Post-Game Talk: Leafs win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Who the **** cares. TELL ME ABOUT AUSTON MATTHEWS. Let's go Babcock, give me some good news.
THIS. Matthews had to have been playing hurt, no way that little collision did that much damage. Would explain a lot

Reactions: ThewThew

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Never a doubt in my mind. Freddy is legit. His weakest part was a shootout ability.

Having said that I'm okay with Nylander not being used in the S/O anymore. Big fan of him, but it's clear that's not his thing.
You were getting pretty close to the edge.

"Freddy having an off-night.

This is why we are not contenders. This team has the defensive capabilities as a bottom feeding team. There is maybe 2 good defenseive players on this squad and only one of them is a defense man."

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Leafs were asleep for the first half of the game. They were lucky to get out of that with a win. But I guess good teams find a way to win?

As for Matthews, it didn't look THAT serious to me. We'll see though.

His collision with Rielly didn't look too serious either but it kept him out for 10 games. I think he's dealing with a shoulder injury and this might have made it worse.

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
Kind of a undeserved W as they outplayed us.

We only had 4 high danger chances 5 on 5.

Andy came up huge again when needed.

Hope Matthews is alright.

Nothing new. We've been getting outplay past the 1st period almost every game.

It's a coaching issue. Either Babcock and his staff are working these guys extremely hard leaving them no stamina to continue to play good hockey in the 2nd and 3rd, or teams are adapting and Babcock is not counter-adapting.

Either way it's a coaching issue.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Silver lining of a Matthews injury - trying out Nylander at C likely with Kappy just being moved up to keep lines intact (abort silver lining if Komarov is moved up)

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Matthews is fine, just tweaked his shoulder a little. He got off the ice fine, give him a shot and he'll be fine. Guys a big dude not a baby, if a love tap like that is injuring a big dude like that I am thinking Lupulitis!

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
f*** we need Matthews for these next two games, they may be the most critical of the season.

Reactions: ThewThew

Discordia

Nov 1, 2017
You were getting pretty close to the edge.

"Freddy having an off-night.

This is why we are not contenders. This team has the defensive capabilities as a bottom feeding team. There is maybe 2 good defenseive players on this squad and only one of them is a defense man."

Wasn't me. I wouldn't type that.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Didn't play particularly well but found a way to win

That's what good teams do when they don't have there best stuff, fight and claw and hang around long enough to give themselves a chance, we did that tonight

Andersen was his usual stoic self and the defenseman played pretty solidly besides Gardiner and Zaitsev so all in all good effort

Please be ok Austin

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
Apparently, me heating up some french fries wills the Leafs to score. I missed both the 2nd and 3rd goals while heating up some potatoey goodness. I will try this experiment again on saturday. If it once again proves to be successful, I am willing to accept donations via paypal. I mean, for less than a cup of coffee, you can help the Leafs score, and feed a demi-giant on a strict grocery budget.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
If you want to try lip reading, they had a shot of Matthews on the bench with the trainer right before he left the bench. He said something like "it's my ____" . He got crunched on that play, maybe his shoulder or ribs or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad