Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jets - November 4 - 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I'm not sure how this makes sense. Starting Hutch on the back half of a B2B made perfect sense. No need to not split the B2B's especially this early in the season.

I also think starting Hutch against the stronger of the two teams was the right decision based on results to date. Hutch was #2 in the league in sv% and GAA before that game and had a 4-0-0 record, as opposed to Pavs' 3-3-1. I also don't think the Jets gave him a very good chance to succeed. I'd like to think that Hutch will stand on his head for us when we let him down like that, but at least it happened against the best team in hockey right now. I like new Pavs better than old Pavs, but I still feel a little better with Hutch.

Anywho, I'm looking for a big game out of Scheif and Ehlers. I'm also a little curious to see what might happen if Perreault and Ladd were to switch places.

MadMen88

Oct 19, 2011
In the words of Jeff O'neil on Leafs lunch the other day: Do you realize the Winnipeg Jets will dummy this team? You realize that right?!??

I'm with him, this will be a high scoring affair, we tend to play TO in that fashion, but we will over power them.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
In the words of Jeff O'neil on Leafs lunch the other day: Do you realize the Winnipeg Jets will dummy this team? You realize that right?!??

I'm with him, this will be a high scoring affair, we tend to play TO in that fashion, but we will over power them.

I sure hope so. Not because I have any particular hatred for the Leafs like some do, but I just want to see the Jets get back in the W column. In the ridiculousness that is the Central Division, we can't afford more than the occasional loss.

We do seem to play the Leafs well. The Leafs also seem to have an awfully small and soft team (and I say this as someone who has been a fan of the Leafs when the Jets were gone -- so not trying to be a jerk in saying that) which I think our style of play can really beat-up on.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
A Chiarot-Trouba pairing would be nice to see except it leaves Stuart with either Myers or Byfuglien. Myers might be alright with Stuart, although with Stu's wild jumps into the play for a hit (and not offense), it might kill Myers' offensive game or lead to a lot of odd-man breaks. Buff with Stuart would be (and has been) a disaster.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I kept imagining Pomo in that role. On St.Byfuglien's Day!!!

Nah, Dustin Byfuglien will be too busy taking over Brian Blessèd's part. Look big and burly, give a big hearty laugh and bellow out catchphrases. Perfect man for the job!

Speaking of which, turns out Brian Blessèd has a daughter. Can you imagine the scene when a boy came calling for a date for the first time?

"And what are your intentions with my daughter?"
... "uh, well, sir, we're just going on over..."
"DEATH AND DREK!!! CRY HAVOK!!! LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!!!"
... *boy runs out of house shrieking*

Aaaaand since I'm on the subject, one of my favorite clips -- Brian Blessèd doing snooker commentary:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Come oooon make like a tree and leaf:sarcasm:

Reimer looks strong, but is not known for consistency, lets hope the Jets brake him.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
You heard it here first. Leafs get blown into a pile and then bagged up.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Jets on a downer after their biggest loss of the season; leafs high after a big win against a decent team.

4th line a disaster with Thorbs & Peluso on the wings. Don't be too surprised if we lose this one folks.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Jets on a downer after their biggest loss of the season; leafs high after a big win against a decent team.

4th line a disaster with Thorbs & Peluso on the wings. Don't be too surprised if we lose this one folks.

You're the one being the downer. :cry:

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Sounds like Trouba will be paired with Chairot. I like the sounds of that actually. Guessing Stuart with Myers? And leave Enstrom & Buff?

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg

You clearly don't think much of the Jets if you believe any of this.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg

Sorry, was listening to Maurice in his interview on Nov 3 and near the end he was talking about pairing Trouba and Chairot. I guess they are playing with the idea in practice? Perhaps I mistakenly thought he was saying that that is what they are going with.

koth

Feb 5, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm really excited for this game. The Jets are going to be on angry-mode after their bad loss to the Habs. And I can't think of any better team to take out their anger on than the Leafs. Hate the Leafs so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad