Post-Game Talk: Leafs win 3-2 in a shootout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafhky88

Mar 16, 2009
Toronto
You would think Marner producing at center in the playoffs would finally dismiss the silly motion that he isn't a center but I guess not.

To be fair, he played his first roughly 120 games as a winger before playing as a center in the past month. His position at the higher levels in my opinion is still very uncertain (if posters feel that with this selection the Leafs should be picking based on need/position).

I think I will try to get out to a game this series to watch the Knights take on McDavid/Strome and the Otters.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
That was a game that showed that the gap between the good to decent teams (Ottawa) and the bad teams (Leafs) isn't that great. The temptation for the Leafs is to look at games like this one and think the current roster is recoverable with minor tweaks. Fortunately the team's management has been following very closely and seem to recognize the patterns over multiple seasons.

mikebel111*

We are now 3-1-1 since Kadri returned to the lineup. Not surprised as he brings a winning attitude to the team

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Leafs did a good job. Sens are worried that their team would go on a playoff drought, not be deemed a sports city then lose their team to relocation.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Strome is a lot better than Barzal.

I am not going to sit here and argue semantics about the draft as it is a PGT thread but just go look at Barzal's stats/footage of the guy. He is nothing to thumb your nose at. He has the potential to be a game breaker. I would not take him ahead of Strome but I would not be upset if we were at 6 and took him as I don't see him as that big of a downgrade.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
To be fair, he played his first roughly 120 games as a winger before playing as a center in the past month. His position at the higher levels in my opinion is still very uncertain (if posters feel that with this selection the Leafs should be picking based on need/position).

I think I will try to get out to a game this series to watch the Knights take on McDavid/Strome and the Otters.

Yeah. The doubt wasn't as much whether Marner could be a good center at the CHL level, it was whether or not he can translate that to the NHL. And you don't know that by the amount of points he puts up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad