GDT: Leafs vs Jets- round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
For what it is worth, Joseph Woll was loaned to the Marlies yesterday so Campbell is likely going to be back by Saturday.

Woll also likely gets into his first game tomorrow night. Finally someone other than D'Agostini.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
No issues with Keefe starting Freddy if Campbell's not ready, but it's more than likely he will get outplayed by Hellebuyck again.

We are going to have to dominate play against the Jets again just to have a chance to win.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Not sure how I feel about our chances tonight.
3 shit games in a row. I guess the next 2 games will define what this team really is. Have they turned the corner and are actually a good team or is it one more year of the same old thing.......win when it’s easy but collapse when the games get tougher and the checking gets tighter.
Going to be interest to see how it goes

The team has played well the past two games IMO, and never really quit.

We just need Andersen to stop letting in momentum killing goals

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Agostino making his Leafs debut is way over due.

He hasn't really done anything on the Marlies the past season and a bit to warrant playing him over Petan, Barabanov, etc. He is an AHL scorer who is not great in his own end

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
No issues with Keefe starting Freddy if Campbell's not ready, but it's more than likely he will get outplayed by Hellebuyck again.

We are going to have to dominate play against the Jets again just to have a chance to win.
Sadly we did that last game and lost. Big game for Freddy today.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Sadly we did that last game and lost. Big game for Freddy today.

Didn't we do that both games against Vancouver too? Or at least the game where Andersen was in net?

I know the Hutch game he was fine, but Demko was better.

Maybe Andersen is hurting a bit coming off of an injury, but he wasn't really amazing before that injury either.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Didn't we do that both games against Vancouver too? Or at least the game where Andersen was in net?

I know the Hutch game he was fine, but Demko was better.

Maybe Andersen is hurting a bit coming off of an injury, but he wasn't really amazing before that injury either.
Oh I agree. I thought we played well in all 3 games, but think the last game we can truly say we dominated from start to finish. Andersen has had good moments but he has been overall below average.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Tie the series. Tavares needs a tough winger with him. Unfortunately Simmonds is injured. Drafting skilled wingers/forwards is great. Drafting tenacity and speed and skill and character mix might be a idea to contemplate for Dubas occasionally going forward.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Tie the series. Tavares needs a tough winger with him. Unfortunately Simmonds is injured. Drafting skilled wingers/forwards is great. Drafting tenacity and speed and skill and character mix might be a idea to contemplate for Dubas occasionally going forward.
Thats what Dubas has done the last 2 years

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I think my frustrations with Andersen are less his “play” and more the realization that he isn’t gonna be able to take us to the cup. The dude can barely put together 3 consistently good games, let alone 4 series.

My cup hopes this year rests on Campbell being a Murray or Binnington.
I slammed Andersen hard in the thread to trade him. 20% of the shots when we are killing penalties go behind him.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
A week ago we were up on Oilers by 8 points after sweeping them. Now after losing three in a row and them on a winning streak they’re back by 4. Getting to the point where “good effort” isn’t safe anymore.

Get used to it. That's what happens when every game is a 4 point game.

Reactions: Buds17

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Stay out of the box because every penalty is pretty well an auto goal nowadays

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Lost in the losses is the fact that the Leafs are playing probably their best hockey of the season right now. They've been improving steadily since the start but have really turned it up lately, especially with the most recent line changes.

1st 9gms: 49.2xgf% 5v5, 51.3xgf% All
2nd 9gms: 54.6xgf% 5v5, 56.1xgf% All
3rd 9gms: 56.1xgf% 5v5, 56.6xgf% All

Since Matthews came back giving us our current top 3 lines setup for the first time all year: 60.4xgf% 5v5, 62.4xgf% All

Matches the eye test too.

Reactions: zeke

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
The one positive from my vantage point is that during these last three losses Leafs have had many chances and have been buzzing.

They never seemed to give up or go silent as they did in some games against Columbus. This is a major step.

For me, the key to this season will be the success of the backend. The more solid that six are, the better our chances in the postseason.

Reactions: Cobra777

The Big Swede13

Sep 2, 2019
Agostino making his Leafs debut is way over due.

Not really sure what he provides that Boyd doesnt. A shakeup in the top 6 would be better. The bottom 6 has been pretty good as of late. I would strongly think about putting Marner with JT and Willy with Matthews

Reactions: Cobra777

ChickenMcNugget

Jun 20, 2014
Ontario, CA
People on this thread for tonight's game:

iu

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Keefe ffs please changed the duos bud

Jumbo-Matthews-Nylander
Kerfoot-Tavares-Marner

dual threat lines please. JT-Nylander although a good line is not that big of a threat offensively

end the losing streak please :crossfing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad