Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 5-4 OT

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Keefe fined for abuse of officials lol. What a crooked league

Worth it.

Messes up the interference call that cost us a goal in Game 7, and misses a far more egregious high sticking call than the terrible calls they made in Game 6 to give Tampa life.

And we still beat STL, not that it is really their fault that refs are inept.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Red Storey HHoF as a player and as a builder:

“Montreal used to win nearly every game at home. As you went in there you were two goals down before the puck was dropped and you automatically made sure that if the visiting team was going to get a penalty it had to be a dandy because if you put the man off [in this earlier era of the league, players served the full two minutes for any penalty no matter if a goal was scored or not], Canadiens were home with two or three goals and the ball game would be over in a couple of minutes….Our instructions were to be careful what penalties we gave to the visiting team. Make sure it was good one because otherwise we ruined a good game….you didn’t look at the visiting team like you looked at the Canadiens.”

Many years ago a guy that I met through my hometown connections. Who had played over 880 games in the NHL(most of those in the 6 team league) and mostly as a grinder PKer, but still a member of the 200 goal club, told me that all the players used to call a road game vs Montreal "home cooking" as in an example describing a road trip as "Sunday we play in Boston, Wednesday Toronto, some home cookin on Saturday, then Detroit Sunday and then back home to the ball and chain and clean clothes.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
What did Keefe even say that was so disrespectful? I'm fine with Keefe getting a fine even if it was undeserved. About time the officials were called out.

Reactions: saffronleaf

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Absurd. Wes is one soft and petty ref. He must have complained since he missed the blatant 4 minute high sticking penalty that was right infront of him.

This league is so dumb.
I believe he has some history with Wes, that goes back to and may or may not involve Frost and Danton and that's all I'm going to say, although I'm sure you can find it online!

sylejman

Oct 7, 2020
I hate referees in most sports, they get the most control over things and have the least to lose. The NHL and the premier League in England have the worst referees in each respective sport it's infuriating to see people with that kind of decision making be policing professional athletes.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

Keefe fined for abuse of officials lol. What a crooked league

Beyond pathetic but not surprising at all. I still remember Dubas' press conference from last year regarding the officiating and him laughing.

What did Keefe even say that was so disrespectful? I'm fine with Keefe getting a fine even if it was undeserved. About time the officials were called out.
Just from what the videos showed...a shit ton of expletives and asking for attention when they missed several blatant calls.

Reactions: saffronleaf

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
In the end, the winners are predetermined.

So you actually think the NHL WANTS Chicago or Philadelphia to be this bad,or Buffalo to miss the playoffs for soon to be 12 straight years?

Or, and this one is my favorite, you actually think that If the If the NHL was rigging the the sport they would have the New York Rangers win ONE Championship in 54 years?

THE RANGERS?

are you serious? If the NHL was rigging the sport the New York Rangers would be winning cups all the time, they would be a dyanasty.

They aren't because It's not happening

geo25

Sep 28, 2017
So you actually think the NHL WANTS Chicago or Philadelphia to be this bad,or Buffalo to miss the playoffs for soon to be 12 straight years?

Or, and this one is my favorite, you actually think that If the If the NHL was rigging the the sport they would have the New York Rangers win ONE Championship in 54 years?

THE RANGERS?

are you serious? If the NHL was rigging the sport the New York Rangers would be winning cups all the time, they would be a dyanasty.

They aren't because It's not happening
All professional sports where huge amonts of $ are involved are corrupt. Stop being naive....heck, even amateur sports (university football/basketball etc etc are corrupt). The only ones I can confidently state probably aren't are my grandkids leagues (under 14 years of age). As re the NYR who knows...look at the Leafs.....even worse! The year they could have won Gretzky didnt get called...c'mon wake up...

Reactions: therealkoho

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
All professional sports where huge amonts of $ are involved are corrupt. Stop being naive....heck, even amateur sports (university football/basketball etc etc are corrupt). The only ones I can confidently state probably aren't are my grandkids leagues (under 14 years of age). As re the NYR who knows...look at the Leafs.....even worse! The year they could have won Gretzky didnt get called...c'mon wake up...

Yes but at least the Rangers are American, not only that It's New York.

If they were truly going to teams WWE style and saying "OK ST Louis you are going down to Toronto in OT tonight."

If they were doing that there isn't a chance in hell the Rangers only have ONE championship in 54 years

There isn't a chance in hell Chicago would be this bad.

Same with Philadelphia.

They wouldn't allow it

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Every scandal that has happened is players and the gambling world fixing games.

The leagues have no reason to be corrupt as they are making money no matter what and would lose money if the general public would find out.

College is crooked but really only in their recruiting and The BCS seems to favour the SEC.

The NHL wins if the Leafs would win the cup. Insane revenue for all.

There would have to be so many people involved that someone would crack and leak out what was going on

Reactions: notDatsyuk

geo25

Sep 28, 2017
Yes but at least the Rangers are American, not only that It's New York.

If they were truly going to teams WWE style and saying "OK ST Louis you are going down to Toronto in OT tonight."

If they were doing that there isn't a chance in hell the Rangers only have ONE championship in 54 years

There isn't a chance in hell Chicago would be this bad.

Same with Philadelphia.

They wouldn't allow it

Every scandal that has happened is players and the gambling world fixing games.

The leagues have no reason to be corrupt as they are making money no matter what and would lose money if the general public would find out.

College is crooked but really only in their recruiting and The BCS seems to favour the SEC.

The NHL wins if the Leafs would win the cup. Insane revenue for all.

There would have to be so many people involved that someone would crack and leak out what was going on
Very few people are involved in any corruption scheme of significant size. They utilize the pyramidic, compartmentalized, need to know approach where a handfulof people at most ever really see the scope of the intent. I suggest it would be very easy to do & has been done in sports, military, academia, the business world....heck - even the gov't!!! Look at how they do it to us....

• Love
Reactions: Auston 316 and kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad