Leafs win draft lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
But...Montreal has a star goalie. Toronto doesn't have anything at the moment...

Last time I checked it was a team game; and both your teams, without Price and Karlsson, are in no position to brag or boast about anything. Or maybe you're still salty because it onwards and upwards for us?..

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
But...Montreal has a star goalie. Toronto doesn't have anything at the moment...

It's not particularly difficult to acquire average starting goaltending these days. Star goaltending, yes. But there's really only about 5 teams that have that anyways. And only 1 of them is currently still in the playoffs

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
:laugh:

Are you really using NHLe for the NLA? How many players come to the NHL to the NLA?

Nice sample size there.

:laugh:

Also, Eichel "only" got 56 points this year, so if you're going to hang your hat on NHLe then it seems to me that you must think he's stopped developing.
So actual facts are not as good as your imagined ones. ;)

To the “content†in your post. The people who like Rob Vollman, who provide NHLe only do so for the leagues that have sufficient number of players moving to the NHL.
NHLe of 55 actual points 56. I fail to see what you are trying to say is wrong here.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Last time I checked it was a team game; and both your teams, without Price and Karlsson, are in no position to brag or boast about anything. Or maybe you're still salty because it onwards and upwards for us?..
But they do have those two players, so I'm not sure what the diss is, here.

Leafs fans should be happy that they have a chance to really do things right in their rebuild (considering they tried to do it quick and failed miserably), but you better not count your chickens before they hatch, or else you are putting yourself in a position to be sorely disappointed if the rebuild doesn't end up exactly how you expected.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
But they do have those two players, so I'm not sure what the diss is, here.

Leafs fans should be happy that they have a chance to really do things right in their rebuild (considering they tried to do it quick and failed miserably), but you better not count your chickens before they hatch, or else you are putting yourself in a position to be sorely disappointed if the rebuild doesn't end up exactly how you expected.

That's alright. Regardless of what the results ultimately are from our rebuild, there's always going to be haters...especially from Ottawa and Montreal. I'm just having fun with it all :)

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Don't know why people are even bringing up Price.

Guy just had a season ending injury, I wouldn't be surprised if he never gets back to his old level.

Also wouldn't surprise me if this is a reoccurring injury, lower body injuries have the potential to be that...especially on goaltenders...especially ones that end a season.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
This summer can be absolutely epic for the Toronto Maple Leafs:

- Draft Auston Matthews
- Sign Steven Stamkos / Jimmy Vesey

Going into another rebuilding year with forward lines that look like this:

JVR - Stamkos - ???
Nylander - Matthews - Soshnikov
Komarov - Kadri - Marner
Brown - Laich / Bozak - Vesey

That's a forward group with absolutely outstanding potential. Eventually, I could see Stamkos moving over onto the wing to allow Nylander to slide back into his natural position on the second line and Matthews taking over the 1C spot.

Just beautiful. It's like a Picasso.

Get another top ten pick next year and build the D / goaltending.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
This summer can be absolutely epic for the Toronto Maple Leafs:

- Draft Auston Matthews
- Sign Steven Stamkos / Jimmy Vesey

Going into another rebuilding year with forward lines that look like this:

JVR - Stamkos - ???
Nylander - Matthews - Soshnikov
Komarov - Kadri - Marner
Brown - Laich / Bozak - Vesey

That's a forward group with absolutely outstanding potential. Eventually, I could see Stamkos moving over onto the wing to allow Nylander to slide back into his natural position on the second line and Matthews taking over the 1C spot.

Just beautiful. It's like a Picasso.

Get another top ten pick next year and build the D / goaltending.

Doubt Vesey goes to a team where he plays on the 4th line.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Marner has been a winger this year - he'll likely transition into the pros there too. Especially since the Leafs meow need to fill out their wing position than centre.
They need to fill their winger position so that would mean Laine is a reasonable choice. What happened to all the talk that he even replaced Matthews as #1 on a lot of scouts' lists?

This is the second thread where you've written "now" as "meow." What's the deal?
He was just feline the word? ;)

EDIT: What is the general consensus among Finns who are familiar with Laine? Would you pick him over Matthews?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Is Vesey going to the WC?

Let him play on a line with Matthews and see how he likes it.

:)

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
So actual facts are not as good as your imagined ones. ;)

To the “content†in your post. The people who like Rob Vollman, who provide NHLe only do so for the leagues that have sufficient number of players moving to the NHL.
NHLe of 55 actual points 56. I fail to see what you are trying to say is wrong here.

what about the actual facts I mentioned? Or are ones that make you look silly unimportant?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008

I don't understand your point , first you say hockey is a team game and then go on to make an argument about removing our best asset from the team.

Last time I checked although it is a team game , teams are made up of individuals , I don't see the point of bringing up that we have a very good goalie and wouldn't be as good without him.

The thing about the Habs is that you're doing what many Toronto fans accuse the rest of the league of doing. Judging them while they are down , bad years happen , Montreal has been (imo) the best Canadian team in the last 5+ years.

The Habs are an undisputed playoff team as long as they're healthy (same as every other strong playoff team).

I'm glad to see Toronto is heading in the right direction but let's put a break on the perennial contender talk (not saying you said this but I've seen it alluded on these forums).

Habs have nothing to be ashamed of as they have excellent pieces , the only uncertainty is the Habs managements ability to surround their excellent pieces with productive depth players and make the trades required to take the team to the next level (contender).

Many teams would love to have a core of :

Pacioretty
Galchenyuk
Gallagher
Subban
Price

The Habs also have a few interesting prospects + a 9th overall pick.

The truth of the matter is there are no tears , the Habs are in good position to do well moving forward , barring incompetent management/ freak injuries.

I guess my point is just because the Leafs are in better shape doesn't mean their rivals have nothing to be happy about.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
Yes that's right, non-Leafs fans who have witnessed frequent and quality playoff hockey in their home cities, in their lifetime, are really jealous of this last placed club.

Nah opposing teams fans are jealous of the Leafs top prospects. Matthews, Marner, and Nylander is an unbelievable offensive core to build around. The back end is looking nice too with Reilly, Gardiner, and Zaitsev. Keep the salt coming though, we leaf fans love to be hated :)

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Why are people saying Matthews is better than Eichel? What, come on. Matthews would go 3rd last year and everyone knows it. Just because he is going to be drafted by Toronto doesn't mean we forget that Toronto massively overhypes its players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad