Post-Game Talk: Leafs win in SO after giving up another two goal lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
By the playoffs that'll probably go up to 70% or whatever which may or may not be enough to win a round. Hard to see us going much further than that but you never know I guess, we'll see.
I think we can all agree that ultimately this is all that counts. I don't see any major powerhouses in the conference. The Rangers have the new coach rebound going right now, but I'm not sure I see that lasting all season. Boston is a paper tiger when it comes to the playoffs, especially once Ullmark gets into a playoff game. Florida is the wildcard for me, because their run last season was so dependent on likely unrepeatable factors - an incredible playoff overtime record and a brief flash from Bob. Carolina is going to get knocked out the way that Carolina always does, and their goaltending is not good. Before the season started I thought Jersey was the biggest risk to the Leafs, and I still think that is the case. They've had a tough start because of injuries to their best players, but when healthy that is a very strong team (and they will have a ROY candidate in L. Hughes). They desperately need a reliable goalie, but they have the cap space to acquire one.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Who said it doesn't count, of course it counts, don't you have anything better to do than to pollute this thread with this pointless straw man bullshit?

OT/SO wins count, they just don't mean squat when we talk about what this team might be capable of in the playoffs. You do understand that there are no shootouts in the playoffs and overtime is 5on5 right?
When you're bitching about OT/SO wins and dismissing them, that is implying they don't count. When you're exclusively hyper focused on regulation wins and ignoring OT wins and pretending like they don't matter, it implies they don't count.

Don't you have anything better to do than bitch and cry about a team being good in overtime ?

You do understand the team doesn't have the choice to play 5 on 5 OT in regular season right ? You understand that the rulebook says they HAVE to play 3 on 3 and then shootout right ?

You do understand that taking their regulation record only and trying to use that to determine how the OT/SO wins would have actually played out is about as dumb as it gets right ?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Can't disagree that I may of exaggerated Nylander going stone cold, however he was pretty much invisible last night.

One goal from him or Matthews and our Leafs likely win that game IN REGULATION.

Just saying.
If not for his beautiful freeze and pass to Mitch for the first goal Leafs likely lose that game IN REGULATION.

Reactions: Al14

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
When you're bitching about OT/SO wins and dismissing them, that is implying they don't count. When you're exclusively hyper focused on regulation wins and ignoring OT wins and pretending like they don't matter, it implies they don't count.

Don't you have anything better to do than bitch and cry about a team being good in overtime ?

You do understand the team doesn't have the choice to play 5 on 5 OT in regular season right ? You understand that the rulebook says they HAVE to play 3 on 3 and then shootout right ?

You do understand that taking their regulation record only and trying to use that to determine how the OT/SO wins would have actually played out is about as dumb as it gets right ?
:clap:

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I notice all the chirpers pretend like they didn't notice this post LOL.

I remember a few years bac we kept losing in shootouts and people were freaking out, then the next season we kept winning them with the same roster. OT and shootouts are nothing more than a massive variance fest and in playoff hockey, these gimmicks don't exist anyway.

This team has been an inconsistent shit show on the ice which is accurately reflected by the .476 PTS% when playing hockey. People chirping about points produced by a hot run in gimmicks are only fooling themselves.

Says that guy who guaranteed that we will beat Boston, and then Buffalo, and then Chicago (again). You are nothing more than an over the top homer who puts zero thoughts into your posts, it's all just Leafs are going to win this and win that and go on a roll blah blah blah.

This is a team with a .476 PTS% when playing hockey that is on unsustainable roll when it comes to scoring gimmick points. Those are the facts but whatever, you keep ignoring the obvious truth and enjoy life in your fantasy world where the Leafs are "vastly superior".

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

it is concerning all the win from ot/So? yes for sure

considerating than half of leafs foward was in a new team/ new system and 71% of top 7 D get injured? it is great still being where we are? yes for sure

i would say you before began despite all injuries in D and huge lack of chemistry in bottom 6 and despite a slow start from Matthews and marner than leafs would be in top 5 in NHL in term of win %. Probably most of leafs fan would sign it immediatly

it was not sexy, everybody is agree with it

leafs will need to fix some thing from their game until the end of season? yes and everybody is agree with it

but at the end, they find a way to battle and winning whatever how they did it.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
So because we lost other games in regulation this year, we're going to assume that every game that went to OT/SO that we won, would have been regulation losses ? Or that we're going to use the point percent from other games and just apply it to our OT/SO wins ? Doesn't make any sense. Your argument is fundamentally flawed.

Leafs are 7-4 in overtime/shootout this year, somehow people are making this a bad thing.
I made no assumptions of any kind, I simply posted the .476 regulation PTS%. If straw man BS is all you have, why bother posting?

So because they won in over time it doesn't count ? lol What's to say they wouldn't have won if it was 5 on 5 OT ?

We also have only 6 regulation losses which is the 2nd best in our division and 3rd best in the conference. No ones bitching about that.

People are just looking for something to complain about, like sorry that our team is winning games in OT and shootout ? lmao

Who said it doesn't count, of course it counts, don't you have anything better to do than to pollute this thread with this pointless straw man bullshit?

OT/SO wins count, they just don't mean squat when we talk about what this team might be capable of in the playoffs. You do understand that there are no shootouts in the playoffs and overtime is 5on5 right?

If you're going to quote posts, you really need to read them before you start spewing.

it is concerning all the win from ot/So? yes for sure

considerating than half of leafs foward was in a new team/ new system and 71% of top 7 D get injured? it is great still being where we are? yes for sure

i would say you before began despite all injuries in D and huge lack of chemistry in bottom 6 and despite a slow start from Matthews and marner than leafs would be in top 5 in NHL in term of win %. Probably most of leafs fan would sign it immediatly

it was not sexy, everybody is agree with it

leafs will need to fix some thing from their game until the end of season? yes and everybody is agree with it

but at the end, they find a way to battle and winning whatever how they did it.
Sure, like I said, I'm confident that we will play better. So far we've played like crap, but I'm confident we can do better and we will do better.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
1000013718.jpg

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Come on with this take Gary. You really think that this trend will span the entire season? They've only played 21 games and have had some weird euro trip to deal with. It's a small sample size that cherry picked percentage will improve.

It's a quarter of the season.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

I think we can all agree that the OT/SO format is a complete joke and should be ignored

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
If not for his beautiful freeze and pass to Mitch for the first goal Leafs likely lose that game IN REGULATION.
An assist is one point just as a goal is, so yes, Nylander contributed, however he could have done more, just as Matthews should have too.

High salaries, and expectations for high salaries, should make the player more of a frequent contributor on the score board. We need much more from our highly paid core 4 on a game by game basis.

Without Gregor scoring, we lose games in regulation and the shootout. It's all relative, except the paychecks !!!

JMHO.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Meanwhile, the Leafs are 6-1-1 in their last 8 games, so my prediction about their record looks pretty solid.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Could you imagine trying to have some of the discussions posters on here have with those people? We would think they’re brainless homers and they’d feel we aren’t “real” fans.

I’m a diehard but watching fans like these guys makes me feel like a fair weather fan lol.
I'm reasonably certain that 98% of the population is irreparably stupid. It's my only explanation for why things are the way they are.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
So were was the rest of the team and it can’t be blamed on the goal tending when it was 40 shots to 20 plus and none in the ot this team stinks big time get rid of the core 4 because they are not helping each other out at all right now they are using up all this cap space and they are bringing nothing to the table
Punctuation is your friend.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Joseph Woll is 6-0 in overtime and shootouts. Is that a positive thing or "gimmicky" ?
3on3 OT and shootouts are gimmicky but making saves is always a positive thing.

Punctuation is your friend.
Or maybe it's his enemy? I couldn't even bring myself to read that entire thing, geez Louise why do people write like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad