Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Wings

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Wrong. This isn't college football. Ideally preferred but NJ and Detroit are NHL teams.

Every team loses multiple times to teams they should beat on paper.

It's Detroit and NJ so yes I see that as 6 points you have to have.

Especially considering Detroit is playing tonight anf NJ is without Dougie Hamilton and at last check were without both Blackwood and Bernier.

Yeah You're damn right I want these 6 points

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
It's Detroit and NJ so yes I see that as 6 points you have to have.

Especially considering Detroit is playing tonight anf NJ is without Dougie Hamilton and at last check were without both Blackwood and Bernier.

Yeah You're damn right I want these 6 points

Wanting is one thing. Sports doesn't work that way. Considering NJ has already crushed Car, Fla, TB this year these are by no means automatic points.

NJ is young and they have some legit talent. They are wildly inconsistent. Thwy have the ability to win any game though

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Det is on the back half of back 2 back and it's also their 3 game in 4 nights , we're rested so no excuses if we don't blow them out .

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Det is on the back half of back 2 back and it's also their 3 game in 4 nights , we're rested so no excuses if we don't blow them out .
There are never excuses. As a poster mentioned earlier, any team can win in the NHL. Still, we are the better team so it is more likely that we will win, but there are never gaurentees.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
That kind of logic doesn't always work with these or any other Leafs.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
It’s good to get Mrazek some games because Jack has been in some type of state and you need a guy to step in.

Lily has been having a bad time since the Western trip, this is when you shelter and ease him in.

Dermott has been making uncharacteristic rookie mistakes lately, but Holl has been better, or at least less worse.

Praise for Rielly, Brodie and Sandin, another 28 minute night for Mo, which he’ll handle.

Gotta win this one, and anything less than three points against Jersey is unacceptable.

Last edited:

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Good to see Mrazek back in net fairly soon. He had a good game against the Islanders.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I’d love to expect 6 of 6 from this little stretch

but realistically I’m expecting 4 of 6, one of the games I’m expecting us to either get goalied or not show up to play.

Reactions: leafsfan5

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Wings coming in to this one on a back-to-back situation. SO win vs Boston on Friday. Should be an opportunity to put pressure on these guys and wear them down, and if things don't look great early just need to stick with it.

Looking for Mrazek to have a similar effort to his last game and establish some confidence as we head into a busy month.

Also looking forward to seeing how the lines gel on both sides of the puck.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I was trying to search but amazingly didn't find any posts that say our current lines....? Is Kase still on the tezop line? Meaning our dirty first line? No?

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
It’s good to get Mrazek some games because Jack has been in some type of state and you need a guy to step in.

Lily has been having a bad time since the Western trip, this is when you shelter and ease him in.

Dermott has been making uncharacteristic rookie mistakes lately, but Holl has been better, or at least less worse.

Praise for Rielly, Brodie and Sandin, another 28 minute night for Mo, which he’ll handle.

Gotta win this one, and anything less than three points against Jersey is unacceptable.

Rielly and Brodie have been the standouts. Everyone else has had their fair share of sloppy moments. I think sandin and Liljegren have both looked similarly good and at times clearly inexperienced

Reactions: Griffin76

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Standings and positioning means nothing really, all you need to do is make the dance and go from there, yes obviously being in 1st is better then coming in 8th but at the end of the day, there are no easy series in the playoffs, you're going to have to face a good team every round.

In saying that, Leafs win 4-2 against the Wings.

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
Standings and positioning means nothing really, all you need to do is make the dance and go from there, yes obviously being in 1st is better then coming in 8th but at the end of the day, there are no easy series in the playoffs, you're going to have to face a good team every round.

In saying that, Leafs win 4-2 against the Wings.
50 shots on goal you heard it here 1st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad