Post-Game Talk: LEAFS WIN! vs RED WINGS | FRIDAY, 29-SEP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Their job is to score tha

They sure do give up goals but their job is it score that's it and they are great at it, they combined for almost 180 points last year.

Their job isn't to play D

Just Like Matthews and Nylander aren't on the ice to play D, they might end up good at it but they are there to score. The Pats in the NFL have a slogan, "Do your job.'

The Bozak line and the Matthews line are there to score that's their job.

Being good defensively would be nice but their job is to score

Lol. I think you're just having me on, you can't be serious with this. :laugh:

Enjoy the game tonight.

Last edited:

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
The second and third lines are not showing much chemistry, why not go off the board a little bit and do:

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
JVR - Marleau - Marner
Komarov/Leivo/Kap - Kadri - Brown

4th line can be some rotating combination of Martin / Moore / Kapanen / Aaltonen / Leivo / Komarov

Obviously this leaves Bozak displaced, but I think that brings some nice balance to our top three lines.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
He said Marner had a bad camp. He wasn't going after anything.
Yeah and I blatantly disagree. Look at the language nith, he didn't say bad he said TERRIBLE. Meanwhile back here in reality, Marner has 3 points JVR 3 points Bozak 2 points through 4 games. Seems to me that they are playing just fine, but that doesn't fit the narrative. That poster can spin conspiracies with the best of em.

Last edited:

Ramboshaw

Apr 9, 2012
Meadow Lake, SK
Their job is to score tha

They sure do give up goals but their job is it score that's it and they are great at it, they combined for almost 180 points last year.

Their job isn't to play D

Just Like Matthews and Nylander aren't on the ice to play D, they might end up good at it but they are there to score. The Pats in the NFL have a slogan, "Do your job.'

The Bozak line and the Matthews line are there to score that's their job.

Being good defensively would be nice but their job is to score
Serious question: have you ever played hockey before? Minor league, beer league ect?
Cause it doesn’t take too long into even non “serious” competitive games that you better get up off your ass and start backchecking.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
I don't really think that Bozak and JVR are good line mates for Marner. I'd rather see him with Matthews or Kadri.

I almost think the team might be better benching Bozak, moving Nylander to center, and bringing up Kapanen. And I'm not a Bozak hater at all really.

I also agree about Marleau and the chemistry. On the PP, everyone already knows what to do. It's all about Matthews and Nylander. Hard to fit in to a system like that where you're not really needed. Marleau has played well for sure... but he just doesn't work as well as Brown did with that line. I think he would work well with Matthews and Nylander and we would have a legit top line. Probably the best line in the NHL.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
If Leo isn't working with Kadri-Marleau then why don't they just bump up Brown to 3rd line, Leo to 4th line?

I could see 3 of Dermott/Carrick/Borgman/Rosen take up #5, #6, #7 D. I'm rooting for Dermott and I don't really care what swede makes it. Carrick is the most likely lock.

Could be a long season for Marleau playing with shoot first centre Kadri

one77

Dec 22, 2013
I'd love to see Marner moved to the Kadri line, and put Komarov or Brown on the Bozak/JVR line to add some defense

Marleau - Kadri - Marner
JVR - Bozak - Komarov
Kapanen - Moore - Brown
Martin/Aaltonen

I love Brown and think he should be in the top 9 easily. But that's just a way to balance things out. The problem then becomes, we don't really have a real shutdown line anymore... unless of course Marner learns from Kadri and becomes an elite 2-way player...

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'd love to see Marner moved to the Kadri line, and put Komarov or Brown on the Bozak/JVR line to add some defense

Marleau - Kadri - Marner
JVR - Bozak - Komarov
Kapanen - Moore - Brown
Martin/Aaltonen

I love Brown and think he should be in the top 9 easily. But that's just a way to balance things out. The problem then becomes, we don't really have a real shutdown line anymore... unless of course Marner learns from Kadri and becomes an elite 2-way player...

I'd argue we don't need a shutdown line, the Matthews Kadri and 4th lines could share the load around defensively instead of what we've got now which is a shutdown line, Matthews line and the embarrassment that is the Bozak line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad