Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Sens - Battle of Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Oddly enough, Bernier is horrible on Saturdays while Reimer has a good Saturday sv% lol. Bernier is .903 on Saturdays while being unreal the rest of the week, while Reimer is .920 on Saturdays while being poor on every other day except Tuesday games.

Coincidence.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I say Bernier needs to start because he has played himself as their #1 Goalie.

I know Reimer has got amazing career numbers against Ottawa and it's the reason Carlyle said he started their home opener when the Leafs played them. However we all remember Reimer getting pulled after Ottawa made it 4-2, then Bernier came in and played fantastic. Plus it helped that the Leafs came back and won 5-4 in a shootout.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
We've been on a roll. The only thing I can complain about are defensive lapses and also our toughness seems to have dried up. Colton orr cannot take a regular shift or make a pass to save his life. Hope one of broll or devane replace him next year

White Pine

May 26, 2011
upper ottawa valley
Re: goalies, I don't really think it matters who starts. Reimer's Anti-Ottawa Beast Mode seems to usually occur in Ottawa, not the ACC. Not saying he'd lay an egg just cause it's a home game, but there's no particular history here that puts one goalie ahead of another in this case. (except Bernier's recent play in general)

The schedule for the rest of the season is PACKED. And so, even with Bernier as the starter, Reimer should get at least one game before the Olympics. So I think it's a toss up at this point as to who will start this game.

Bluejaysfan*

Feeling a blowout win for the Leafs, if the Leafs lose...it will be in overtime or in a shootout. I dont think I have been wrong on my prediction so far so yeah...

JimmyPower

Apr 25, 2007
Bernier and its not even close. Reimer had a chance to prove "history" right last time he started and he blew it.

RASHBEEP

Sep 18, 2010
Reimer.

Bernier's been good, he hasn't been great... and the Leafs saw their best goaltending when the two were battling it out. Reimer's history against the Sens is incredible... give him the opportunity to challenge for that #1 job.

i think you're a month or two late..

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
was it reimer or bernier that **** the bed and had to be pulled against ottawa earlier this season?

Revolt

Mar 10, 2010
Toronto
I'd personally play Reimer and I'm a bernier fan. He's hungry to get back in after poor outings and he's usually great against the sens. Regardless of who starts id be confident against the sens

Last edited:

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
As a sens fan this game feels like a game 7 almost when you consider our last meeting in April most likely won't have an impact on the playoffs at all (though we do play in Pittsburgh the next night). It's funny but you'd never think we'd be begging for you guys to start Reimer even though he's had our number. Not saying we'd win with him in net but hard to believe our chances would be better vs Reimer than Bernier. Reimer was actually part of the reason why we even got a pt last game vs your team as well despite his 47 saves. The goals he gave up to MacArthur and Condra were not great ones. Here's to a high scoring game and I wouldn't be pissed if it goes to OT either :laugh: Hopefully not a SO though since you guys discovered how to win them unlike us.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
We have to trust our backup, even though I lack faith in Reimer at the moment, Bernier can't start every game until the end of the season. I'd give Reimer the start for that reason. Good chance for him to start building confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad