GDT: Leafs vs Wings: Friday in Sweden 2pm [TSN4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Couple of things on my mind. I really hope Nylander comes through in his father's homeland and keeps the streak going and catches Zetterberg and maybe even McDavid's all time record.

On the opposite end of things Max Domi needs to get his first goal of the season this is kind of ridiculous. I think once he pots a couple he will start to feel it and show the level of play he displayed in Montreal and Dallas. He's capable of more the stress of being in Leafs Nation with his father in the stands and being scoreless through a month and half has to be getting to him. If he evolves our third line is outstanding. Robertson and Jarnkrok both have great speed and shooting ability. Domi can be the X Factor for the team if he gets his confidence up and presents himself as another threat.

Nothing better than that some good Gothenburg metal. The Great Deceiver is my fav track off the new album.

In Flames goes hard man. The best thing to come out of Sweden since Mats Sundin.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metroid

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
GAME DAY NEWS:

$4.1m for career injured dman, 3.5m for an often injured headcàse in net and 1.5m for a career fighter who cannot skate fast enough to catch up to an opponent.
Lucky for us they haven't been playing for past few games.
Go Leafs...2 victories in Borge and Mats home.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
$4.1m for career injured dman, 3.5m for an often injured headcàse in net and 1.5m for a career fighter who cannot skate fast enough to catch up to an opponent.
Lucky for us they haven't been playing for past few games.
Go Leafs...2 victories in Borge and Mats home.
Both of these are 1 year contracts, worth while gambles that have no impact past this season if it doesn't work. Who would you have preferred to see in net if they walked away from the aberration decision for Samsanov?

At the time of the contract, I didn't hate that they identified Reeves as the player they wanted but I didn't like it was anything more than a 1 year deal. So far, I like the contract even less than the day it was announced.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Nylander's grandma has never seen him in an nhl game and I think she is getting her chance tonight in Sweden. I expect him to have a good night on the score sheet.
Hope u are right but these things seem to backfire more often then not. My guess is that he play good, bit the streek ends this game. Next game is a another story.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Both of these are 1 year contracts, worth while gambles that have no impact past this season if it doesn't work. Who would you have preferred to see in net if they walked away from the aberration decision for Samsanov?

At the time of the contract, I didn't hate that they identified Reeves as the player they wanted but I didn't like it was anything more than a 1 year deal. So far, I like the contract even less than the day it was announced.
True, but such a waste when we are trying to win. A 2.5 m goalie and 6.5 dman would have been better spent, we didn't trust our own Marlies grads.
I know it is easier said than done, but we are snookered now without a magic wand.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I really don't understand people complaining about a few million on some spot fillers when we have a captain getting paid superstar money to put up 70 points and not throw body check or block a shot.

Reactions: All Mod Cons

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Can't watch the first period today, but I will be able to listen to Joe Bowen's call on the radio.

Go Leafs Go

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

They have an impact this season though, if we sign a Hutton/Gustaffson instead of Klingberg we’d probably be the only team in on Calgary’s D with the cap space to fit them in. Instead we have to pay extra to dump Klingberg or get double retention to make it work.

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Whoooohooooo

Attachments

• PXL_20231117_182925401.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231117_182925401.MP.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 3

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Whoooohooooo

I think what most people want to know is what do you have for food at hockey games?

How much are hot dogs?
Meatballs?
How much are beers?

"Willy is comfortable and able to penetrate 4 guys" I swear these announcers do these subtle pause moments on purpose lmao

No where near the cringe machine that is Pierre McGuire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad