GDT: Leafs vs Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Many seem to think this will be a blow out. Seems overly optimistic to me, hopefully I'm wrong.

Yeah Oiler fans aren't confident going into tonight, some of them don't even want to win because they want the coach fired

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
I'm sure we can all relate to what they are going through.

If they weren’t so obnoxious I would actually feel bad for them but I honestly don’t. I remember all the gloating they did at the beginning of the year like that “Hyman has more goals than entire Leafs big 4” thread. They are so petty and have such an inferiority complex when it comes to us.

Reactions: Pinto

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I heard Babcock as HC , Tortz and Keenan as Associates
Babcock looks like he's fallen on some hard times. Recently seen in Burlington using stolen credit cards.

WANTED: Suspected credit card thief in Burlington caught on camera

10546912_2021-375233.jpg

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Hopefully the Leafs don't take the Oilers lightly without McDavid in the lineup.

(they have been known to lay plenty of eggs on lessor opponents).

Reactions: Dirty Sanchez

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
If they weren’t so obnoxious I would actually feel bad for them but I honestly don’t. I remember all the gloating they did at the beginning of the year like that “Hyman has more goals than entire Leafs big 4” thread. They are so petty and have such an inferiority complex when it comes to us.

Yes the complex is real. They figured they'd drop 10 mil on a few ex-Leafs in Hyman and Barrie, but apparently the rot runs so deep even that infusion isn't helping :D

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Our Leafs timed their Covid absentees during postponed games better than the Oilers it appears. :wg:

Leafs have held McDavid in check pretty well recently.

Can't imagine the Leafs losing this one.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Our Leafs timed their Covid absentees during postponed games better than the Oilers it appears. :wg:

Regular season results will be slightly tainted due to COVID. Games like the 6-0 win vs Sens and probably tonight don't do much to help this team become more battle tested for the playoffs IMO.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Regular season results will be slightly tainted due to COVID. Games like the 6-0 win vs Sens and probably tonight don't do much to help this team become more battle tested for the playoffs IMO.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth and take the 2 points and move on, as long as they realize they still have to earn them through effort and commitment.

What is the under/over that Hyman scores in this game?

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Hopefully the Leafs don't take the Oilers lightly without McDavid in the lineup.

(they have been known to lay plenty of eggs on lessor opponents).

While most certainly true, we have seen a bit of a difference with this group this season... so far. They seem to be more comfortable in being the better team and playing to that fact. Hockey is so random though that anything could happen, but if I was betting I'd take the favourite in this one. Another good stomp would go a long way to establishing their place in the league standings.

I am not an Oilers fan, but I don't wish Mike Babcock on anyone... if he is the one, 97 will be looking for a way out imo.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Never look a gift horse in the mouth and take the 2 points and move on, as long as they realize they still have to earn them through effort and commitment.

What is the under/over that Hyman scores in this game?

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Wow, no Mcdavid, no RNH, no Ryan, and potentially no Barrie

The Oilers are missing a lot tonight
So now it will be 6-0 instead of 6-1 lol.
The oilers are awful no matter how you arrange that lineup. Now, they are Arizona level awful instead of Ottawa level awful.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Well Smith is in net, I assume Kosk is the backup. Hopefully they don't both go down, and have to use our Zamboni guy. We're snake bitten against that guy. (If you can't laugh what else is left? lol)

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Many seem to think this will be a blow out. Seems overly optimistic to me, hopefully I'm wrong.
Same, I just want a win. That one really boring game we played them last year and lost 2-1 keeps me thinking they'll clog up the neutral zone and play for a PP and hopefully a lead, where they can sit back and defend.

If we get a quick one to start it's a blowout, but if it's 0-0 after one it's gonna be on our guys to not do anything stupid and stay within the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad