GDT: Leafs vs Philly 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I agree.

Flyers are so incredibly bad and we are losing to them.

It takes a real bad team to lose to NJ, Arizona, and Philly in a week. And we apparently should not make trades on certain players. As far as I am concerned, getting bodies back that just give a damn is a start.

Rielly is the one piece to build around. No one else.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
One flaw I see in this system, is on breakouts, the defensemen are left in our end zone, while the forwards are all taking off and the D are expected to make 50-60 foot passes and when the oppsing team sends checkers in on them, they are having trouble moving the puck that far and finding the forwrds, it's getting picked off, then the forwards can't get back to help with the check, when they are that far down the ice.

Duffman also hit the nail on the head they are not shooting a lot from the slot and inside the dots, the Corsi may be better but the shots are not from any good scoring positions.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I just don't understand why people always need to focus in on ONE scapegoat, ONE problem. There's never a number of factors that together gives a bad result.

AlexMo89

Sep 29, 2014
Man, I have seen our D try to get the shots through on back to back shifts but they keep hitting sticks in front grrrrr

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I can't even conceive of the idea that a coach can be worse than Horachek.

Its not easy to take a team that scores 3.3 G/G and turn them into a team that scores less than 1 G/G and still keep the 3 GA/G

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
We are playing a better team game. This system just exposes us more in the fact that we are just not talented enough. Might be a blessing in disguise. We need to get better.

I am concerned though because we maybe not be able to move our dull players because of horachek's awfully dull game book and system. We should be losing, but playing more open game like carlyle did. These players are not built to play defense. They are offensive oriented, soft, arrogant players who cannot win, ever.

I think another coach would have been a better choise in this losing strategy. hora's team is too dull. Nobody wants players of this team.

We need to get better yeah. But we can't trade our players who are not showing anything special in these games they're trying to lose.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
We are playing a better team game. This system just exposes us more in the fact that we are just not talented enough. Might be a blessing in disguise. We need to get better.

Agreed, I think it highlights just how poorly built we are.

Too many one dimensional players, Carlyle created a system around that and it ended up being an entertaining but very flawed team.

teams that play our style now but are good are VERY entertaining guys and can dominate games, it's just that the players we have arent willing to play that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad