Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 4-1 (again) thanks to our new superstar... Tyler Ennis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
The guys playing for spots played significantly better than the guys who expect spots. I'm both impressed and disappointed in the results tonight.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
1st Star: Matthews (even though it wasn't his most dominant game, he is still the best player on the ice easily)
2nd Star: Lindholm (looks like a solid 2-way 4C)
3rd Star: Liljegren and Sandin (they were our best D tonight and looked very poised and confident)
HM: Andersen and Engvall
*Also Zaitsev looked good.

Reactions: francis246

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Looks like Lindholm will have the inside track for the 4th line C

Most interesting story line will be the battle on D.

Only locks for top 6 right now is Rielly Gardiner and Zaitsev IMO.
Hainsey is a lock to make the team, but could be a #7 or #8.

Rosen, Borgman, Ozhiganov all making good cases to make the team... but Marincin, Holl and Carrick still in it as well.

Liljegren and Sandin will be promising peices for the future.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
On D:

- Impressed with Sandin and I thought Lily looked good too .. Hope they continue to play together!
- Rosen with some great moments, but a couple of bad ones too. A Gardiner-esque game if you will.
- Carrick was meh; Marincin was also underwhelming; thought Zaits had a quiet effective game.

Up front:

- Ennis, in all seriousness, with a B+ game. The + is for that snipe of a goal, otherwise made some solid plays once he got into the game (including helping set up the first goal)
- Lindholm looks like an NHLer and a solid 4th liner - skates well, sound defensively, and has some skill
- AJ got better as the game went on but a fairly unremarkable game for him
- Kappy with a marginally worse game than AJ
- Bracco was very solid overall; showed his skill and made some plays out there
- The Goat looked like the Goat but skated better (nothing flashy, was just there and sound defensively)
- Jooris was invisible
- I thought Brooks was very good in this game actually
- Engvall had some good moments showing his speed and size

In net:

- Andy was good tonight, very sharp
- Pickard was fine but wasn't really tested

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Decent game. Sloppy first, controlling second and put away 3rd. Not much more than can be expected at this point. Of all the players, Rosen impressed the most. It should be interesting to watch Babcock determine the D pairings as I see the competition being fairly tight this year.

Reactions: ToMaLe

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Lily Sandin and Rosen all looked good. Carrick very underwhelming. Maricin got beat on position on the Ottawa goal, like the last time.

Ennis seemed a bit lost out there. Had a good snipe on his first goal, gifted on the second. I felt bad for Leivo watching that actually.

Johnson was invisible tonight. Kapanen didn't do much either.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Lindholm impressed after little expectations. Johnsson and Kapanen didn't do much though. Very quiet game for them.

Bracco had the puck on his stick a lot, which is great. I didn't expect him to have this good of a game.

People will think Ennis played well but he was really lost for most of the games, but he did have good moments. He will give us good scoring depth.

Jooris didn't do much to stand out.

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
Looks like Lindholm will have the inside track for the 4th line C

Most interesting story line will be the battle on D.

Only locks for top 6 right now is Rielly Gardiner and Zaitsev IMO.
Hainsey is a lock to make the team, but could be a #7 or #8.

Rosen, Borgman, Ozhiganov all making good cases to make the team... but Marincin, Holl and Carrick still in it as well.

Liljegren and Sandin will be promising peices for the future.

dermott.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Marleau and Matthews look good together. Ennis was bad except for the snipe and then makes his numbers look good with an empty netter but really for the money he’s making they can just put him on the marlies rather than lose Leivo on waivers.

My favourite player this game from the guys fighting for jobs was Rosen. Sandin and Liljegren need to be joined at the hip on the Marlies asap because they definitely looked dynamite on more than a few shifts. That could be our future top pairing if all goes right.

Reactions: PuckMagi

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Of the guys fighting for a spot:

Stock Down: Marincin, Carrick, Johnsson, Kapanen, Ennis, Jooris

Stock Up: Sandin, Liljegren, Rosen, Lindholm, Brooks, Engvall

Reactions: ToMaLe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events