GDT: Leafs vs Jets- round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
If it's Freddy again, he owes us big time. I don't care if we get outshot 70-10, or ourchanced by a huge margin, win the game for us. He needs to steal more then that to get even, but I will settle for one.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Steve776

Feb 8, 2021
Andersen aside, we lost because 2 bad giveaways, Matty's roundhouse and an abortion of a line change ended with shots in the back of our net. They made us pay for our mistakes and if we don't stop making them they'll make us pay on Thursday too. If we keep our offence going like it was tonight and cut out some of these mental errors we'll most likely win. If we keep up the mental errors and don't get bailed out by our goal keeping, then it doesn't really matter how much we "heavily outplay them" because we'll still need 4 or 5 goals to win.

Last edited:

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Just win this game. And for the love of Christ play Lehtonen and Liljegren please. Just for one game so the team can retain it's ability to attract KHL free agents and they stop messing around with Lil's development.
Maybe give them the next games against Ottawa

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Not sure how I feel about our chances tonight.
3 shit games in a row. I guess the next 2 games will define what this team really is. Have they turned the corner and are actually a good team or is it one more year of the same old thing.......win when it’s easy but collapse when the games get tougher and the checking gets tighter.
Going to be interest to see how it goes

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Andersen aside, we lost because 2 bad giveaways, Matty's roundhouse and an abortion of a line change ended with shots in the back of our net. They made us pay for our mistakes and if we don't stop making them they'll make us pay on Thursday too. If we keep our offence going like it was tonight and cut out some of these mental errors we'll most likely win. If we keep up the mental errors and don't get bailed out by our goal keeping, then it doesn't really matter how much we "heavily outplay them" because we'll still need 4 or 5 goals to win.

Nice post. Good to see something other than the "Andersen cost us the game" narrative. Andersen didn't have a great game but he wasn't that bad either, he was OK. And he was good enough to win if we don't change lines like amateurs and Matthews doesn't kick one into our own net. I mean I love Matthews but that was one of the dumbest things I've seen us do this season. Shit happens and he's Matthews so nobody's giving him a hard time but maybe we should give Andersen a break every now and then too eh?

I was surprised to look at the standings and find that MTL is only 2 points behind WPG, they've lost less games in regulation then we have this season. 25 games and only 6 regulation losses - perhaps rumours of their demise have been somewhat overstated? They're only 7 points behind us with 2 games in hand, amazing what a 3 game slump will do to tighten up the standings.
:popcorn:

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Were good, time to put this streak to bed. Then we can try giving the Jets their first two losses in a row this season afterwards.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Lines at Wednesday's practice:

Thornton - Boyd - Marner
Kerfoot - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Engvall - Hyman
Vesey - Agostino - Spezza

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Bogosian
Liljegren - Lehtonen

Andersen
Hutchinson
Campbell

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Just win this game. And for the love of Christ play Lehtonen and Liljegren please. Just for one game so the team can retain it's ability to attract KHL free agents and they stop messing around with Lil's development.
Our GM signs "the best defenseman outside the NHL" and our coach refuses to play him. I'm getting deja vu.

Reactions: Racer88 and ACC1224
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad