GDT: Leafs vs Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
We've actually outplayed teams by wider margins in some of those losses than we have in some of our wins this year.

goaltending was a huge difference during that 1-6 run. We were still playing pretty good.
Yup. Over our last 25 games, the Leafs have improved their xGF by a good amount, while also lowering their xGA. I feel like this board has been a little too negative recently.
shotPlot-5v5-xG.png

Let our goalies heal, fix the PP and get another top 6 winger and this team is really good.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Yup. Over our last 25 games, the Leafs have improved their xGF by a good amount, while also lowering their xGA. I feel like this board has been a little too negative recently.
shotPlot-5v5-xG.png

Let our goalies heal, fix the PP and get another top 6 winger and this team is really good.

We're a scarred bunch.

Reactions: egd27

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I hope this team figures out the powerplay. Ridiculous that it's been so flaccid recently. It's costing us points and handing points to our opponents.

Our PP was so reliant on Matthews' absurd shot that it went completely off the rails with his injury.

I did note he was back to his usual spot on the PP last game as opposed to net front where he was moved early in his injury. Seems his wrist is finally getting better. Hopefully the PP improves shortly.

gunther

Mar 29, 2021
shotPlot-5v5-xG.png

matches the eye test too, mate. we’re outplaying everyone in our division, like you said - get some healthy and average tending and the pp back at an NHL level and were in excellent shape for the playoffs. thank you for posting i added that account to my follows.

Reactions: zeke

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Shouldn't be many penalties. Winnipeg is the least penalized team in the north and we are the second least penalized. Which surprised me.
We weren’t anywhere near the least penalized for a good chunk of the season. It’s gone down the last 5 weeks after being a complete joke previously. Reffing is bad, they’ll screw us every chance they get in the future don’t worry.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
We've actually outplayed teams by wider margins in some of those losses than we have in some of our wins this year.

goaltending was a huge difference during that 1-6 run. We were still playing pretty good.
Yep and we still have two fragile goalies and a G.M betting his season on them so he can trade a top prospect for a top 6 forward we don’t need. His words.

Reactions: libertarian

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Our PP was so reliant on Matthews' absurd shot that it went completely off the rails with his injury.

I did note he was back to his usual spot on the PP last game as opposed to net front where he was moved early in his injury. Seems his wrist is finally getting better. Hopefully the PP improves shortly.

It's concerning our PP is so reliant on one players shot to make it effective

We Should have enough talent to have a high level PP without relying on Matthews to that extent

The coaches need to sit down and start sorting this out, we've been struggling for to long not to be concerned at this point imo

Reactions: egd27

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
matches the eye test too, mate. we’re outplaying everyone in our division, like you said - get some healthy and average tending and the pp back at an NHL level and were in excellent shape for the playoffs. thank you for posting i added that account to my follows.

Easier said than done. I was thinking we have a real chance at the cup this season but unless our goaltending problem are fixed, we're screwed.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Over the past ten games, even the bottom-dwelling Ottawa Senators have a better record at 4-3-3 than the Maple Leafs at 4-5-1. By the way, in the North Division – and the Buffalo Sabres are not part of that division – only the Calgary Flames at 4-6-0 have a worse record in their last ten games than Toronto.

I just copied and pasted that last ten record from a article by ole prof on the hockey writers. March not going to look good whatever way you slice it and plate it.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We're first in the division and have not had healthy goaltending basically all season. That should say something about this team.

This is an underrated statement.

Despite leading the division, I don't think our record is an accurate reflection of the team's overall performance thus far.

It would be a real shame to let this season go to waste with a quick playoff exit because our goaltending issues weren't addressed.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
We're first in the division and have not had healthy goaltending basically all season. That should say something about this team.
Or maybe it says more about the division .
But the good news is only 1 of Vegas , Colorado and Minny are going to come out of that division .

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Over the past ten games, even the bottom-dwelling Ottawa Senators have a better record at 4-3-3 than the Maple Leafs at 4-5-1. By the way, in the North Division – and the Buffalo Sabres are not part of that division – only the Calgary Flames at 4-6-0 have a worse record in their last ten games than Toronto.

I just copied and pasted that last ten record from a article by ole prof on the hockey writers. March not going to look good whatever way you slice it and plate it.

3-0-1 in our last 4.

We're on a hot streak bud.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Treally would like to see a change in the first PP unit tonight sire................................................ Take the old joey off, play him elsewere. Just like the sesharks did. For two last years. Even they (weaker than us) didn't play Joe on the first unit anymore. They knew.

We gotta get our captain in there. He LIVES AND BREATHS FOR SCESORING. :clap: Always, like the italians say with the accent.

Reactions: al secord

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
The Leafs are the best they have been since 2003-2004 but you wouldn't know it since people never stop crying.

If the PP issues and goaltending are able to get it together, we’re laughing like we did through January and February. Even with said issues, the Leafs haven’t been losing games because they didn’t show up or because they folded like a cheap tent.

Tonight’s a big night, here’s hoping it’s a good one!

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Somebody should call the Canadian Federal aviation administration and tell them there is a high risk of Jets crashing and burning today.

Reactions: gunther

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
It's concerning our PP is so reliant on one players shot to make it effective

We Should have enough talent to have a high level PP without relying on Matthews to that extent

The coaches need to sit down and start sorting this out, we've been struggling for to long not to be concerned at this point imo

Completely agree. Our PP coach needs to earn his money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad