a lot of bite in his game.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Sabres deserved to win that game. Samsonov played amazing. 2-3 sure goals he took away.

Sabres try to do too much. I counted 11 times they had the simple play available and didn’t take it, instead trying for the difficult play and it didn’t work.
How does a team deserve to win when it literally takes them 20 minutes to get each high-danger chance?

This “deserve to win” crap is 100% fans lying to themselves to make it seem like there is a chance this team isn’t guaranteed failure for many years to come.

Reactions: Fearnot

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

Sorry but that Samsonov salute to TML fans in the Key Bank Center was extremely annoying. And it lit my rockets. So embarrassed for my former home town. Once upon a time, a well respected NHL hockeyville.

Been a Sabres fan since 1970. 54 years of expectations. This is one of the low, low points.

Don't agree? TS to you all.

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo

The fan base killed the franchise when they insisted on tanking for McDavid.

Reactions: beerme1

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Yup, the fans kill the franchise. Not the bad coaches, GMs and the horrible owner. The maybe future we've been sold for over a decade is nothing, means nothing and never will. Make moves to get into the now, stop wasting everybodys time. No franchise is moving at the speed we are, they make moves to improve their teams constantly. The just happy to be in Buffalo standard we have, is shit. You don't win with this garbage, the standard should be we demand you to work your ass off, from the GM down to the last guy in the organization. We're in year 13, nothing has really worked out, no coach, no GM, no trade, no prospect, no FA signing at least not to the point it changed the franchise from being the worst run team in this league. I stopped caring about potential when they sold off RoR, Eichel and Reinhart. We waited for them to make a change and nothing happend.

Stop waiting for a future that will never come and get in the now.
I guess we are supposed to just be happy that Buffalo has a team... Be satisfied that the big cool kids let us come inside the clubhouse once in a while...

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
You could watch recordings of Takeshi's castle?

1711938555887.png

Reactions: HaNotsri

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
He’s had an incredible season, scored in different ways,” coach Sheldon Keefe said. “He does so much for our team. It’s more than just the goals. But for him to get that is great and if you’re not going to get it at home, this is probably second-best. SMH.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I'm a recovering addict and use it as a way to divert attention away from harmful inclinations. Not sure what everyone else’s excuse is.

Keefe would be the best coach the Sabres have had in decades.
Not to make fun of your addiction but Sabres has to be the methadone of sport, right?
No real highs but some higher lows.

I keep telling myself suffering is an investment in the victories to come. I keep clearing my work schedule around post-season with the intention of going to Buffalo (even if I likely wouldn't get tickets)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad