Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-1 (again) thanks to our new superstar... Tyler Ennis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If I were to rank how the D vying for the bottom pairing based on their first preseason games:

Oz
Dermott
Rosen
Borgmann
Holl
Carrick

Marincin

Oz was far above the rest, Dermott/Rosen were a toss up, Borgy was better than Holl, and Carrick just didn't do much out there at all. Marcincin shouldn't even be in this discussion.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
:thumbu: we win.

• Matthews just warming up but still the best player out there
  • Marleau fits well with him on the left
  • Ennis nice snipe (but really want Nylander back in there)
  • Bracco cupola nice plays and a sweet goal
  • Young swedes on D look like a tandem already. 1 and 2 years away
  • Lindholm was decent, good first game
  • Zaitsev pretty solid
  • Marincin being himself, played well for 98% of his ice time, 2% caused a goal.
  • Rosen was good
  • Kapanen and Johnsson mostly on the perimeter could do better
  • Andersen looked ready.
  • Bunch of Marlies being Marlies

Not sure how Ennis would look on a 4th line, but he'll do until Nylander comes back. Any chance Leivo gets a chance with Matthews? Lol.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
On D:

- Impressed with Sandin and I thought Lily looked good too .. Hope they continue to play together!
- Rosen with some great moments, but a couple of bad ones too. A Gardiner-esque game if you will.
- Carrick was meh; Marincin was also underwhelming; thought Zaits had a quiet effective game.

Up front:

- Ennis, in all seriousness, with a B+ game. The + is for that snipe of a goal, otherwise made some solid plays once he got into the game (including helping set up the first goal)
- Lindholm looks like an NHLer and a solid 4th liner - skates well, sound defensively, and has some skill
- AJ got better as the game went on but a fairly unremarkable game for him
- Kappy with a marginally worse game than AJ
- Bracco was very solid overall; showed his skill and made some plays out there
- The Goat looked like the Goat but skated better (nothing flashy, was just there and sound defensively)
- Jooris was invisible
- I thought Brooks was very good in this game actually
- Engvall had some good moments showing his speed and size

In net:

- Andy was good tonight, very sharp
- Pickard was fine but wasn't really tested
Carrick always looks meh to me. Doesn't do enough to suggest he has some upside but also doesn't seem Polak level bad. He should get his spot taken if he doesn't up his play soon.

Reactions: hotpaws

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
2ibkbf.jpg

:sarcasm:
2ibkbf

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
and hey, remember, there's no reason why Sandin and Liljegren must be kept in the AHL this year.

they are allowed to play in the NHL.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
It'll be fun to watch Sandin's development .. Once that kid packs on some more muscle and strength I think he'll be a good one. Nice puck skills down low in his own zone, good exit passes, nice puck movement in the offensive zone, and solid mobility.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
a top 4 consisting of Sandin/Liljegren/Rielly/Dermott going forward, bolstered by other guys like Durzi/Gordeev/Rasanen/Hollowell is perfectly fine by me

Blair

Oct 15, 2006
Edmonton, AB
I remember drafting Tennis (T.Ennis) in my fantasy pool 8 years ago. I took first that season so I'll always like him.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Borgman Rosen and OZ look like they are nhl calibre D men. Hainsey looked bad last night... hope he gets better because he will get passed over...

Reactions: ToMaLe

member 300185

Ennis with the Stan Smyl hattrick. 2 goals and a 3rd assist if that was a thing.

I hope Nylander was watching.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
lindholm, leivo, and ennis will make the team...leivo will battle ennis for opening night for the next 2 weeks

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Looks like Lindholm will have the inside track for the 4th line C

Most interesting story line will be the battle on D.

Only locks for top 6 right now is Rielly Gardiner and Zaitsev IMO.
Hainsey is a lock to make the team, but could be a #7 or #8.

Rosen, Borgman, Ozhiganov all making good cases to make the team... but Marincin, Holl and Carrick still in it as well.

Liljegren and Sandin will be promising peices for the future.

You forgot Dermott already?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
If I were to rank how the D vying for the bottom pairing based on their first preseason games:

Oz
Dermott
Rosen
Borgmann
Holl
Carrick

Marincin

Oz was far above the rest, Dermott/Rosen were a toss up, Borgy was better than Holl, and Carrick just didn't do much out there at all. Marcincin shouldn't even be in this discussion.
I didn't think Oz was better than Borgman. All Carrick has going for him is which way he shoots imho.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Borgman Rosen and OZ look like they are nhl calibre D men. Hainsey looked bad last night... hope he gets better because he will get passed over...
Agreed but I’m really looking forward to seeing Ozi play with a normal camera angle like tonight’s game. You get a much better feel of their mobility and play making decisions with the puck and position play

Reactions: rubous

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Agreed but I’m really looking forward to seeing Ozi play with a normal camera angle like tonight’s game. You get a much better feel of their mobility and play making decisions with the puck and position play
oh I agree that was freaking horrible last night lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad