Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in SO after giving up another two goal lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Maybe I haven't come across the right clip, but I've heard MJ and Jonas laughing about a pointless fight with Forbert and Reaves. Then suggesting the core 4 fighting would be fun, but the window to really make an impact has passed.

It was pretty funny to hear them suggest Knies or Matthews fighting Marchand would be unfair to little Marchand though. Jonas's suggestion of a Domi fight made a lot more sense than JT or Matthews getting fed off the opening draw or a passive rookie who doesnt look comfortable fighting "giving it his best"
That’s the one. Three minutes in is the meat.
MJ to Jonas “it doesn’t tell YOU anything” and then his tone and tempo goes up when addressing the notion of is it even necessary three weeks later. Definitely a bit of passion in ol’ Mike Johnson on that one and it gives you players insight on any value that might be attained by retribution.
The players attitudes (on this matter) don’t necessarily prove anything but at the very least it should throw doubt upon the notion that retribution is absolutely pointless.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
MJ to Jonas “it doesn’t tell YOU anything” and then his tone and tempo goes up when addressing the notion of is it even necessary three weeks later. Definitely a bit of passion in ol’ Mike Johnson on that one and it gives you players insight on any value that might be attained by retribution.
The players attitudes (on this matter) don’t necessarily prove anything but at the very least it should throw doubt upon the notion that retribution is absolutely pointless.
I think the point is retribution is pointless if its one and done.

On a sidenote, boy is Odog painful at times. Such high highs and low lows

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
An assist is one point just as a goal is, so yes, Nylander contributed, however he could have done more, just as Matthews should have too.

High salaries, and expectations for high salaries, should make the player more of a frequent contributor on the score board. We need much more from our highly paid core 4 on a game by game basis.

Without Gregor scoring, we lose games in regulation and the shootout. It's all relative, except the paychecks !!!

JMHO.
He's contributed on the score board in 18 of 21 games this year. How much more 'frequent' do you need?

weems

Jul 3, 2008

That's because players understand how important it is to have a warrior like mentality when it comes to standing up for teammates.

Teams that win championships are always ones that have to go through a ton of mental and physical fatigue winning 16 hard playoff games and teams that are cohesive and willing to do whatever it takes usually do extremely well when the intensity of the games go way up once the playoffs start.

That's my biggest concern with this group. I'm not convinced they have the overall battle level or the do whatever it takes mindset to win a championship and it starts and ends with our core 4.

Hopefully they prove me wrong this year.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That's because players understand how important it is to have a warrior like mentality when it comes to standing up for teammates.

Teams that win championships are always ones that have to go through a ton of mental and physical fatigue winning 16 hard playoff games and teams that are cohesive and willing to do whatever it takes usually do extremely well when the intensity of the games go way up once the playoffs start.

That's my biggest concern with this group. I'm not convinced they have the overall battle level or the do whatever it takes mindset to win a championship and it starts and ends with our core 4.

Hopefully they prove me wrong this year.

What's bewildering about this group is they've played some horrendously inconsistent hockey, getting very unreliable production out of their star players, leaky defense and goaltending at times, can't win a regulation game to save their lives, and are 7-2-1, one win off the pace of the New York Rangers who appear to be the class of the league at the moment... and the glass half full part of the equation is no one can beat the Leafs in regulation.

So you'd think with small adjustments in their attitude to be harder to play against, battle more, button down and protect their goalies and get some focused play from the stars, they'd be the class of the league... or if they continue to play with fire they'll surely get burned.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
MARNERRRRRRR

1704050871_4652150079001_4650926641001-vs.jpg

He looks exactly the same lol.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
More goals, more goals, more goals. I said more goals please !!!
You're right - there are 12 players who have scored more goals over the last 2+ seasons.

Forget that lame excuse about less ice time and playing on the second line - he's just not pulling his weight.

Reactions: Al14

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If you under stood what i typed is all that is required and not all of us had the so call education that you had
It's just so hard to read posts like yours, I for one didn't read your post to the end as it was just too much effort.

If you can't write better because you don't have the required education, no shame in that, hopefully you will learn and do better in the future. Cheers!

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
That's funny because guys who still try to relive the glory days of playing Jr. 30 years ago won't understand it today.
Completely agree .. i have seen that in my 2 kids who both played in O, A and Germany .. game is completely 180 degree different then when I played .. but bottom line if you never played you can never understand what it takes and hockey has never been and will never be a game of spreadsheets for geeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad