Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win (Naturally). Saturday is going to be Stressful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
And he won some huge ones during the four minute Philly power play. I was skeptical but he is going to be a useful player.

I say he is two years away. Still not comfortable with his offence. Hopefully two years in the AHL and he will be ready.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
I'd like to see s find a way to grab another top 10 pick after the lottery. I wonder if Kadri + Pittsburgh pick could get us top 10 selection. If feels like we'd be overpaying, but we're really only talking about one year of Kadri before he hits UFA.

We have a wealth of picks. Maybe we'll do the opposite of last year, and package some to move up?!

I'd love to see a draft haul that had Matthews/Laine + Chychrun/Juolevi/Sergachev + Hart.

If we pulled that off, any other selections would be pure gravy!

doubt that's enough to move into the top 10.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Nothing wrong with finishing 29th. We are getting a great prospect.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I say he is two years away. Still not comfortable with his offence. Hopefully two years in the AHL and he will be ready.

Coming into the season I was thinking 2 years, now I think next year might be enough and that's only to see if he can get an offensive spark. Even without it he can play in the nhl. He will create chances for his line even if he doesn't touch the puck.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Why? Shouldn't we be tanking next year too?

I won't cheer for our Leafs to lose, however, I'm not convinced that the rebuild is complete with this year's draft. A high set of draft picks next year is essential for the rebuild IMHO.

:dunno:

Next year the kids start playing, and at that point it becomes a self-correcting process. If the likes of Rielly, Nylander and other rookies carry us out of the basement and into a playoff contention, then we don't need to draft high all that bad. If they don't, then we will.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
I'd like to see s find a way to grab another top 10 pick after the lottery. I wonder if Kadri + Pittsburgh pick could get us top 10 selection. If feels like we'd be overpaying, but we're really only talking about one year of Kadri before he hits UFA.

We have a wealth of picks. Maybe we'll do the opposite of last year, and package some to move up?!

I'd love to see a draft haul that had Matthews/Laine + Chychrun/Juolevi/Sergachev + Hart.

If we pulled that off, any other selections would be pure gravy!
What is the infatuation all the time on these boards over draft picks? I'd rather kadri and the Pitts pick go for a top 4 young rhd that's already established in the league like a trouba for instance. If I'm trading kadri, who isn't a star but still has some value as a #2 centre, and a first round pick, I want more then the 10th overall pick. Picks always have question marks with them, young established talent doesn't.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
I gotta question for you guys. Leafs win 1st overall pick. Arizona desperately wants Mathews. They offer their top10 first and Domi for 1st overall. Would you take it? Sure would be great to see domi on the back. Of a leafs Jersey again

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Damn you Nylander :laugh:

He's starting to figure the NHL out now, going to be fun to watch him next year.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I gotta question for you guys. Leafs win 1st overall pick. Arizona desperately wants Mathews. They offer their top10 first and Domi for 1st overall. Would you take it? Sure would be great to see domi on the back. Of a leafs Jersey again

Nope.
Strome and the 2nd overall maybe.
Liane Willie johnson
Jvr Strome brown
In the future could work.
Imo giving up a 1C for a winger is a no go. Getting back a 1B 2a centre and being able to draft a game changer like liane would get me thinking only because Willie is looking real good and I've been drooling for liane all year.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

Not interested in that one bit.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
Nope.
Strome and the 2nd overall maybe.
Liane Willie johnson
Jvr Strome brown
In the future could work.
Imo giving up a 1C for a winger is a no go. Getting back a 1B 2a centre and being able to draft a game changer like liane would get me thinking only because Willie is looking real good and I've been drooling for liane all year.

Cmon now. Strome looks like he's gonna be a #1centre himself. You really think Arizona would trade their best prospect and pick to move 1spot up? Would you trade Marner and the 2nd overall pick for Mathews? Don't think so.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Cmon now. Strome looks like he's gonna be a #1centre himself. You really think Arizona would trade their best prospect and pick to move 1spot up? Would you trade Marner and the 2nd overall pick for Mathews? Don't think so.
I absolutely don't think or expect them to. I wouldn't move the 1st overall though either.
It would take a kings ransom to get that away from the leafs. The only thing would be a massive overpayment.
On the flip side the coyotes still have Dvo and then they would be adding mathews, they would be stronger when all is said and done.
As for Strome I am still weary of his skating to call him a probable #1

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Pure fantasy. Leafs gets the 1st overall, trade that pick along with Harrington and Percy to Edmonton for McDavid.

For real, there is no way the Leafs is going to trade the first overall, unless it is a completely uneven deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad