Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Vegas - Thursday at 10:00pm February 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

I've Never started one of these but figured I'd give it a try.

D pairings today look like Babcock may be willing to experiment, which is a good sign.

Vegas has been slumping a bit lately.

Hopefully the boys in blue can get a W.

I was going to attempt a Valentine's day joke but they were all terrible Dad jokes (cheesy)... so if anyone has any good ones feel free.

Go Leafs Go

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I am a bit worried about this game.

You know Vegas is going to come in hot and pissed after losing to Zona yesterday in their own barn

The boys better start on time or it could get ugly quick

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
Vegas is going to come out flying after last night and Gallant heated in practice today. This will be a tough one.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Fantastic. Now we’re back to playing only two actual top 4 capable defensemen in our top 4. What a waste. Zaitsev needs to be shipped the f*** out.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Hainsey is getting more minutes than Muzzin. This is very frustrating.

Hainsey is paired with Rielly to Mo can do his thing playing on the left side'

Muzzin is paired with Zaitsev to cover up the stupid of Nikita

Gardiner is paired with Dermott to cover up the stupid of Jake

for now I think it is fine; and since Rielly is our 1D; his partner is going to get more mins and for now it is Hainsey.

FYI Rielly was more dominant with Hainsey as his partner playing on the left side than Muzzin where Mo had to play on the right side

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I am just assuming we are going to lose, that way if we win i will be pleasantly surprised. If we lose, i wont be disappointing. Win Win!

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
How about we experiment with giving Rielly a partner that's not the worst defenseman on the team

Looks like Rielly on the right side experiment/trial is over. If you are going to move Dermott to the RS why not with Rielly and have Hainsey on the bottom pair with Gards ? Maybe that is the plan for next week. Good to know all your options going into the playoffs I guess.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Rielly and Hainsey were exposed really badly against Boston last year, and it doesn't look like Hainsey improved much. Hopefully Babcock isn't dumb enough to try it again

Reactions: GermanLeaf

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Rielly and Hainsey were exposed really badly against Boston last year, and it doesn't look like Hainsey improved much. Hopefully Babcock isn't dumb enough to try it again
If you want to challenge for a cup, you can't have Hainsey playing huge minutes. He's dropped-off from last season.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Vegas is going to come out flying after last night and Gallant heated in practice today. This will be a tough one.

Vegas is a weird bunch (like us) as this month they lost to the Canes, Panthers, and Yotes but then they beat Tampa in OT so who knows what to think of this one.

Reactions: Schooner

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
We have four top four d-men, and two of them are on the bottom pairing. Makes sense. Well, the alternative is that we have one of our two top pairing guys on our third pairing.

It seems unlikely right now but I still hold out hope that the Dermott experimentation on the right results in him being paired with Rielly. Given Muzzin and Gardiner's apparent inability to play on that side, it seems like the logical endgame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad