Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win 4-2! | How Kessel Got His Groove Back!

bobbyflex

Feb 26, 2010
Toronto, ON
Yup. Scouting for Team Canada

Loui Eriksson: 7GP 1G 2A 3P
Dougie Hamilton: 5GP 1G 0A 1P

Phil Kessel: 10G 5G 6A 11P

lol Boston

Seguin: 8GP, 4G, 6A, 10P
:sarcasm:

Chiarelli did us a favour by trading Seguin away. Last we'll hear about the Kessel-Seguin comparison

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
I was at the game, noticed Leivo didn't play the 3rd at all really (neither did Bodie or Smith for the most part either), was he benched or did something happen to him?

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Great win last night. Everyone played well but special mentions to Phaneuf, Gardiner, and Bernier. The boys have done a really good job getting wins while facing injuries and the Clarkson suspension. They've been holding the fort great and we're hanging with everyone at the top of the league - slight edge over Detroit for our division lead now. And we'll finally get our big free agent signing back in Columbus!

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I was at the game, noticed Leivo didn't play the 3rd at all really (neither did Bodie or Smith for the most part either), was he benched or did something happen to him?

Perhaps addition by subtraction, we seemed to have had better control of the game in the 3rd.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013

Carlyle only rolled 3 lines late in the game... guess he didn't really trust the new Marlies guys. Orr was playing with Bolland and Mcclement.

Ducks Ahoy

Effort = overrated
Jun 9, 2013
Orange County
Ducks fan coming in peace.

Just wanted to say congrats on the win and congrats to Kessel. His wrist shot on his 2nd goal made my jaw drop:eek:

Damn that shot is sick:laugh:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Agreed, there was a time in the late 90's right around there first champions league win where Manchester Utd had a team where any player on the field was capable of netting 10/15 goals a year (instead of having a out and out striker who might score 35/40) that team was VERY hard to defend against as goals could come from anywhere at any time

It's better to have a top 9 who can score 30/40 points a player per season than to have a 200 point top line then not much beyond that

Agreed.. it's taken me awhile but I've changed my mind about the #1C stuff... we have enough offensive balance to make up for it.

My only beef is our faceoff ability... faceoffs are all about practice and determination and there's no reason we can't be a mid-tier team in that department. After last night we have the 4th worst FO% in the NHL and I think that contributes to being 4th worst in Shots Against.

We would likely become even more dangerous offensively if we could win 50% of the faceoffs we take... and that should scare the rest of the league.

Good to read, I think this is the strength of our team. Balance. When you have 3 lines that can score and play D, which is why Bozak works on the 1st line, Kulemin on the 2nd line, and Bolland, Raymond, and perhaps Clarkson on the 3rd line.

The line up for opposing coaches is a lot more harder to defend against.

There is no need to be a one line super line team.

I am hoping this message gets through to the fanbase, especially the ones that think we need a #1C as opposed to a good quality top 4 D man.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The Leafs getting booed on their terrible 2nd-period PP, and then Dion rocking Perry shortly after were the turning points. The two aren't mutually exclusive events, either, the crowd got fed up and Captain Dion responded.

Phaneuf and Ranger blew me away on that PK, they were both so good.

The booing wasn't really noticeable in the building, at least where I was sitting.

The entire Team played very well with the exception of Raymond. He looked like he was playing scared. He had some really bad shifts especially the 2nd Duck goal. You could see he knew it, skated off by himself before eventually making his way to the bench. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sitting once the full roster is available, unless he turns it around.

Something I thought was interesting.
I sat beside a Season Ticket holder from Chicago who was in town on business. Said he was very impressed with how intense the crowd at the ACC is, much more than Chicago. Noted how they really follow the play and understand what's going on instead of just making noise for the sake of it.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Carlyle only rolled 3 lines late in the game... guess he didn't really trust the new Marlies guys. Orr was playing with Bolland and Mcclement.

Orr was excellent last night, by his standards.

Coop

Feb 13, 2009
Gunnarson has had a rough start to the season. Last night was a great game from him, but he's been very average thus far.

Today on TSN 1050 they said he's still nursing that hip flexor injury and still gets acupuncture done on it as therapy. They also said he may require surgery. I think it was Mirtle?

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Today on TSN 1050 they said he's still nursing that hip flexor injury and still gets acupuncture done on it as therapy. They also said he may require surgery. I think it was Mirtle?

He played with that all last season and didn't get it repaired in the off season?

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Phil's second goal was a thing of beauty, what a wrist shot man he absolutely sniped that thing bar down. I had to throw my hat in the air in the bar I was at after Phil scored his Hatty. Jvr is a beast too

Mimico

Good Ol' Mimico Boy
Aug 25, 2013
Tarana, Ontario

Surprised he didn't blame the injury on his low FenwickFor% :sarcasm:

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Who was the last Leaf to score a hat trick at home? I'm guessing Sundin.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

He better have something wrong, he's not very good.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Ducks fan coming in peace.

Just wanted to say congrats on the win and congrats to Kessel. His wrist shot on his 2nd goal made my jaw drop:eek:

Damn that shot is sick:laugh:

That was pretty much my reaction too lol. Just an unreal release picking the corner over Hiller's shoulder.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario

They said this last year as well. Why didn't they do the surgery in the off-season? The injury is clearly effecting his play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad