Post-Game Talk: Leafs Vs Wings 7 PM Sportsnet 360 - 'Leafs' lose 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Good on Holland. That was straight to the head and possibly interference as well

Maybe this is because I'm a Red Wings fan... but I thought it was fair.

Curious with Toronto's depth up front in terms of prospects if Babs will suggest a slower route similar to Detroit's. Of course you have your top guys coming up as your picks will generally be higher but if you overripe the hell out of guys and they come up looking full NHL ready. Other than the big three, I absolutely love Brown. He gonna go back down and light up the AHL or start with the opening day roster?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Maybe this is because I'm a Red Wings fan... but I thought it was fair.

Curious with Toronto's depth up front in terms of prospects if Babs will suggest a slower route similar to Detroit's. Of course you have your top guys coming up as your picks will generally be higher but if you overripe the hell out of guys and they come up looking full NHL ready. Other than the big three, I absolutely love Brown. He gonna go back down and light up the AHL or start with the opening day roster?

Brown is in that tough spot of being NHL ready but he might go down because of his waiver exempt status. Same for Soshnikov and even Loov. His camp hasn't been as good as last year mind you, but I still think he's going to be in the NHL very soon and for a long time.

So while he may start with the Marlies, he won't be there for that long.

Last edited:

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Brown is in that tough spot of being NHL ready but he might go down because of his waiver exempt status. Same for Soshnikov and even Loov. His camp hasn't been as good as last year mind you, but I still think he's going to be in the NHL very soon and for a long time.

So while he may start with the Marlies, he won't be there for that long.

Loov seemed pretty bad tonight. Wasn't making smart plays, coughing up the puck, bad passes. I think he needs more time in the AHL regardless of waiver exemption. And Sosh was already going down because of injury.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Loov seemed pretty bad tonight. Wasn't making smart plays, coughing up the puck, bad passes. I think he needs more time in the AHL regardless of waiver exemption. And Sosh was already going down because of injury.

I meant more in a bottom pairing role. I think he'd be all right in that spot.

And I know Soshnikov was all ready going down but he's only going down because of the injury --- he's NHL ready for sure. That's my point. If he wasn't waiver exempt, there's no way he'd be going down.

So while a couple players may go down, it won't be because of their play and potential but because of their contract status.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Babcock mentioned the ice was terrible last night.

Leivo seems no different from last season. There hasn't been any huge stride forward. He may not make this team. Same goes for Corrado. I'd prefer to keep both of them in the organization for depth but I'm really not concerned about losing either player on waivers.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
He has a lot of St. Louis in him. Strong lower body, built like a little fire hydrant. He also has elite vision and passing ability. I see a future with him.

I believe he makes Bracco a trade chip, eventually, as Tima already knows how to play in all zones, and has "+" offensive ability.

I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks this. I like Bracco, but I see a better fit with Tima. He has crazy strong lower body strength. Great vision and passing. If he gets any faster it won't really be fair. I really want to see how Nylander and him could anchor a 2nd line together in the future.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks this. I like Bracco, but I see a better fit with Tima. He has crazy strong lower body strength. Great vision and passing. If he gets any faster it won't really be fair. I really want to see how Nylander and him could anchor a 2nd line together in the future.

Timashov impresses me every time I've watched him. He looks so confident with the puck and I love that he doesn't shy away from contact. He really does resemble St.Louis although I don't think he has the speed or shot. This is on very limited viewing so I could be wrong.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Timashov impresses me every time I've watched him. He looks so confident with the puck and I love that he doesn't shy away from contact. He really does resemble St.Louis although I don't think he has the speed or shot. This is on very limited viewing so I could be wrong.

Barbara can easily get him to improve his skating (I think at least). That incredible lower body strength means there is a lot of potential for speed improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad