Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jets Dec 2 6:30 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Me as well , i'm not ready to get rid of a coach 1 quarter into a season , especially when the guy just finished getting us into the play-offs just last season . :shakehead
And even if we did get rid of him , who is out there that can be hired tomorrow ?? Oh wait we could re-hire Noel , he still hasn't got a job back in the NHL .:shakehead I don't care who was our coach , with the goaltending Hutch has given us , that coach wouldn't be doing any better ! We make the play-offs again this year IF we can get goaltending like last season . Look at the Wild last year , horrible team then they get some goaltending .... oh look at the Wild they are a very good team . Winning in the NHL starts and stops with goaltending , if you don't got it you aren't going anywhere .

I wouldn't lay it all the goalies but it has been a big part of the season. Currently Hutch is 55th in save% this season, with Pavs only being a shade better at 52nd. We are a bubble team with good goaltending and something less with bad goaltending.

But man please don't lose to the Leafs. If Bucky is starting like he should I like our chances.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
No bloody clue how this is even going to go. We could dominate and win, dominate and lose, or suck and lose. We've proven ourselves very good at the last two, with some success in the former.

This is why I never bet Jet games on my pro-line.... No clue what team is going to show up. One game they can dominate a team, next game they look like they should be in the AHL.

With this team anything from a 8-1 win to a 8-1 loss, a shootout... it's all over the board.

Just beat the Leafs... don't care what the score is.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
oh totally. that's just what the franchise needs. a 3rd coach in half a decade. especially after their 1st playoff appearance since the move.

:shakehead

Yup.....I was against hiring Claude and was all for firing him, because he was the wrong guy. But, PM is the right coach. We don't like the way he handles goalies, we don't like his line combos, or D pairings? Well, neither does he! IMHO. The guys on the ice are the problem and its starts with the weak on-ice leadership.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Crucial moments in our season.. Better win tonight. Helle in goal?

I would imagine, but you never know if Maurice feels TO could be a confidence building game for Hutch... gotta tread carefully with goalie confidence!!.. they are a weird breed

JetFromFinland

Jul 3, 2014
I would imagine, but you never know if Maurice feels TO could be a confidence building game for Hutch... gotta tread carefully with goalie confidence!!.. they are a weird breed

At the moment, we need wins. And when Helle was in goal against Minny, Jets played very strong game, so could that happen again?

But in the other hand, Hutch confidence should get some boost, he's looking pretty shaky right now.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
At the moment, we need wins. And when Helle was in goal against Minny, Jets played very strong game, so could that happen again?

But in the other hand, Hutch confidence should get some boost, he's looking pretty shaky right now.

ya I hear ya.... I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Helle in net but also wouldn't be surprised at all to see Hutch in net

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I think you gotta go Helly. Hutch would be the wrong move IMO. He was given a game in the B2B and could not make the most of it. He is slowly losing starts with his play.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Like Wheeler said, what do you fans want and expect, playoff's every year, sheesh....!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Colour me surprised that Helly will start! The guys on the big show said Hutch played well last game, in fact none of the goals he let in were his fault!:laugh:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
They're never his fault. He's the most unlucky goalie in the world dontcha know!! :sarcasm::shakehead
To me Hutch doesn't see the net again until the back to back against Chicago but it's right back to Helly even if Hutch plays good . This should be the start of our new #1 goalie Helly , go as far as he'll take us ... GO JETS GO !! :yo:

Jetabre

Electric Ehlers
May 22, 2014
Winterpeg
To me Hutch doesn't see the net again until the back to back against Chicago but it's right back to Helly even if Hutch plays good . This should be the start of our new #1 goalie Helly , go as far as he'll take us ... GO JETS GO !! :yo:

I mean..we're just stacking up losses right now with the other guys. We don't have much more to lose seeing what Hellebuyck can do with the reins.

Derfel*

... until Pavelec is healthy, of course?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'll be at the game tonight. I don't know if I'll be able to stomachs a Leaf win..... glad to see Helle get the start.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I hope we have a lights out goal tender to make up for our abysmal defense. We talk a lot about goaltending, when we really need to address our D at least equally.

I long for a D-first game again. It's really the only time we do well.

Wrong thread, but I'm willing to trade any of our offense minded D for Hamonic right now. Please someone stay at home and shut things down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad