GDT: Leafs vs Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Simmonds brings nothing. I know people are going to say he has had good games before he got injured. He was just on a hot streak

If you watched him last 4 years, he has been trash
Simmonds brings nothing. I know people are going to say he has had good games before he got injured. He was just on a hot streak

I was critical of him to start the season and then he had his “hot” streak and thought he made me eat my words. I guess he was what I thought he was.

If he would make the D pay on the forecheck then it would be fine but he’s doing nothing out there.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We are such a tactiquesque team and rock solid... and strong. :clap: This is so ours game again sire. Woah we are good and campbelll....... mayne that guy doesn'
t LOSE EVER: EVER. 7-0-0

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I was always told if the leafs stars had more PP time (like other star players) their stats would be much higher and closer to earning their cap hits. I'm starting to think it's the precise opposite at this point.

Both matthees and marner at a 98pt pace since they started getting more PP time.

Still not nearly as much PP time as the top guys get tho.

Reactions: NK94 and Gallagbi

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Would Sandin be on the 1st wave if he was healthy? Rielly doesnt seem to be the answer and he will probably ask way too much $

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I wouldn’t care about the PP if these were average players not scoring but these players are too skilled and too well paid to go this long without a pp goal. They also haven’t even come close to scoring. We’re honestly more dangerous on the PK. It’s mind blowing

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
What? Matthews slamming a guy against the boards and then laughing as the guy tries to push back?

More of that please.
I agree brother , don’t get me wrong , it’s fun to see from him , but one day , well actually it doesn’t happen in this style and eta of hockey much anymore, but one day someone is going to take him out unfortunately and we all won’t be smiling then
Sorry my friend , that shouldn’t have happened without retribution... I don’t mind it as much against our lesser lights but not on our elite player (s) like that hit on JT without a answer
It makes me sick as I get anxiety and twitchy to go and do something for my teammates again

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
And the PP has scored a hell of a lot of goals in the last few years with Rielly on the ice. It is an issue with the whole unit right now.

It does't work year after year. Teams adjust, style of game changes
If I am not mistaken, our PP 2 years was bottom or mid of the league?

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

He was healthy as this season began and his play showed this. He is clearly not 100%.

He cares, this is an asset once he heals up. This team is more built for the playoffs. Defense first with a hard, speedy forecheck must be their identity.

Simmonds will be a net presence when needed. It should be all about playoff success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad