Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
CuKsM3ZWIAADiLy.jpg:large

Last edited by a moderator:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Expecting a big loss from a miserable sorry sack of players. These guys better wake the hell up.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Expecting a big loss from a miserable sorry sack of players. These guys better wake the hell up.

I think Babcock will have them going tonight, listening to his remarks in the scrum yesterday....

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Going to be interesting game.

This group might look at last night's debacle and see the door was left open.

No one grabbed the brass ring, and the merry go round is taking another spin.

Hopefully, the vets don't have guaranteed spots, as I'd like to see some changes to the defense group that watched the opposition skaters last night.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I suspect yesterday's embarrassment will pump these guys up for this one

We are likely expecting a different line-up from yesterday.

These are the AHL/junior players that are mostly likely to be the main cuts with just a few vets sprinkled in.

Saturday is when this group from last night will get their redemption chance.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto

:scared:

The team had one bad preseason loss prior to its 2nd season of an actual rebuild. Buckle up. Did somebody say there would be no growing pains to an actual rebuild?

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Whats interesting, as another poster mentioned, is this lineup will be marlie-esque. Hence, they will be hungry to impress and potentially insert themselves in the Leafs mix. Lots of competition; but if a guy like Leipsic gives 100% every shift it could make things interesting for coaching staff

buttman*

Wow. Imagine if this was the regular season.

Not sure who expects a bunch of rookies to compete for the cup, but they might want to check their expectations at the door.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
:scared:

The team had one bad preseason loss prior to its 2nd season of an actual rebuild. Buckle up. Did somebody say there would be no growing pains to an actual rebuild?

From my perspective, the score against flattered the Canadiens, while the score for was reflective of the compete.

Of concern is someone like Hunwick, who it seems Babcock likes, while I don't see it. He's 31 years old, other than 2009-2010 he's never played more than 55 games in a season until he landed on the 30th. place Leafs last year.

There's pain, and there's avoidable self inflicted pain. One you can control the other is expected growing pain.

It wasn't so much they lost last night it was the lack of compete in their efforts (kowtow).

It is a long season, but they should understand getting to the NHL is only the start not the destination.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
If only they did not have to pay such high taxes:sarcasm:

This teams effort last night was laughable and there is no excuse for such a horrible performance. Nobody earned their money including Babcock!

I stand by that! TBH the US and Canada should negotiate a uniform rate pro sports. I don't care if its 39 or 59% so long as no one country or state gets a competitive advantage when it cones down to salary negotiations.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Wow. Imagine if this was the regular season.

Not sure who expects a bunch of rookies to compete for the cup, but they might want to check their expectations at the door.

This was a failure to compete. It was a complete waste of everyone's time that was involved. The staff, the players, the fans who had to witness, the sanitary workers who cleaned the mess as well. Fighting to make a team and that's what you show? No freaking way!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Dermott-Polak should be a good pairing for the Marlies this season

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
This looks to be a make or break game for the AHL guys on both the Leafs and Wings.

Also...Andersen getting the night off? I thought Babs said he was starting two straight? Or am I "misremembering" and he said he was going to be playing Saturday?

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
tsif.jpg

"these sorry sack of players" after one pre season loss... sigh. It's gonna be a long year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad