Post-Game Talk: Leafs WIN! (Thank you Smith) 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Dion was not solid last night, he let players behind him all night long and never boxed out. He looked lost on many occasions. Gunnar was the better of the top pair last night. Dion has played real good this year but last night was not one of his best games. Lots of standing around looking confused. He joined the rush a lot more and was trying hard to make a difference offensively....but defensively was not one of his better games.
I don't agree at all. He made a bad play on the GTG and there weren't many other negatives. He's not perfect,but he's also compensating for a scrambly team, a lot of ice time and questionable support.

Gunnar's still struggling in battles alone the boards and misplacing situations off the rush. He was walked(again) by Benn last night in a 2on2.

Last edited:

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
the only time I'll ever post on the other team's board after a game is to send positive vibes if one of their guys gets injured. The whole talking down thing just seems so childish, like a big brother consoling his younger brother after whooping him in foosball or something

BayStreetBullies*

I'm one who said he is not a great passer.....and last night was no exception.....he had a hard time passing the puck flat again. He leads the team in icings as he misses his target far to much.

No, he did not have a hard time passing the puck. Honestly, I think you just say these things to provoke. How you could possibly find a correlation between icing calls and "missing the target" is hilarious.

He also was not very good last night as he looked lost far to often, he has played well most of this season. Gardinar was our best D man by a wide margin last night.

Actually, he was good and did not look lost at all. Gardiner was not the best D-man by a wide margin, at best he was close to Phaneuf.

So yeah, have fun fantasizing about our captain's allegedly lacklustre passing. ;)

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Greasy win ,but I'll take it without any complaint.

Often it's the greasy win that breaks a slump.:)

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Nichushkin is scary
So were the last 10 minutes !
We were ok up til then

We just cant do it for 60 minutes

Lack of natural speed
Playing thru injuries
Poor conditioning

Who knows :(

Hibachi

Oct 22, 2013
Hilarious!! :laugh:

Frasnger

BaxJSo5IEAAxHhe.jpg

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Haha, It looks so much worst than it was.

The forwards made a awful change seconds before.

As soon as Clarkson's line changed...I just went :facepalm:. I couldn't believe that those idiots changed and made a nothing play into a 4 on 2.

No team misses such a golden chance to tie the game up.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Yup, everything is just fine in Leafs Land. It's all wine and roses! We're good to go directly to the Stanley Cup final. The way they're playing the game is all for ***** and giggles! Just love it! :sarcasm:

So he provided a solid argument against your 'luck' comment and you give him garbage in response? Nice.

He admitted that the team collective play may not have been deserving. Why are you trying to get on your soap box and replying to him as though he suggested that everything is fine with the team? He only argued against your comment about them being lucky.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Bernier trade looks outstanding

:laugh:

Although, I agree it will look good down the road... I just find it funny the timing of this post. After giving up 5 goals and playing poorly in losses, he wins a game and the trade looks outstanding!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
So he provided a solid argument against your 'luck' comment and you give him garbage in response? Nice.

He admitted that the team collective play may not have been deserving. Why are you trying to get on your soap box and replying to him as though he suggested that everything is fine with the team? He only argued against your comment about them being lucky.

We got out shot 2 to 1, outplayed, and out coached, IMHO. Dallas spent more time in our zone than we did in theirs. Our team is a mess, play wise, and injury wise. We've won most of our games, with less than a full effort from the team, by having some timely scoring and fortunate goaltending.

Hey, a bounce or two for Dallas, on all those shots, and we lose. That's the luck I was referring to. Simple as that.

I think it's very fortunate that our team can play such half-assed, mistake laden hockey, and still have the record they do. Call it something other than luck, if you wish!

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
:laugh:

Although, I agree it will look good down the road... I just find it funny the timing of this post. After giving up 5 goals and playing poorly in losses, he wins a game and the trade looks outstanding!

Plan the parade! :laugh:

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Hilarious!! :laugh:

Frasnger

BaxJSo5IEAAxHhe.jpg

Not their fault.

Clarksons line started changing when the puck was just about to enter our zone.

Make a 4v5 into a 4v2. Dumbest Line combination I have seen this year. They played worse than the 4th line. Every time Clarkson-Smith-Raymond hit the ice, Dallas got a grade A scoring chance

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
We got out shot 2 to 1, outplayed, and out coached, IMHO. Dallas spent more time in our zone than we did in theirs. Our team is a mess, play wise, and injury wise. We've won most of our games, with less than a full effort from the team, by having some timely scoring and fortunate goaltending.

Hey, a bounce or two for Dallas, on all those shots, and we lose. That's the luck I was referring to. Simple as that.

I think it's very fortunate that our team can play such half-assed, mistake laden hockey, and still have the record they do. Call it something other than luck, if you wish!

A bounce or two for Bernier and he ends up with a 50 save shutout. Simple as that. The luck you're referring to applies to every team in the league. I get what you're trying to say but I think you poorly worded your point and then you provided a stupid response to someone who fairly challenged your idea of 'luck'.

Luck implies fluke. Our goaltending isn't a fluke. Our goal scoring isn't a fluke. The team isn't lucky - they have the talent to pull off these kind of wins (as their record shows) but it's unlikely that the talent can sustain these kinds of performances for an entire season especially when it relies far too much on goaltending. Last night when Bernier was asked how he felt after his win, his first reply was 'I'm tired'. The Leafs will be averaging a game every other night in the month of December and against tougher competition than their previous two months. If they want to have a better outcome than November, they have to make it easier on their goaltending.

I personally don't care what people call it though I wouldn't call it luck either but just because I (and others) disagree with your terminology doesn't mean we are incapable or blind to the problems the team has. Maybe you just need to find a better word for it if you insist on talking about it and you'll probably find less opposition to your point.

Last edited:

Mr Scarface*

I just saw this and was shocked.

Carter Ashton is by far the HARDest Leaf player

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...&teamid=28&type=goals&sort=HARDp&sortdir=DESC
Damn this man has to get his icetime for certainly you are so correct here. That is rock solid evidence right there to be seen. If we have all these unfortunate injuries then Ashton needs to be the man up there for surely.

I spent some good time with the big mama but not going into any hard details naturally so I missed the big game against dallas myself. Life goes like that sometimes and not all games can be seen. It's a shame really, but that's how it goes. Good times are important nontheless what kind of times they are.

I just read this post game talk and man did it ever made me smile and laugh hard. There is so much respect and understanding going on here at the leaf hfboards I can't believe my eyes and heart. I very much have enjoyed the hockey talk here while being a long time hockey fan of course and this place makes it even more entertaining and so much more fun.
This place makes the following of the leafs organization even more broadening and funnier and that to me is a great deal. Like I once opened the thread "the True identity is back" I then said that (entertainment) is the key still in sports and in everything really. It doesn't even matter then if it's good, the bad or the ugly, or if a team loses or wins.... if the game itself is (entertaining). The whole event. Maple Leafs last season played so dirty, hard and heavy game I couldn't believe my eyes. I won't get over Carlyle and those leafs ever. That brought back all those great memories with the Roberts, Tucker, Belfour and Sundin teams that had so many characters and also the great coach in Pat Quinn. That was entertainment every night at its fullest.
These two seasons lately by the leafs and also all the writers here at hfboards have made the following of this game even better. Can't ask anything more of life than entertainment. Whatever it shall be to everyone... food, drinks, cigars, women, men, hockey, porridge, gambling, cars, bikes, water, ice cream or just earth to walk like kane in kung fu. But yes, this is the game and we all love it like all love the team naturally.

Glad to see we got the win I watched some highlights of the game and read analyzis here and there and it's looking very bright now. Carlyle is getting his team more readier taking those 50 shots back and still living and standing up like there's no bleed anywhere. They still roll with. Got to adapt... darwin, I ching, what a his team of course. Bowing down to the players too right here, they play the game wisely and hard. With all these injuries out there. I see Kadri rises to the occasion. And many others do too.

There's good times coming ahead for our team and us naturally because of that. Leafs are built for the playoffs and especially for those important games. We are doing some sort of a trade this season of course but this team already has it like we all have seen. When get all those warriors back healthy then all hell might brake loose again. It's just about that late season when Carlyle sends that last great message and tells it like it is.... like now is the time. And then they start fighting and biting people's face again. (Grabovski bit some guy's nose or something last seaason I remember the game it was montreal I think). They'll start pummeling again soon enough already.

I'm just real happy to see all the understanding of this philosofy of the Leafs identity. Carlyle brought it back and his players did the thing last season. This season it has happened, but will happen in better ways late this season.
I just want to say so much appreciation, greetings, props and regulations for all this toronto maple leafs hfboards staff and cast of people. This place makes hockey more fun than it already has been. There's a lot going on here folks.

Everybody is scared of the Maple Leafs now. People are really talking everywhere.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
A bounce or two for Bernier and he ends up with a 50 save shutout. Simple as that. The luck you're referring to applies to every team in the league. I get what you're trying to say but I think you poorly worded your point and then you provided a stupid response to someone who fairly challenged your idea of 'luck'.

Luck implies fluke. Our goaltending isn't a fluke. Our goal scoring isn't a fluke. The team isn't lucky - they have the talent to pull off these kind of wins (as their record shows) but it's unlikely that the talent can sustain these kinds of performances for an entire season especially when it relies far too much on goaltending. Last night when Bernier was asked how he felt after his win, his first reply was 'I'm tired'. The Leafs will be averaging a game every other night in the month of December and against tougher competition than their previous two months. If they want to have a better outcome than November, they have to make it easier on their goaltending.

I personally don't care what people call it though I wouldn't call it luck either but just because I (and others) disagree with your terminology doesn't mean we are incapable or blind to the problems the team has. Maybe you just need to find a better word for it if you insist on talking about it and you'll probably find less opposition to your point.

I know that a win is a win and worth 2 points no matter how bad the winning team has played. However, getting outshot 50 to 24, in your own rink, is downright embarrassing, and, somewhat pathetic.

They get out played, out chanced, and out shot, almost every game. This has been the modus operandi for our Leafs all season long.

They have been fortunate to win as many games as they have, or, their opponents have failed to capitalize on the poor play offered up by our Leafs. I don't care which one anyone chooses!!!

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Damn this man has to get his icetime for certainly you are so correct here. That is rock solid evidence right there to be seen. If we have all these unfortunate injuries then Ashton needs to be the man up there for surely.

I spent some good time with the big mama but not going into any hard details naturally so I missed the big game against dallas myself. Life goes like that sometimes and not all games can be seen. It's a shame really, but that's how it goes. Good times are important nontheless what kind of times they are.

I just read this post game talk and man did it ever made me smile and laugh hard. There is so much respect and understanding going on here at the leaf hfboards I can't believe my eyes and heart. I very much have enjoyed the hockey talk here while being a long time hockey fan of course and this place makes it even more entertaining and so much more fun.
This place makes the following of the leafs organization even more broadening and funnier and that to me is a great deal. Like I once opened the thread "the True identity is back" I then said that (entertainment) is the key still in sports and in everything really. It doesn't even matter then if it's good, the bad or the ugly, or if a team loses or wins.... if the game itself is (entertaining). The whole event. Maple Leafs last season played so dirty, hard and heavy game I couldn't believe my eyes. I won't get over Carlyle and those leafs ever. That brought back all those great memories with the Roberts, Tucker, Belfour and Sundin teams that had so many characters and also the great coach in Pat Quinn. That was entertainment every night at its fullest.
These two seasons lately by the leafs and also all the writers here at hfboards have made the following of this game even better. Can't ask anything more of life than entertainment. Whatever it shall be to everyone... food, drinks, cigars, women, men, hockey, porridge, gambling, cars, bikes, water, ice cream or just earth to walk like kane in kung fu. But yes, this is the game and we all love it like all love the team naturally.

Glad to see we got the win I watched some highlights of the game and read analyzis here and there and it's looking very bright now. Carlyle is getting his team more readier taking those 50 shots back and still living and standing up like there's no bleed anywhere. They still roll with. Got to adapt... darwin, I ching, what a his team of course. Bowing down to the players too right here, they play the game wisely and hard. With all these injuries out there. I see Kadri rises to the occasion. And many others do too.

There's good times coming ahead for our team and us naturally because of that. Leafs are built for the playoffs and especially for those important games. We are doing some sort of a trade this season of course but this team already has it like we all have seen. When get all those warriors back healthy then all hell might brake loose again. It's just about that late season when Carlyle sends that last great message and tells it like it is.... like now is the time. And then they start fighting and biting people's face again. (Grabovski bit some guy's nose or something last seaason I remember the game it was montreal I think). They'll start pummeling again soon enough already.

I'm just real happy to see all the understanding of this philosofy of the Leafs identity. Carlyle brought it back and his players did the thing last season. This season it has happened, but will happen in better ways late this season.
I just want to say so much appreciation, greetings, props and regulations for all this toronto maple leafs hfboards staff and cast of people. This place makes hockey more fun than it already has been. There's a lot going on here folks.

Everybody is scared of the Maple Leafs now. People are really talking everywhere.

lmao

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Honestly, we did not deserve to win this game. We have to play better if we are to stay in the playoff race.

Goaltending is such a great equalizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad