Post-Game Talk: Leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Coaches almost all shorten their bench near the end. It's easy to say something caused a loss, just like I pointed out that Kreider blew as sure a goal as he's ever had a chance to score and then got beaten for the tying goal.

Context might be meaningful here if the case wasn't that almost all of those screaming about Gallant do so in every thread.

Now, how about you or someone else answer my question:

They went to the Semis last season with Gallant. If he's a major detriment to the team, do you think they would they have won the Cup with a different coach? If not, and you think Gallant sucks, then it's my opinion that you can't judge the relative merit of a coach. I'm not saying I can, either.

But I do know that if a coach joins a non-playoff team and immediately goes to the Semis, with the highest winning percentage in 97 years, he's not the problem.
Coach Igor got this team through the regular season. The kid line for awhile was the only line that showed up in the playoffs. Then Kakko was scratched so an injured Strome and Hunt could play. GG is a buffoon.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
I defend GG from a lot of the ridiculous takes from some posters, but I can't defend him with leaning too heavily on his vets in this game. That may have been one of the worst games I have ever seen Kreider play. GG should have seen him struggling and limited his ice time, especially because the kids were going so well. Also, why isn't your best player on the ice in OT?

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
gg isnt responsible for kreider deciding not to cover his guy..but he is for having him out there with that much time left when that line spent the ENTIRE game hemmed in and the only passes kreider or trocheck completed were to maple leafs. especially ones at the blue lines to jumpstart their rushes in their zone or allow them to keep the puck in and reset in ours.

this was one of those where gg has to accept theres loyalty and then theres madness. the kids were flying all night. the mika line was serviceable. at 10 mins kreider and troch's night shoulda been over. drop to 3 lines and then try to roll 2 for the final 4-5 mins. bump panarin off the mika line for goodrow or anyone that isnt kreider / troch. it shouldnt be a big deal at all....over 82 games everyone has some sht nights. call it what it is, roll the guys going that night and try to close it out with them as the clock winds down. tomorrows a new day, not like sitting them a few mins on 1 game in a long season means anything more than that

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

5DB3515F-7EF1-40AC-A1D9-3F996580C674.gif

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kreider was just absolutely awful last night. Like in every way. Lazy, not finishing chances, sulking on the bench. Seriously just looked pathetic after missing that net. It’s not like we have not watched this same player for all but one of his seasons.

I think he is fighting through an injury. The week off will do him good. Hasn’t looked the same since he came back after missing a couple of games due to that hit.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Coach Igor got this team through the regular season. The kid line for awhile was the only line that showed up in the playoffs. Then Kakko was scratched so an injured Strome and Hunt could play. GG is a buffoon.

So, then why not answer the question?

If Kakko wasn't scratched, would they have won the game?

Would a different coach have won the Cup or are you really agreeing with me that the coach doesn't particularly matter?

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Trocheck and Vesey were almost dead even our 1A and 1B most played forwards 5v5.

Trocheck and Vesey.

Also, hate to be the bearer of bad news but Kreider barely played.

Way too much Trocheck, Vesey, and Goodrow. Gallant going with his security blanket ass plugs with a lead.
It's impressive that Kreider managed to look so terrible in limited ice time.

This loss is on Gallant. Kid line was buzzing all night, and scored your only goals. Panarin was a turnover machine all night and lazily defending. Who's out there to start OT? Completely tone-deaf decision-making down the stretch and in OT. This is how you lose locker rooms. You spout off about accountability and earning your ice time, but when it really comes down to it, you're full of shit.

Ratelleitlikeitis

Apr 7, 2011
Guelph
Bench Zib and Miller. That was comical how slow Marner just skated around them.
It was similar to Nylanders in OT the game or two before.

It's impressive that Kreider managed to look so terrible in limited ice time.

This loss is on Gallant. Kid line was buzzing all night, and scored your only goals. Panarin was a turnover machine all night and lazily defending. Who's out there to start OT? Completely tone-deaf decision-making down the stretch and in OT. This is how you lose locker rooms. You spout off about accountability and earning your ice time, but when it really comes down to it, you're full of shit.
And the irony is, didn't they start the kids in OT a few games back when they didn't dominate, and Zibs, Fox and Panarin won it about a minute in. Don't overthink it GG.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Think he’s still pretty hurt.

No one rushes guys back from injury like the Rangers do.
Crossed my mind. Guy should not have come back. He was completely ineffective against Boston. He could have and should have used the extra days off then and this week and then into the ASG break and then even the Rangers bye week.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I thought they played a good game. What did you say Larry? Yes, a good game. Unfortunate that we didn't put the puck in "at least" an additional 4 or 5x, but that's hockey. They played an excellent road game against a very good team, got 1 point, who is next?
If I am not on the ledge, nobody should be

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
So you think 10-12 games is enough to make major changes when that same unit has been a top PP for a few years? PP units do have ups and downs. Coaches understand this and usually give proven players the benefit of the doubt.

I would bet big money that Drury was unhappy with the players on the ice who let Marner skate around them more than the coach.
That unit did change. The replaced strome with trocheck. And strome was a much better passer and playmaker than trocheck.

Its not the same personnel and i think it really is affecting them. They arent dominant at all anymore.

So gallant should at least try something new. He can always, and probably will, go back to the original formula.

Also, just bc something is good, doesnt mean it cant be better.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Kreider is obviously not 100%, but goddamn it dont put him out there when the kid line was literally dominating every time they touched the ice. The way they were going they shouldvve been double shifting and starting the OT. Would it have killed the Rangers to have them play 17-19 minutes last night?

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
That unit did change. The replaced strome with trocheck. And strome was a much better passer and playmaker than trocheck.

Its not the same personnel and i think it really is affecting them. They arent dominant at all anymore.

So gallant should at least try something new. He can always, and probably will, go back to the original formula.

Also, just bc something is good, doesnt mean it cant be better.
I know. That's why I said I would have no problem moving Trocheck off the PP and trying one of the kids. The others I would keep on it.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
It was similar to Nylanders in OT the game or two before.

And the irony is, didn't they start the kids in OT a few games back when they didn't dominate, and Zibs, Fox and Panarin won it about a minute in. Don't overthink it GG.
I'm pretty sure the game you're referring to was the game against Dallas where Miller scored with under a second left. The only reason the kids started that OT is because our PP1 unit plus Miller were out there the final 2 and a half minutes of regulation. Gallant had no other choice.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
I know. That's why I said I would have no problem moving Trocheck off the PP and trying one of the kids. The others I would keep on it.
Problem is we have no other righty for the bumper spot.

Wo u almost have to completely change the Pp units. Which in itself isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Again, we arent trading the players, we can always revert.

Take both kreider and trocheck off. Put on kakko and laf. Or split panarin and zib and completely redo.

Again if it doesnt work, go back. Its not pike the PP is producing or looking good anyway.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

lol

Please trade some expensive contracts and get some more kids.

What’s the initiation fee for this country club? Is there a waiting list? How’s the food?

New Jersey is winning with their kids on PP1. You won't sit Kreider "because you want to win a Cup." Take a look around.

edit to mod: The comments I made here were directed to Gallant, not another poster.

Last edited:

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
You guys don't even get cised for the kid line. You want Chytil with Bread and Mika with 13 and 24. I'm the one with THE TEMPLATE.

You guys complain about the kids' usage whether the vets carry us to a win or the kids are our best line in an OT loss. So it shouldn't even be a talking point anymore. It's a constant.

I'm ok with a kid line as long as it gets minutes and doesn't get buried (like it did tonite).

But yeah I would absolutely go

Lafreniere - Zibanejad - Kakko
Panarin - Chytil - Kravtsov
Kreider - Trocheck - Vesey
Goodrow - Rydahl - Gauthier

And if you pick up a RW at the deadline, it's Vesey to the 4th, Krav to the 3rd, the RW to the 2nd, Gauthier to the press box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad