Post-Game Talk: Leafs Win 4-0! | Sammy Shutout!

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I like it when the Leafs win.

I like it more when they play like this.

Some negatives we could nibble at, but they clearly had no impact on the result, so what would be the point?

Liked the effort from the defence... I would even say Brodie struggled the most with the puck.

BOL'SHOY effort from Sammy (with some help from his friends).

Busy stretch coming up now to the Xmas break with 7 games in 13 nights, with one back-to-back. Would be nice to keep this run going into the break!
There’s no way Brodie was worse than Timmins with the puck. Timmins belongs in the AHL

Reactions: bax

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Anyone else think Samsonov didn't look that great?

Some of the posts had so much open net to shoot at - we were lucky the team couldn't hit it.

The defence looked great - Samsonov looks suspect but I don't think he had to make one tough save all game. Hopefully this boosts his confidence a bit as we'll need him to play better.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Anyone else think Samsonov didn't look that great?

Some of the posts had so much open net to shoot at - we were lucky the team couldn't hit it.

The defence looked great - Samsonov looks suspect but I don't think he had to make one tough save all game. Hopefully this boosts his confidence a bit as we'll need him to play better.

They were playing closer to how we handled that stretch with Rielly Brodie Samsonov and Murray injured at the same time and managed to go on a 10 game run with under 2 GAA or something close to that. Neutral zone is clogged up and we’re looking for breakaway passes over sustained high pressure cycling. Never understood why Keefe doesn’t run that game more often in the playoffs to shake up teams adjusting to us.

Reactions: TMLife17

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
There’s no way Brodie was worse than Timmins with the puck. Timmins belongs in the AHL
Brilliant. Lets send the 25 year old first round pick to the AHL when he's finally healthy enough to string some NHL games together with 3 of our usual starters out of the lineup.
He had the third best game score tonight, by the way. Wanna guess where Brodie ranked?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
How can Leafs not beat the lowly Preds(8-2, last 10 games) by 10-0. Like come on, only allowing 19shots, it supposed to be 0 shots allowed esp since they are playing against ROR.

Jokes aside, great win and I like the way they shut down Preds offense and made it very low event hockey.

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
And people still will whine all, year about McCabe. Brodie has been one of the worst D in the league this year lol.
He's 33 now, not that surprising that he's lost a step. Even with all the advancements in nutrition and science the majority if players have declined significantly by the time they're 33.

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
Credit to the team for the effort and really limiting the Preds chances. Full team commitment.

I think that is the worst I have seen a goalie play and get a shutout. Sammy was flopping all over the place constantly out of position and over committing and could never find site of the puck. He had three posts none of which he saw the shots.

Hopefully the result gives him some confidence and he can start to get his game back in form.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Toronto pounds, plasters, and pulverizes pathetic Predators patsies.

I'm not sure if Toronto made Nashville look bad. Or if Nashville made Toronto look good. Either way it was a pretty dominant performance by the Leafs.

It would be nice if they won like this more often though.

Brunette would have made a fine replacement for Keefe. Nashville was supposed to be a bottom feeder this year. This is a team that is overachieving.

Unlike the Leafs.

Samsonov had a good game. I think that might be his second one this year. His last one was so long ago I can't remember.

It's gonna take a lot more to convince me this guy is for real.

Go Leafs Go.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Congrats on the shutout Sammy. You showed up when we needed you. We are 14th in goals for and 12th in goals allowed, slightly better on D than offense. Who’d a thunk it. Lmao!

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Pretty much the same every game we play well.
In fairness, the absence of “trolls” posting negative shit might be because If they play well, what’s there to complain about………

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Just a little more context on Benoit's recent play.

Last 6 games he's played 80:46 of 5v5 ice time.

In those minutes he has a ratio of 49 scoring chances for vs 33 scoring chances against.

He also has the lowest offensive zone start % during those minutes amongst our D.

Our pro scouts deserve some credit for this pickup and he looks like a good #6/#7 defencemen moving forward and they are valuable on a cup contending team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00