Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Winnipeg Sat Oct 22nd 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Yes dirty players will still be dirty but I think its the other guys who will be discouraged
knowing theyll have to back up their nonsense. Im excited for some passion as well. Creating some competition for spots isnt a bad thing either.

Using the phrases "all season" or "most of the season" after 5 games is hilarious.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Matthews has been dragging himself down so far this year, he is losing the puck and giving it away plenty all on his own. I don't particularly care, he will obviously get it going but that has nothing to do with his line mates currently.
i still believe Matty has a back problem again. Doesn’t have the same explosiveness he normally has. Even in the preseason

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
What about people who believe there is a physical element to hockey but that these 2 tough guys are washed up?

I don’t think there are many here who wouldn’t love for the Leafs to be tougher to play against but the guys who do that need to be able to play.

Having Simmonds and sometimes Clifford didn’t stop the jets from taking runs at Marner and Matthews the previous 2 years. Why would it start now?
What about them? Who are they? Why do they like hockey?

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
he gets paid too much, you should know this, you're obsessed with caphits.

also he's overrated and would be slow on that line.

Bunting > Marchment
Abso-f***ing-lutely! Can we please STOP with the Marchment madness? (See what I did there?).
I mean c'mon! Dude has 1...count them...1...very good season that is an obvious outlier in terms of his entire pro career, makes bank, and now everybody wishes he was back so he could provide...? What? 4th line production with an onerous cap hit? Thanks. I'll take Bunts 4 another season at near league minimum. And if he shits the bed, we drop him in the lineup and sign him to a prove it 2 year extension for still next 2 nothing.

Reactions: Burnie97

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Abso-f***ing-lutely! Can we please STOP with the Marchment madness? (See what I did there?).
I mean c'mon! Dude has 1...count them...1...very good season that is an obvious outlier in terms of his entire pro career, makes bank, and now everybody wishes he was back so he could provide...? What? 4th line production with an onerous cap hit? Thanks. I'll take Bunts 4 another season at near league minimum. And if he shits the bed, we drop him in the lineup and sign him to a prove it 2 year extension for still next 2 nothing.
Yeah tired of the Marchment talk. I get into those conversations sometimes but really... why the f*** am I thinking about some person who hasn't proven shit but one season and he's not a Leaf anymore. So who gives a shit. Is what it is now.

Reactions: barilko05

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
he gets paid too much, you should know this, you're obsessed with caphits.

also he's overrated and would be slow on that line.

Bunting > Marchment
Marchments a 6M player on a 4M contract

He makes too much for Toronto sure otherwise he's a great player

He's also comfortably better than Bunting

Bunting will be paid next year as well reducing his value to the team.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
People often think about how players from other teams would look here. Fantasy trade proposals is very popular on this site.
A player like Marchment would be great here, doesn’t necessarily have to be him just the type.
I don’t mind Bunting but he’s not in that class.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
People often think about how players from other teams would look here. Fantasy trade proposals is very popular on this site.
A player like Marchment would be great here, doesn’t necessarily have to be him just the type.
I don’t mind Bunting but he’s not in that class.

you are correct, he isn't in that class.

but because of dubas overpayments, we can't afford that class.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
You don’t think about “those people” yet felt the need to make a post about them?
Why are you wasting your time trying to pry a comment? I don't care. I don't consider anything of what you're discussing. I don't think about you at all.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Why are you wasting your time trying to pry a comment? I don't care. I don't consider anything of what you're discussing. I don't think about you at all.
You replied to my comment. But you dont care….
Isn’t replying to something you don’t care about or consider the definition of wasting your time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad