GDT: leaves @ COLORADO AVALANCHE - 2/24/24 - 5PM MT

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
.867 save percentage tonight and somehow his .898 on the season continues to get worse.

What a f***ing shit show.
Our PK is so shit because he's so shit. Your goalie needs to be your best penalty killer. He's allowing every scoring chance in, PP are going to get chances and he's not stopping them.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
If their not careful they could miss the playoffs all together
The Oilers can overtake them in points aswell if they keep this up. Oilers have 5 games in hand so if they Avs continue to drop games the way they have its actually a very real possible that the Oilers overtake them which would be hilarious when everyone here was counting the Oilers out in October.

Reactions: lionsDen

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't have an issue with Georgiev on that GWG. That kind of play fools goalies all the time.

It was just a perfectly timed Forsberg'esque pass behind the net from Nylander.

Starts to go around the net and when he's halfway, and the goalie has to turn his head to find him coming the other way, he throws the pass back the other way to the doorstep.

If Manson stays in front of the net, instead of chasing the guy behind the net who can't score, he can tie up the stick and that probably doesn't go in.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Another game, another night with no secondary scoring. 3 goals, 3 MacK points. It's becoming a joke at this point.

Got to throw an assist to the refs tonight, not one real call on the Leafs all night. The only PP we got was a have to call puck over the glass. It's a joke how many no calls went Toronto's way.
Plenty of picks and interference, hooks and holds that could/should have been called.

The interference called on Colton was replicated by the Leafs in the 3rd period on Wood. No call.

Absolutely terrible officiating. And listening to the HNIC pro Leaf broadcast was irritating.

So the Avs play at home at an east coast start time and the Leats wear their 3rd jerseys. What's with that?

Reactions: chet1926 and drhiii
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Exactly this.

When your second highest paid player casually flips a puck over the glass and you know the moment the other team gets a shot on goal on the PP and it’s in… you’re f***ing demoralized.

The be played in front of some terrible goaltenders, it’s really hard to explain how difficult it is. You can’t be the best defensive player, but you’re clutching your stick and terrified of making mistakes because you just know any shot on net could be a goal against. It’s mentally and physically fatiguing

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Can't win with this goaltending.

Defense can't defend.

Three wingers making over 6 million. But relying on a walk on tryout in Drouin to score.
This is bang on for 90% of it. Don’t really think it’s fair to include Landy as one of these wingers when we knew he wasn’t playing this year and hasn’t in the regular season for ~24 months now

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Georgiev is f***ing garbage. Genuinely, statistically, not even a top 30 goalie in the league. Acquire a #1B. I don't care if he hates it. Ranger fans were right about everything. Just an appalling season from him.

Johansen is garbage. Just kick him to the curb already, please. Watching him wander about the ice not giving a damn is painful.

Lehkonen's father was right about everything, too.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Losing Compher was inevitable, but felt at the time would have as big an impact as anything.
Trading Compher and re-signing Kadri is absolutely what they should have done. Then Manson wouldn't have mattered. We'd be down a 3C, but that a f*** ton easier to fix.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Losing Compher was inevitable, but felt at the time would have as big an impact as anything.

I understand why they walked away from both, but I think going from Compher to RJ had a bigger impact, than Naz to Compher.

At least Compher could be serviceable and skate well enough to play 2C.

They don't have a serviceable 2C right now. They just have Colton who's their 3C.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I don't have an issue with Georgiev on that GWG. That kind of play fools goalies all the time.

It was just a perfectly timed Forsberg'esque pass behind the net from Nylander.

Starts to go around the net and when he's halfway, and the goalie has to turn his head to find him coming the other way, the throws the pass to the doorstep.

If Manson stays in front of the net, instead of chasing the guy behind the net who can't score, he can tie up the stick and that probably doesn't go in.
How often do we see that now with modern goalies? Seriously the last time I remember that goal happening was on Bob Essensa. yah old time goalie when Hejduk passed it out to Drury in Game 3 I think. I remember this because I did it the next day at ball hockey. You really dont see goalies biting on that as much these days. Kinda like a wrap around goal. Those are rare.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The Avs should have never allowed themselves to get into the position of having to tie it in the 3rd. So many excellent opportunities that don't go in and then the other team scores on the reverse rush up the ice (LOC, Wood, Colton).

Disheartening.

But they all have to know that the D and the goaltender is going to give up 4 goals almost every night.

That's depressing.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
How often do we see that now with modern goalies? Seriously the last time I remember that goal happening was on Dan Cloutier when Hejduk passed it out to Drury in Game 3 I think. I remember this because I did it the next day at ball hockey. You really dont see goalies biting on that as much these days. Kinda like a wrap around goal. Those are rare.

Oh we still see it. It just doesn't end up in the back of the net as much. It's a pass and then a blocked or deflected shot usually.

Either the defender in Girard's spot blocks the pass, or more importantly the defender in Manson's spot doesn't leave the front of the net to go after the guy behind the net who can't score.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The Avs should have never allowed themselves to get into the position of having to tie it in the 3rd. So many excellent opportunities that don't go in and then the other team scores on the reverse rush up the ice (LOC, Wood, Colton).

Disheartening.

But they all have to know that the D and the goaltender is going to give up 4 goals almost every night.

That's depressing.
Expected. If we have no faith in Georgiev imagine what the guys in the room are thinking. Anyone whose played in front of a good goalie knows you can play a little more relaxed when you know your tendy can bail you out if you make a mistake. The Avs simply cannot make one mistake or it will end up in the goal.

Reactions: AvsWraith

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I understand why they walked away from both, but I think going from Compher to RJ had a bigger impact, than Naz to Compher.

At least Compher could be serviceable and skate well enough to play 2C.

They don't have a serviceable 2C right now. They just have Colton who's their 3C.
I bet in a 7 game series with 23 minutes of ice time per game, Colton would have more than 2 points.

Compher was a plague to this team. Bednar's over use and inability to score cost us more than anyone else.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Minimum 20 games played, George is #48 (dead last) in total goals allowed; #24 in goals saved above expected goals allowed per 60 minutes; #33 in overall save percentage; #25 in overall GAA; and #37 in save percentage against high danger shots against.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Trading Compher and re-signing Kadri is absolutely what they should have done. Then Manson wouldn't have mattered. We'd be down a 3C, but that a f*** ton easier to fix.
I agree... just sayin', Kadri was a no brainer goner. But Compher is, was important, had roles as well. The amount of Cmac bashing (way deserved) is astronomical and I am beginning to believe it too.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Minimum 20 games played, George is #48 (dead last) in total goals allowed; #24 in goals saved above expected goals allowed per 60 minutes; #33 in overall save percentage; #25 in overall GAA; and #37 in save percentage against high danger shots against.
Yet there are still Fourgiev truthers here. These numbers are what you expect from a very bad back up goalie like Martin Jones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad