Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Tampa game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Had a dream leafs went down 4-0 on awful goals very fast in game 7.

Hopefully it’s just a nightmare.

Leafs went down 5-0 in game #4, and 2-0 down in games #5 and #6 and were only able to salvage 1 of those slow starts.

Leafs have played the last half of this series trying to dig themselves out a deep hole, so that would cause nightmares for anyone keeping score at home.

The Leafs are lucky this series is not already over as a result of those last 3 games with TB winning in 6, as it required goalie Campbell to steal a game back from defeat or there wouldn't even be any game #7 today.

Leafs are already on borrowed time, as series momentum is clearly on the other side by jumping out early and forcing the Leafs to play catch-up all game thereafter.

So having a 2nd life, hopefully Leafs flip the script today, take the early lead and then put the peddle down and drive this series home to victory !!!!!.

We DO NOT want a repeat of the past 3 games poor starts.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
No argument from me that there have been some poorly officiated games, but it isn’t biased, and some of the things people complain about are ridiculous.
I don't believe it's bias, I described it as quick sand yesterday.

I think they were fooled on a call, likely knew it after replay. Then had the Kerfoot call and responded to the crowd. Saw the goal, the fact Toronto couldn't challenge but may have without the 5on3, and put their whistles away at that point to not influence more.

I also think NHL officiating generally follows a pattern, rightly or wrongly. We didn't see that here, likely because of that quick sand, and it led to blatant misses in OT while allowing the other team an extended 5on3 to tie the game.

So it's a low call game except a blown situation that was pretty significant. It's not Leafs bias, it's general confusion and lack of awareness.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
It's my fiances best friends wedding tomorrow night. I have accidentally injured my back at work today and will be unable to attend. Although I may be feeling slightly better around 10, 10:30 so I may show up late. Either way i'll be getting f***ing blasted, either to drink away my sorrow or celebratory drinks.
Years ago my good friend got married during playoff time. Both of us are die hard Leaf fans. As the best man, I did my friend a solid- the club he got married at had a member's bar, with TVs.
I bought a lot of drinks for the groom in there....

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
That was a very disappointing OT from him the other night. Vasi stood on his head with their season on the line while Jack let in their first real chance that wasn’t a blocked attempt. He has to have the game of his life just like he should have last game.
I can't expect that from a goalie who's making not much more than minimum wage. Goaltending is a huge question mark and that is the one big flaw in the way this team is constructed, hopefully it doesn't cost us the series tonight.

I'm hoping for Jack to have a good game, just good, not expecting greatness. The team in front of him is on paper, far more likely to have a great game and that's what we need tonight. And if Jack lets in a softie, we can't let that be an excuse for folding like we've done in the past, you just gotta keep playing our game and hope Jack plays well the rest of the way. It's happened before, it can't happen again and some of the most embarrassing posts here over the last few years have been the ones blaming our pathetic game 7 performances and the goalie giving up a softie thus "deflating the team".

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
I know it’s a lot to ask, but at least for tonight, let’s forget the last few years guys. Leafs have objectively been the better team overall in this series. The big boys have played very well for the most part. Let’s manifest a victory with overwhelming positivity. And anybody at the game today, your goal is to not have a voice tomorrow

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
For the standers and the runners alike:

Tampa IS the two time defending Stanley Cup champions with award winning players in their prime. IF the Leafs win tonight, they are not meeting reasonable expectation, they are EXCEEDING reasonable expectation.

Game 6, on the road, our club was heroic. Down 2-0, come back in surprising fashion to take the lead. BUT FOR a 5 on 3, Tampa doesn't make it to overtime. BUT FOR questionable calls and a peculiar circumstance, the two time defending Stanley Cup Champions...don't make it to overtime and we move on.

It may not be tonight, but it might be, that our faith is rewarded. We can unequivocally say that this team is good enough to beat the Stanley Cup champions from this series thus far. People's politically correct preferences aside: If the refs would just let us play the game. Either call all of it or none of it.

May 14th, 1994: Wendel Clark scores two goals, adds an assist and the Leafs win Game 7 against the Sharks.

May 14th, 2002: Alexander Mogilny scores two goals, and the Leafs win Game 7 against the Senators.

Heart on my sleeve: I say:

May 14th, 2022: Auston Matthews scores two goals and two assists and the Leafs win Game 7 against the Lightning.

Time to stand with the club with all the faith we've got. Those who run shouldn't be given the opportunity to come back. Only the standers should get the right to come back to these boards and celebrate.

Here's to coming back here tonight with a: "Surprise, surprise, motha&#^@*%s!"

Cheers to Leafs Nation!

Let's! F^$&#@*! GO!

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I have to say I feel the Leafs will win tonight.
Why? Against Columbus and Montreal we were the better team but didn’t play like it. This series we are playing like the better team. Tampa is lucky to still be alive. Only so many 5-3s you can get. I feel there time is running out.

Reactions: glue

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Ay Wes. Usually a good official, I like it. I can only really recall one bad game he called for us, but it happens. Happy with the choice.
Is Wes a good ref? Wes, Meier, and Skullitor seem to ref the worst Leafs game.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Hot damn, someone who gets "it".

And it goes even deeper than that. But I sure ain't going into it.

95% would react angrily to it anyways. I was pretty disappointed and angry myself when I found out what, was what.

Kerry Fraser in Europe for that non call on Gretzky? In the LA/Toronto series? Would have had an ending worse than Mussolini's.

Anyways, we win tonight, enjoy it, we deserve it, no matter how its been constructed. We are the co best team in the league with Colorado.

I don't know if that is going to happen, but that would be one heckuva series. Leafs/Avalanche.
Ah come on, don't be a tease, go into it!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I usually do not have conspiracy theories, but damn I bet the NHL wants that Florida Tampa series..... just a thought

I think so too, but NHL numbers guys need to crunch some numbers on the delta between 3x Toronto home games vs 3x Tampa home games just for the information.

Reactions: Cleetus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad