Least Favorite Player in the League

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
For me it is probably Datsyuk, through no fault of his own. I just despise how everything he does is treated as an act of a god. His nice goals get treated like the GOAT. Crosby scored one just as good as any Datsyukian one the other night and no one cares.
This is so true.

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Lucic seems like a meathead moron, making terrible decisions like spearing guys in the nuts repeatedly. Speaks volumes to the kind of guy he is, along with the absolutely pathetic Dale Weise death threat.

Backes is a terrible coward, and has embarrassing meltdowns time and time again. I keep seeing him act tough behind the refs, go for dirty hits, and just go ape**** over mundane stuff. This is the guy the the Blues follow into battle? This guy will never lead a squad to the cup.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Chara, Marchand, M.Staal, Kreider. I hate Ovechkin and Giroux as well, but mainly because they are really good.

Dubinsky is a complete **** but I somehow can´t hate him as much. Same with Lucic. I guess I like the way they play hockey.. (sometimes)

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
For me it is probably Datsyuk, through no fault of his own. I just despise how everything he does is treated as an act of a god. His nice goals get treated like the GOAT. Crosby scored one just as good as any Datsyukian one the other night and no one cares.

He is the most overrated player of this generation in my opinion. He is a marginal HOFer based on his two-way game who is treated like a generational talent.

For these reasons I like to see him fail and therefore like him the least. He's probably a great guy, but oh well.

this is what I kept hearing in my head.

anywho, the guys I don't like are Cooke and those of his ilk.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I like to think I'm good at evaluating talent and who is useful when it comes to filling a certain role.

When it came to Glass, it was the first time I doubted myself as a fan because of how much the Pittsburgh media raved about him and how physical he was, etc.

All I saw was a guy whose hits came way after the puck was gone (thus never disrupting any play), a slow skater with horrible puck skills who'd lose the puck in a microsecond along the boards and couldn't cycle if his life depended on it. Just completely useless.

So glad Rangers fans see him the same way we did.

FlamesFan18

Frank the Tank
Feb 26, 2010
Calgary
Tim Erixon, Dustin Brown, Justin Schultz, Steve Ott, Rene Bourque, Olli Jokinen. Just somewhat dislike these guys. Do not truly despise any players currently in the NHL, not like some of the guys a decade ago.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI

He is the most overrated player of this generation in my opinion. He is a marginal HOFer based on his two-way game who is treated like a generational talent.

For these reasons I like to see him fail and therefore like him the least. He's probably a great guy, but oh well.

Case in point:

This could honestly be the reason I don't like Sidney Crosby :laugh:

I get how talented the guy is, and I definitely respect it. But he will get praise for the easiest passes ever or goals. And ironically enough there was a pass that Crosby made a few years back (if I find it i'll post it) that everyone was fawning over that Datsyuk ended up doing before without even looking. And I can see where you're coming from with some of the Datsyuk love, he's my favorite player but I wouldn't rank him in the top five in the NHL like some will. Though alot of the things he does though definitely earns him alot of deserved praise though IMO, especially with his moves and some of the passes and play he creates. Some of the things he does are things no other player would even try...maybe not the best on the planet but he's definitely one of a kind.

And in a matter of fact (no fault of his own mind you), aside from his on-ice antics sometimes, his fans are a huge reason I don't like Crosby, because like you mentioned with Datsyuk, he apparently can't do anything wrong in the eyes of his fans. He can slash people, and start fights then hide behind teammates/refs and its all okay because he "takes alot of abuse during games". And then some people will complain when haters criticize his poor play because he is "in the spotlight all the time" when generally his fans will put every little thing he does in the spotlight themselves. As bad as his haters are (I'm definitely one of them), his fans are JUST as bad.

My other disliked players (Lucic, Marchand, Cooke, Neal) are pretty straight foward :laugh:

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Elias is a guy I love to hate but respect. Simmonds is similar in that regard.

Hate Crosby.

I HATE OV and Holtby. Green and Backstrom are okay but can't stand OV and Holtby

Not a big fan of Emelin for tripping Kreider into Price thus stirring up controversy ;)

Basically it.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Three big suspects would be Crosby, Toews and Doughty. Extremely talented, whiny players with grins on their faces playing on teams that i do not really like at all and on top of the league for years.. But someof their fans make them even worse.

SmCurse

Sep 4, 2013
Crosby.
Call me old-fashioned but there were times when great hockey players didn`t turn their frustration into whining, etc. I think you`ll bring your team spirit down with these actions if you`re a captain and going gets tough.

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
Is this the Ryan Garbutt depreciation thread? A few years ago, it would have been Matt Cooke, but Garbutt has 2 suspensions this season for attempts to injure...and he really could have ended up like a Chris Neil type or a Brandon Prust type.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Crosby.
Call me old-fashioned but there were times when great hockey players didn`t turn their frustration into whining, etc. I think you`ll bring your team spirit down with these actions if you`re a captain and going gets tough.

:laugh: We used to call Gretzky 'whine on ice'

JS91

May 14, 2014
Marchand. He's a rat and his face makes me want to punch him as hard as I can.
Kreider. I get that he's a big guy and his job is to go to the net, but that doesn't mean that he gets a free pass at crashing the net and destroying goalies.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Crosby, of course. There's absolutely nothing to like about him except the fact that he's good at hockey.

That and the picture of him sleeping with the cup. That was cute.

bigbadbruins2011

Aug 16, 2013
MA
Still not over the Randy Jones hit on Bergeron. I'll forever not like him. In the league now, I would have to say P.k. Subban. Maybe it's the Boston-Montreal rivalry talking, but I've just never liked him at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad