Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
upload_2019-12-20_18-42-10.jpeg

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Better offence won.
Loved the effort Matthews showed tonight. Marner was magic again.

What I really like now is our bottom six. Mikheyev, Engvall, Timashov all look great and all of them are amazing depth pieces. Spezza and the Goat look pretty comfortable as well.
We gotta sign Mikheyev asap.

Pretty funny how Holl is basically our most reliable defencemen at the moment. Rielly is still bad and I have no idea what is going on with him. His decision making in the offensive zone is god awful, and slow.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Better offence won.
Loved the effort Matthews showed tonight. Marner was magic again.

What I really like now is our bottom six. Mikheyev, Engvall, Timashov all look great and all of them are amazing depth pieces. Spezza and the Goat look pretty comfortable as well.
We gotta sign Mikheyev asap.

Pretty funny how Holl is basically our most reliable defencemen at the moment. Rielly is still bad and I have no idea what is going on with him. His decision making in the offensive zone is god awful, and slow.
Honestly think that Mo should be with Holl

Reactions: NiftyMits

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Now the dreaded backup game tomorrow...

They have to break through, you can't lose momentum every time you have to play your backup, it's unsustainable.

Last shadow remaining. They are going to break through and not look back!

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
A perfect example of one team being clearly superior and potting some goals, knocking off, the other team coming back at them them, then turning it on when they needed to to run away with the game

We played very well, the odd defensive breakdown but that's going to happen when the boys are not quite engaged mentally

Now it's just a matter of keeping this feeling and momentum going and kicking some red wing ass in the game tomorrow
I wouldn't say it's mental. Every team has defensive breakdowns no matter how well you play.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
On a 113.5 point pace since hiring Keefe

Have beaten some solid teams since hiring him too (Colorado, Arizona, St.Louis)

We're a new team and it's a very dangerous one

looking forward to next season full season with keefe. I hope we make the playoffs this season but we may be just too far back but keep cheering it on until we mathematically can’t make it

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I wouldn't say it's mental. Every team has defensive breakdowns no matter how well you play.

Ours were pretty egregious, even more so than usual

We were getting leads and knocking off, they would get back into it then we would start playing again

Looked pretty mental to me

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Yes, we are a pretty awful team (according to our first period commenters).

3W-0L last three
5W-1Llast six
9W-4L under Keefe
10 away games during that period, 7W-3L
3 home games during that period, 2W-1L

We are not perfect, but my goodness, shouldn't it be easy to get onside with a vastly improved team under Keefe? And, dare I say, we haven't even seen this team hit top speed. There's room for further growth with this squad. Detroit tomorrow, go Leafs go!

Last edited:

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
looking forward to next season full season with keefe. I hope we make the playoffs this season but we may be just too far back but keep cheering it on until we mathematically can’t make it
We can make it imo, we've pulled ahead of Buffalo and are just two points behind Montreal (if they win their game in hand). It'll be a 3 team race with us, Florida, and the Bolts but I like our chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad