Post-Game Talk: Leafs WIN! (Thank you Smith) 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Embarrassing. Someone posted that to Stars fans... Have some pride Leafs fans. You think these fans would ever, EVER come in here after a win and say "You deserved better, Kessel is truly an elite player with great speed. Keep it up boys."

We've had people do that a few times here. I hate it when it happens though, it's so condescending. I'd rather have them frothing at the mouth on their own boards than come over here with a pity party.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
we need to talk about jake gardiner.

he's quietly becoming our best player

25:30 last night (lead team on TOI)
24:00 vs SJ
25:30 vs Montreal (lead team on TOI)

Yet people still rag on his defense. Kid does make some mistakes and loses some battles sometimes but you don't play 25-26 minutes and be bad defensively unless your name is Erik Karlsson.

He's been very good and is getting zero credit.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
Some people said the first tip-in disallowed goal should have been a goal.. got bored and tried some geometry (by the eyes) and I think it was a good call.

59620f0118febbbb3d078bf8effa89d1.png

The tip was just at cross-bar level (pink line), so call on ice stands due to inconclusiveness. Is this how these cases are ruled? (Initial no-goal on the ice call, then replay shows that it wasn't above or below the cross bar)

yea.... the analysis in this case is not legit. Camera angles. The camera is pointed downwards. The only way to tell accurately is angles from ice-level.

Pitt the Elder

Nov 7, 2013
Oakville, ON
I was at the game last night. First of all, why was Rielly scratched??? Fraser had yet another terrible game and took a terrible penalty, but I highly doubt he will be accountable for it. Another thing I noticed was that I barely saw D’Amigo and Holland’s names. What was their ice time? It seemed like almost nothing which begs the question what’s the point of having them here if we aren’t going to play them? On the first game of a 3 in 4, with the injured personnel we have right now you’d think they’d try and play everyone more than 5 mins. And I also never saw D’Amigo’s name on the PK. Again, what’s the point of calling him up? That’s what one of his jobs should be.

Aside from that it was actually pretty funny, my girlfriend, who is a huge lacrosse fan and will watch hockey but doesn’t know it very well, pointed out that “Dallas is always moving around and passing to each other, but we seem to just hit it away as soon as we get the puck, like they’re scared”. That was pretty much the entire game, Toronto looked like they had no confidence, and much of the game was just throwing the puck away as soon as we got possession of it. Also Clarkson can’t win a footrace to save his life.

Anyway a win is a win, and though it took a while for the game to get exciting, and the atmosphere was pretty lacklustre it was still a fun night. I had a guy and his girlfriend from Houston sitting beside me, it was his first game so he was asking me a bunch of questions about who everyone is and how the game works, and they seemed to have a good time.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
I also plead for Leaf fans to go over to other teams board to kiss ass. It's really embarrassing and I don't know what they're trying to prove.

Everyone hates us and talks ****, why go there to kiss ass? It's not changing anything.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I also plead for Leaf fans to go over to other teams board to kiss ass. It's really embarrassing and I don't know what they're trying to prove.

Everyone hates us and talks ****, why go there to kiss ass? It's not changing anything.

Well I go over after every game because I am interested in discussing their team as well, especially after watching them a whole game. After a win I always make sure to be respectful.

KessMeRandy

Nov 25, 2013
How are you trading shot for shot if you didn't get your first shot until after 10 minutes into the game? Just curious.

that's a good one but if you were to have looked up at that indicative little piece of technology (think it's called a scoreboard or something like that?) you'd see 3-2 for the home team. Go back to your guns and cows, dude.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
You haven't been watching the Leafs much over the last couple years if you think THAT was a stinker :laugh:

:laugh: this. And after a 5 game losing streak, I am happy we won. Don't even care if it was bad.

We leafs fans have learned to take pride in the small things. If we were constantly so angry over every detail our lives as leafs fans would be even more miserable :laugh:

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Yeah, the leaf fans that go to other teams boards after a game and say "sorry, you guys definitely deserved to win" are the worst type of leaf fans. It's so embarrassing. It's worse than the ones that make trade proposals like Stamkos for Gardiner, Bozak, and Reimer.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Nice play by Phaneuf. So what were the haters saying about his passing? :p:

I'm one who said he is not a great passer.....and last night was no exception.....he had a hard time passing the puck flat again. He leads the team in icings as he misses his target far to much.

He also was not very good last night as he looked lost far to often, he has played well most of this season. Gardinar was our best D man by a wide margin last night.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Yeah, the leaf fans that go to other teams boards after a game and say "sorry, you guys definitely deserved to win" are the worst type of leaf fans. It's so embarrassing. It's worse than the ones that make trade proposals like Stamkos for Gardiner, Bozak, and Reimer.

Why??? You can't handle the truth that the Leafs suck most nights?

They have been out shot, out played, and out coached, most of this season so far. We were extremely lucky to get the 2 points last night IMHO. We are very lucky to have the points we have to date.

We are in need of a #1 centre, a top 2 D, and at least 1 #3 or #4 D! Nonis still has some work to do.

KessMeRandy

Nov 25, 2013

They have been out shot, out played, and out coached, most of this season so far. We were extremely lucky to get the 2 points last night IMHO. We are very lucky to have the points we have to date.

We are in need of a #1 centre, a top 2 D, and at least 1 #3 or #4 D! Nonis has some work to do.

yes all of Dallas' shots hit the post or hits objects being thrown by the fans and were subsequently redirected into Dallas own net, right? RIGHT? winning on the back of good goaltending isn't good luck, it's being very strong at a position. It's like saying the Penguins are lucky because they win with goals from Crosby and Malkin. That concept has never made sense to me. Maybe you can say the group (as a unit) was undeserving, but they weren't LUCKY. They fought back and they put three little rubber disks behind Kari Lehtonen and past the red line that separates goal from no goal. The Dallas Stars put two little rubber disks behind Jon Bernier and past the red line. 3-2 Leafs because the Leafs scored more goals and had better goaltending. It wasn't luck at all. Goalies are part of the TEAM.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I'm one who said he is not a great passer.....and last night was no exception.....he had a hard time passing the puck flat again. He leads the team in icings as he misses his target far to much.

He also was not very good last night as he looked lost far to often, he has played well most of this season. Gardinar was our best D man by a wide margin last night.
Phaneuf was solid last night, he was our only option against Benn and he made a number of plays that nobody else on the D core is capable of making, where he was able to get to dangerous areas in a hurry and remove the threat (usually Benn making a hard down low/rebound) play.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Phaneuf was solid last night, he was our only option against Benn and he made a number of plays that nobody else on the D core is capable of making, where he was able to get to dangerous areas in a hurry and remove the threat (usually Benn making a hard down low/rebound) play.

Dion was not solid last night, he let players behind him all night long and never boxed out. He looked lost on many occasions. Gunnar was the better of the top pair last night. Dion has played real good this year but last night was not one of his best games. Lots of standing around looking confused. He joined the rush a lot more and was trying hard to make a difference offensively....but defensively was not one of his better games.

Penalty Kill Icing*

You mean the line that didn't score the overtime winner because Clarkson won the puck on a forecheck, then crowded out the defender in front of the goalie so Smith was open to deflect the puck?

Too many boneheads riding Clarkson because he hasn't put up big numbers yet. Watch the details, he's the only consistent offensive zone mucker we have.

More intangibles. Yay!

Only in Leafsland will fanboys keep crediting the only guy on ice who didn't register point on the GWG as the most influential factor in the goal.

Yea right.... boneheads. :laugh:

P.S.: You forgot that JvR plays for Leafs.

KessMeRandy

Nov 25, 2013
More intangibles. Yay!

Only in Leafsland will fanboys keep crediting the only guy on ice who didn't register point on the GWG as the most influential factor in the goal.

Yea right.... boneheads. :laugh:

P.S.: You forgot that JvR plays for Leafs.

i disagree with you on Clarkson. Think aside from point production he's actually being really great at keeping the o-zone and carrying the puck down. Offence will come when he doesn't have Trevor Smith and Mason Raymond flaking him (no offence to them but they're 3rd line guys). He's a good player. JVR though, god damn, he is panning out like nobody's business. What a net presence!!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
yes all of Dallas' shots hit the post or hits objects being thrown by the fans and were subsequently redirected into Dallas own net, right? RIGHT? winning on the back of good goaltending isn't good luck, it's being very strong at a position. It's like saying the Penguins are lucky because they win with goals from Crosby and Malkin. That concept has never made sense to me. Maybe you can say the group (as a unit) was undeserving, but they weren't LUCKY. They fought back and they put three little rubber disks behind Kari Lehtonen and past the red line that separates goal from no goal. The Dallas Stars put two little rubber disks behind Jon Bernier and past the red line. 3-2 Leafs because the Leafs scored more goals and had better goaltending. It wasn't luck at all. Goalies are part of the TEAM.

Yup, everything is just fine in Leafs Land. It's all wine and roses! We're good to go directly to the Stanley Cup final. The way they're playing the game is all for ***** and giggles! Just love it! :sarcasm:

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013

So true, I find that so lame and suckupish...

"Leafs fan coming in peace... you guys have a good team, *insert young player here* is going to be amazing in the future"

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013

We are in need of a #1 centre, a top 2 D, and at least 1 #3 or #4 D! Nonis still has some work to do.

Where was luck involved last night? Please highlights specific examples because I, as well as many others, can't seem to find anything involving luck and yet people constantly go on about how the team is lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad