Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win 4-0! | Sammy Shutout!

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Samsonov didn't have to make any amazing balls saves. And at times he took a longer time then he should to recover from a save to get back into position. BUT this hopefully will help his confidence and get him back to his form from last year.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Old time rock solid D man, now lets find four more in that age bracket…….
Was wondering who they'd call up for injuries.
Liljegren 24 years old.
While I don't think Bear is the answer, he's 26 entering finished product category. Does he have top 4 in him?

1702218848368.png

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Liljegren 24 years old.
While I don't think Bear is the answer, he's 26 entering finished product category. Does he have top 4 in him?

View attachment 780919
I think Bear is closer to a McCabe calibre dman. Can move into the top 4 here and there but ideally he's on your bottom pairing. He'd be a good add right now while still looking to make the big splash for a top 3 at the deadline, Hanifin with an extension is who I'm hoping for. Kinda like the Lindholm addition for the Bruins.

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
Screw ROR, happy to see him lose.

One thing I always notice with the team, they tend to feel like the dont have to the better teamafter they play a good game, and they can coast into a win.

Not impressed with the west this Year except Vegas either.

Reactions: Sypher04

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Just a little more context on Benoit's recent play.

Last 6 games he's played 80:46 of 5v5 ice time.

In those minutes he has a ratio of 49 scoring chances for vs 33 scoring chances against.

He also has the lowest offensive zone start % during those minutes amongst our D.

Our pro scouts deserve some credit for this pickup and he looks like a good #6/#7 defencemen moving forward and they are valuable on a cup contending team.
It also illustrates how useless them fancy stats bars and graphs that fans always post as an argument from JFresh are.

Reactions: weems

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Liljegren 24 years old.

View attachment 780919
Lagesson, Benoit, are keepers, Morgan isn’t going anywhere, the rest I’d be happy to see replaced although I wouldn’t be heartbroken if Lilli stayed……..

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Great confidence builder for Sammy!
Diju see his presser, he seemed to be back to the old Sammy, the one we all know and love, making little quips and generally lighthearted vibe. That's the Sammy the team needs to find some success.

The Leafs will be a handful any night anywhere with two high functioning goaltenders once Joe gets back to his game readiness.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I have watched this team for 20+ years, I can't think of a single big save Samsonov had to make, that was as close to a perfect game, as you ever see, and honestly is probably among the top 10 defensive efforts in the last 20+ years.
There were 2 maybe 3 in the first 10 mins, and then holding tight in the last 3 minute barrage. There wasn't a whole lot to do in between though.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Just a little more context on Benoit's recent play.

Last 6 games he's played 80:46 of 5v5 ice time.

In those minutes he has a ratio of 49 scoring chances for vs 33 scoring chances against.

He also has the lowest offensive zone start % during those minutes amongst our D.

Our pro scouts deserve some credit for this pickup and he looks like a good #6/#7 defencemen moving forward and they are valuable on a cup contending team.

He’s exactly what we year after year have spent assets at or near the deadline looking to add.

Last edited:
Reactions: weems

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Another nice game from Benoit
4 hits +-0 16 plus minutes
I like what he brings
Keeps it simple
I think Timmins can be that offensive dman we are looking for. Makes a nice first pass right on the tape.
Can't wait for Liljegren to get back, and we can see what the blueline is really going to be

Reilly Liljegren
McCabe Brodie
Timmins Benoit
Giordano

Reactions: LeafSteel

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Seeing this drives me insane. This years version of TJ Brodie is the worst defenseman this team has had since Jeff Finger. Every single pass, clearing attempt, shot, just horrendous.

TJ has been on the serious decline since early last season IMHO.

Seeing that chart made me almost think it was laid out to specifically play into a narrative that has developed around JT in seemingly every GDT for the last forever.

John is among the leaders in "board battles won" in the entire league(yes its a real stat), he's among the league leaders in face off % sitting at 62%+, he's 4th in team scoring and is tracking for about 80 points AGAIN!

He does everything expected and required of a team captain. He works with the younger Leafs on the games finer points and with the centre's on FO techniques, it's not an accident that Kampf and Matthews are in the top 10 percentile in FO win%.

Sure it would be nice if he made 1.5m less AAV, but that goes for all of them included in the so called corps four. It would also be nice if John was a little more of an effervescent guy and entertaining in interviews. They all can't be Dougie or Wendel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad