Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Pens, welcome home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sty1877

Mar 21, 2010
I need a bit of pre-game talk and I can't wait for the GD thread. Pre-GD thread talk here.

I expect a playoff atmosphere for the majority of this game. Might be a few Leafs fans too, it should be a great time for anyone going to the game. I predict that Crosby begins to shake off the rust and gets a goal tonight.

Looks like Toronto is shaking up their lines a bit in practice:

JVR-Grabo-Kuli
Mac-Kadri-Komorov

PP: Lupul-Kadri-Kessel

How do we match up? Any thoughts?

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
These are usually high-scoring affairs for some reason.

Either way, this one'll hinge on Fleury (more than your regular game hinges on a goaltender, yeah I know). I alsothink the D to continues to play well too.

And I'd imagine Phaneuf will get the Malkin assignment, so, it's time for Crosby and his line to get going, since they should have the opportunity here.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Since it helped us go 2-0 last weekend:

CookieBunny.jpg

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Do the Leafs still have a team? :sarcasm:

But seriously, should be a good opener. Probably some rough stuff, some run-and-gun style hockey from both teams. Hopefully the Pens stay sharp, don't slack off. That's how games are lost.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
MacArthur-Bozak-Kessel
Lupul-Kadri-Komarov
van Riemsdyk-Grabovski-Kulemin
Brown-McClement-Orr

Expected pairings:
Kostka-Phaneuf
Liles-Franson
Fraser-Gunnarson

MichiganWolverines

Big Mac Attack
Jul 3, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Some Toronto fans are such idiots, they think Colton Orr is the best heavyweight in the league because he landed a huge body shot on John Scott. They try to convince themselves that Phil Kessel is the best player in the NHL. Some Toronto fans worship James Reimer because of his performance during the 2010-2011 regular season.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
Toronto fans are such idiots, they think Colton Orr is the best heavyweight in the league because he landed a huge body shot on John Scott. They try to convince themselves that Phil Kessel is the best player in the NHL. Some Toronto fans worship James Reimer because of his performance during the 2010-2011 regular season.

Colton Orr is one of the best.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Do the Leafs still have a team? :sarcasm:

But seriously, should be a good opener. Probably some rough stuff, some run-and-gun style hockey from both teams. Hopefully the Pens stay sharp, don't slack off. That's how games are lost.

I believe they packed up and re-located after finding out that Pittsburgh, not Toronto, was actually the hockey mecca.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Some Toronto fans are such idiots, they think Colton Orr is the best heavyweight in the league because he landed a huge body shot on John Scott. They try to convince themselves that Phil Kessel is the best player in the NHL. Some Toronto fans worship James Reimer because of his performance during the 2010-2011 regular season.

Every fan base has it's share of idiots. Toronto just happens to have more fans than most, so their idiots are more noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad