Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Is high school called college in Finland? Dude left school at 16 to play hockey so not sure what grades you're talking about.

It's not even a big deal, just irritates me these Laine fanboys lurking to defend him at every turn.

finnishlainefanboys.png

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Meanwhile, a borderline generational defender is just a player in Sweden. It's a striking difference, and I'm just pondering the reasons for why Laine became more than a player to the Finns.

I think the Finns believe he will be another generational player, like (not in style but success) Teemu Selanne or Jari Kurri.
The Finnish hockey progamme pumps out lots of good players, but Laine may be the next superstar.
In Canada, we do it all the time!!!!

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
Is high school called college in Finland? Dude left school at 16 to play hockey so not sure what grades you're talking about.

It's not even a big deal, just irritates me these Laine fanboys lurking to defend him at every turn.

Yeah I meant high school. My bad!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Damn, bro. Throwing that shade. :laugh: Say what you will about his intelligence or character - doesn't change the fact that he's one hell of an incredible player. It would be wise of the Leafs to respect his shot tonight.
I'm just messing around. Good player that I'm sure the Leafs will keep an eye on.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
No game thread brings more opposing fans here than when we play Winnipeg. Quite unbecoming.

Somehow I doubt their thread is filled with Leafs fans predicting blowouts and assuring us how little they care.

Reactions: WillTheThrill

Savvy

Sep 30, 2006
Mississauga
If there's one day at the year where I just can't get anything done, it's the day of the season opener. I might as well sit and count down the seconds.

Declared it a holiday for myself. Only thing I’m doing today is grabbing some snacks and listening to pregame stuff.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Yes sir, they doing it. But our team is a bit bitter and better. We have better offense and better role players than those guys. They have the better D though. Our goaltending is better. We might win tomorrow and this is going to be quite a season. We should all be investing in this club now, since we are doing better again. Lou and shanahan have brought as some great team again. This is going to be an entertaining season again.

Senor martinez is that you?

If there's one day at the year where I just can't get anything done, it's the day of the season opener. I might as well sit and count down the seconds.

Same, can't focus.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Sure, so-called generational centres have more premium value than wingers. In the Jets perspective, they already have an elite centre with Schiefele (at a great cap hit too), and they really needed a premium winger on the team. Laine is a perfect fit and very entertaining.

I think both teams did quite well with who they got.

Anyways, looking forward to the game tonight. Both teams are exciting to watch.
You're right, he is the perfect compliment to their center, worked out well for both teams no question.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
No game thread brings more opposing fans here than when we play Winnipeg. Quite unbecoming.

Somehow I doubt their thread is filled with Leafs fans predicting blowouts and assuring us how little they care.

Makes sense. When I don't care about something, I go to that exact place to let them know I don't care.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
They got an inferiority complex when it comes to the leafs. They hate us but we, on the other hand, could seriously care less about them. Winnipeg is as irrelevant as they come both in regards to their team and their city.

Haven't read through the whole thread but uhhh a lot of people here care that we're playing Winnipeg and dislike them as much as they dislike us.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
ehlers at 6m and schiefly at 6.1m , i stick to me prediction that we get the big 3 between 18 to 20m total

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
ehlers at 6m and schiefly at 6.1m , i stick to me prediction that we get the big 3 between 18 to 20m total

No chance fella.

Eichel just got 10. Matthews price just started at 10 and up.

So their is no chance that Nylander and Marner will sign for 5 each.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

18M? not a chance, that is $6M each if you average it out. Marner & Nylander are at least $6M each which then means at least $9M for Matthews, but then why would Matthews take less than Eichel he is better than him. $23M minimum Matthews $10, Marner & Nylander $6.5 each. Scheiffle is a tier below Matthews not a comparable at all

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

I'm not 100% sure on that. Winnipeg lucked out a little with Scheifele. They signed his deal coming off a 60 point season before he jumped to 80 points last year. It took Sheif a few years in the NHL to get to 60 points. Longer than Matthews. They wouldn't get him for that price today. Johanson got more than that. Sheif would get a least 8+ if they had to do it now.
If everything goes our way (negotiation wise), I would expect we can get the 3 locked up for 24 million give or take.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I agree there is zero chance we get the 3 of them locked up for 8 years each at less than $23 million AAV on our cap. I am just hoping for $25 million or under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese