Friedman: Leafs willing to move 1st round pick.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
1-knies, cowan, minten, niemela, 2024 1st round pick, if they want to add hanifin they can

2- the only time leafs was looking like contender last 4 year was when Muzzin was healthy and was playing. The only serie he played completly was the best series leafs played last 20 years. Leafs absolutly need a kind of hanifin, they can keep every young playet but even if they keep all their pick and prospect for next 10 year, if they dont get a #2 dman, they will NEVER win anything.

If leafs want to have succes they need to upgrade their D
well enjoy because we make a move like this and our future is beyond f***ed.

yeah last years roster was better than any roster we had with Muzzin so Ill just disagree with you
they could add Hanifin and nothing will change at all.

wont make a difference

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
well enjoy because we make a move like this and our future is beyond f***ed.

yeah last years roster was better than any roster we had with Muzzin so Ill just disagree with you
they could add Hanifin and nothing will change at all.

wont make a difference

last post season leafs gad bean completly outplayed by tampa but vasilevskiy had just been awful so unstead of winning in 5 game they lost it in 6.. its was completly the reverse of 1st serie between both team were leafs outplayed tampa

the fact they won doesn't mean they was better, they was just more lucky thats it.

ps get more kind of liljegren; sandin, dermott, korshkov... do you really its really whats who will make a difference? its good to have good young but between a prospect whonwill MAYBE give something one day or a true #2 you know he will play like #2 dman...

Last edited:

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
last post season leafs gad bean completly outplayed by tampa but vasilevskiy had just been awful so unstead of winning in 5 game they lost it in 6.. its was completly the reverse of 1st serie between both team were leafs outplayed tampa

the fact they won doesn't mean they was better, they was just more lucky thats it.
no I mean last years roster checked every box of need. we never had a more complete roster than last year, and it cost alot of the future, including our 2025 1st I think is atleast top 10 protected. I honestly dont understand why we should spend anymore assets on this current lineup. they are not good. they need more than just 1 Dman.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
no I mean last years roster checked every box of need. we never had a more complete roster than last year, and it cost alot of the future, including our 2025 1st I think is atleast top 10 protected. I honestly dont understand why we should spend anymore assets on this current lineup. they are not good. they need more than just 1 Dman.
checked every box id need??? undstead need #1 yeah, a real #2 able to play a 200 feet game... last year when rielly was not on the ice, all D pair struggling really hard under pressure and was strugling to move the puck out of leafs zone

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
checked every box id need??? undstead need #1 yeah, a real #2 able to play a 200 feet game... last year when rielly was not on the ice, all D pair struggling really hard under pressure and was strugling to move the puck out of leafs zone
well because they f***ing suck. and should have split the core when we blew a 3-1 lead to MTL.

doesnt matter how they played, Dubas checked every box for what we needed. last year was by far the strongest team we have had throughout Dubas time here. and they blew it again.

actually should have lost to TB but should have beat FLA. I guess things just corrected its self. either way. putting more assets in this team is a mistake that we will pay for years.

it's time to accept we arent good enough and shouldnt be selling more. just go in and see how you do. why blow MORE of the future?

and is another rental bandaid fix really the answer here?

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
well because they f***ing suck. and should have split the core when we blew a 3-1 lead to MTL.

doesnt matter how they played, Dubas checked every box for what we needed. last year was by far the strongest team we have had throughout Dubas time here. and they blew it again.

actually should have lost to TB but should have beat FLA. I guess things just corrected its self. either way. putting more assets in this team is a mistake that we will pay for years.

it's time to accept we arent good enough and shouldnt be selling more. just go in and see how you do. why blow MORE of the future?

and is another rental bandaid fix really the answer here?

1-a real #2 IS NOT an bandaid like you said, its a key piece

2- until matthews will be with leafs, Leafs will be contender are do what real contender doing, try to fix their hole.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
1-a real #2 IS NOT an bandaid like you said, its a key piece

2- until matthews will be with leafs, Leafs will be contender are do what real contender doing, try to fix their hole.
well they arent real contenders this year and have more than one hole. I mean sure Im down to acquire a real number 2. BUT not a rental. one we likely cant extend due to basically everything going to Matthews and Nylander extensions. still gotta ice a roster too

Id rather not spend this year and then save up and go for again after Marner and Tavares are extended or something is done with those.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
well they arent real contenders this year and have more than one hole. I mean sure Im down to acquire a real number 2. BUT not a rental. one we likely cant extend due to basically everything going to Matthews and Nylander extensions. still gotta ice a roster too

Id rather not spend this year and then save up and go for again after Marner and Tavares are extended or something is done with those.
fix # 2 d and you can fix a lot of hole and you can sign and trade like boston did with Lindholm.

rental just forcing team to trade their good D because they dont want to resign

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
This is what is wrong with the TML team. We are an inconsistent mess with 4 high end forward taking 50% of the cap and our management group is willing to throw away assets to prop up a team that none of us believe can win the whole thing.

If a hockey trade comes along you look at improving the team long term. If it’s a short term rental don’t waste your time.

This summer has

Pesce
Hanifin

And a number of other decent UFA’s. Sign the kid from Russia who is looking to come to NA and bring the reserve player also playing in Russia Nikita G. If we go on the skids with Rielly out I honestly think Tre should look to be a seller. Make decisions on personnel, trade everyone not part of this team moving forward.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
fix # 2 d and you can fix a lot of hole and you can sign and trade like boston did with Lindholm.

rental just forcing team to trade their good D because they dont want to resign
I dont think a rental is the answer. and how do you plan to extend someone like Hanifin with the cap we have remaining next season and ice a full roster?

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
The fanbase is rightly skittish about the way management has used our 1sts. I don’t think any fan is absolutely against trading a 1st, it’s the idea that such a valuable (potentially) permanent asset is squandered for rentals…on a team that isn’t one 1st (and the asset it can yield) away from contention.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
brodie and bertuzzi and give 10.5M available...

taveres will drop of salary in
2 year
little over 6m of that 10.5 is going to Nylander and Matthews raises
also need 4 or 5 forwards to sign as well as re-sign Liljegren and replace atleast 4dman
as well a goalie unless the plan is to move forward with Woll and Hildeby

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
little over 6m of that 10.5 is going to Nylander and Matthews raises
also need 4 or 5 forwards to sign as well as re-sign Liljegren and replace atleast 4dman
as well a goalie unless the plan is to move forward with Woll and Hildeby

salary cap expected to raise of 4.2M

Liljegren will not have a huge raise if he get one.. over 2M for a 3rd paor dman will be a big NO

and yes itbwill be harder for 1 season but leafs have no choice to find a way to bring in #2 dman whatever what and help this D group whos struggling pretty hard

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
salary cap expected to raise of 4.2M

Liljegren will not have a huge raise if he get one.. over 2M for a 3rd paor dman will be a big NO

and yes itbwill be harder for 1 season but leafs have no choice to find a way to bring in #2 dman whatever what and help this D group whos struggling pretty hard
I dont know how we realistically pay a #2 and ice a full roster next season, and that reason alone makes me not wanna waste more assets on the remaining games and likely just the 1st round IF we even make the playoffs. this team does NOT deserve to be buyers.

The fanbase is rightly skittish about the way management has used our 1sts. I don’t think any fan is absolutely against trading a 1st, it’s the idea that such a valuable (potentially) permanent asset is squandered for rentals…on a team that isn’t one 1st (and the asset it can yield) away from contention.
imo we spent enough. time to replenish some assets and try again in a year or 2. too many holes and not enough assets to realistically fix it.

the more we spend on this losing team, the worse off we will be. but if they find long term options Im all for upgrading. but enough is enough on rentals

Reactions: ITM

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I dont know how we realistically pay a #2 and ice a full roster next season, and that reason alone makes me not wanna waste more assets on the remaining games and likely just the 1st round IF we even make the playoffs. this team does NOT deserve to be buyers.

imo we spent enough. time to replenish some assets and try again in a year or 2. too many holes and not enough assets to realistically fix it.

the more we spend on this losing team, the worse off we will be. but if they find long term options Im all for upgrading. but enough is enough on rentals
you cant know

year ago florida was favorite to win the cup and we know the result

last season was probably favorite team to lost in 1st round and we saw the result.

we just dont have any kind of idea what could happen...

Sometime you need to gamble to get what you want. if exemple treliving is about to talk about extension before an hanifin trade, its great... but if hes only know hanifin is open to resign in Toronto, probably pf taking the risk as rental with possibility to resign him long term could still a great idea.

and nobody know Hanifin more than Treliving around NHL.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad