Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Wings

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I'd go

Mrazek Saturday
Campbell Monday
Mrazek Tuesday

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they've had planned for a bit now.

The more interesting question will be seeing which goalie gets the start post all-star vs fellow elite team Carolina. Do we go with Jack or do we let Mraz face his old team?

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I wonder if we'll face Ned. Hawks lit him up in the last game but I've seen him have some very strong games for the Wings and we seem to bring out the best in opponents goalies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I wonder if we'll face Ned. Hawks lit him up in the last game but I've seen him have some very strong games for the Wings and we seem to bring out the best in opponents goalies.

Hopefully they use him against PIT tonight.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
When Mike Babcock was coach of the Red Wings they made the playoffs 12 consecutive years and won a Stanley Cup and since his departure the Wings have made the playoffs only once and missed them 5 consecutive years and likely heading for 6 straight this year.

This has been a long process for Detroit to return to the playoffs and their Cup contending years, and Leafs shouldn't have too much trouble securing a victory in this one.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Mrazek gets the net according to Nylander.

@lukefox

Petr Mrazek starts Saturday.
Jack Campbell starts Monday.
Petr Mrazek starts Tuesday.

Last edited:

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
When Mike Babcock was coach of the Red Wings they made the playoffs 12 consecutive years and won a Stanley Cup and since his departure the Wings have made the playoffs only once and missed them 5 consecutive years and likely heading for 6 straight this year.

This has been a long process for Detroit to return to the playoffs and their Cup contending years, and Leafs shouldn't have too much trouble securing a victory in this one.

we lost to Arizona. I never assume a win with this team lol

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Last 10gms

FLA 8-2-0
TBL 8-2-0
TOR 7-2-1
BOS 7-2-1
CAR 7-2-1

Last 25gms

TOR 18-5-2
TBL 17-6-2
FLA 16-7-2
CAR 16-7-2
BOS 15-7-3
People should clean up their diets from now, because we might be looking at three game 7 series in a row to get to the cup finals. Coin flip every game for who will win. Get your heart strength up.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
With Campbell slowing down there's no reason we shouldn't be running a fairly even platoon, which I think was always the plan before Mrazek kept getting hurt and Jack was in the Vezina conversation.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA and zeke

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I always enjoyed games vs Detroit as the jerseys contrasted so nicely on TV (Blue/white) vs (Red/white). Also ... very fond memories of Clark and Gilmour and Potvin and a Nik Borshevsky deflected shot to knock out Yzerman and co. back in '92

Blue vs Red
Crips vs Bloods
PC vs Liberals
Republicans vs Democrats
Cookie Monster vs Elmo

GLG!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad