Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 3-2 in a shootout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
That's the end of the road for the tank.

39102-728x502.jpg

Meh, We've pretty much got the 4th or 5th pick wrapped up.

Leafski

Jun 29, 2011
We need 4th. Finishing 5th then getting bumped by a lottery winner would be awful. Most believe there is a drop off after 5.

Well, isn't the first tie breaker ROW?

if so, at the moment we have:

67 points in 80 gp, with 37 ROW

Carolina has:

69 points in 78 gp, with 40 ROW

if Carolina gets 1 more pt this season, we stay 4th (barring lottery). If we lose 1 of our last 2, we stay 4th. All we have to do is tie carolina in pts.

Sure leafs are amazing at screwing a sure thing... so... we'll just have to wait and see.

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
This team makes we want to vomit.

Currently doing everything in their power to help Boston while attempting to screw up the pick.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
Why do the leafs play like its the damn playoffs every time they play us. Remember the good old days when we beat u in the regular season and u killed us in the playoffs. What happened!!
Hate sens fans who hate on the leafs, respect!! I just want us to win so we can be to the habs like u guys were to us, we kill them. Stupid habs fans, silly regular season winners

Bluejaysfan*

The Senators are like the one Canadian team that everyone forgets or doesn't care about.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
The tears in the Sens gdt is hilarious!

If a team loses two games in a row to the Leafs they don't deserve playoffs. This almost makes the two points worth it..but not quite!

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
Strome is a lot slower than Barzal.

Fixed that for you.

I can't recall the exact post/thread, but someone broke down the ppg of strome and barzal minus McJesus. Their numbers were pretty similar. Strome was somewhere around 1.50ppg, and Barzal was 1.30ppg if I remember correctly.

When you also factor in the fact that Erie has a much more stacked team than Seattle, you realize those players are basically the same caliber. Strome is slated to be the safer bet, but Barzal has the greater potential.

IMO, if Strome is taken before the leafs can draft him, then it's a no-brainer to pick up Barzal. We might luck out, and end up with another Rielly-esque gift in the draft.

tokyoite

I changed my name from "nipponjin" last summer.
Feb 22, 2015
Tokyo metropolitan area JPN
Fixed that for you.

I can't recall the exact post/thread, but someone broke down the ppg of strome and barzal minus McJesus. Their numbers were pretty similar. Strome was somewhere around 1.50ppg, and Barzal was 1.30ppg if I remember correctly.

When you also factor in the fact that Erie has a much more stacked team than Seattle, you realize those players are basically the same caliber. Strome is slated to be the safer bet, but Barzal has the greater potential.

IMO, if Strome is taken before the leafs can draft him, then it's a no-brainer to pick up Barzal. We might luck out, and end up with another Rielly-esque gift in the draft.

How about this

Marner is a lot better than Barzal.

tokyoite

I changed my name from "nipponjin" last summer.
Feb 22, 2015
Tokyo metropolitan area JPN
Fixed that for you.

I'm a pro McDavid, so it doesn't matter to me.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
How about this

Marner is a lot better than Barzal.

Leafs don't need help on the wing. They need help down the middle. Given their needs, Barzal is the better pick over Marner. But if the leafs manage to screw up their draft position by winning the rest of their games (which they might very well do), Barzal is their best option. Considering in that scenario that both Strome and Marner would already be taken.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Leafs don't need help on the wing. They need help down the middle. Given their needs, Barzal is the better pick over Marner. But if the leafs manage to screw up their draft position by winning the rest of their games (which they might very well do), Barzal is their best option. Considering in that scenario that both Strome and Marner would already be taken.

You would think Marner producing at center in the playoffs would finally dismiss the silly motion that he isn't a center but I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad