Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Jets Dec 2 6:30 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Jets November SV% .881

Thus in lies the problem a terrible stretch of goaltending vs last season when Hutch went on his famous .941 run.....some of it has to do with the fact we accept being on the PK all the time but that's for another thread.

Have no fear we are going .930 in December I have been calling it for a while. :popcorn:There is no way this team is letting us off the hook without another huge push.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So apparently Chiarot was paired with Buff at yesterday's practice. Probably means Pardy is back in the pressbox.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
It's of substantial significance that we win this game. very substantial significance!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So apparently Chiarot was paired with Buff at yesterday's practice. Probably means Pardy is back in the pressbox.

Pardy was an absolute train-wreck the past couple of games. Even Maurice figured that out... Pardy logged only about 9 minutes of ice-time in each of the past couple of games.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida

Have no fear we are going .930 in December I have been calling it for a while. :popcorn:There is no way this team is letting us off the hook without another huge push.

You mean .930 points per game? That would be a huge increase from the .600 ppg we have averaged in our last 10 games.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
You mean .930 points per game? That would be a huge increase from the .600 ppg we have averaged in our last 10 games.

Sorry I meant our goalies are going on a team .930 save % run in December. Our team will play a bit better in front of them and they are due to get hot.

I reserve the option to be wrong of coarse. ;)

Last edited:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Pardy was an absolute train-wreck the past couple of games. Even Maurice figured that out... Pardy logged only about 9 minutes of ice-time in each of the past couple of games.

Big event mistakes, he's been no worse than Stu imo. Unfortunately playing one of those guys over the other accomplishes absolutely nothing, just swapping deck chairs. Morrissey can't come soon enough.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I'd put every vDime I had on the Jets. They cannot lose. Sparks is not very good. He was more lucky than good.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Big event mistakes, he's been no worse than Stu imo. Unfortunately playing one of those guys over the other accomplishes absolutely nothing, just swapping deck chairs. Morrissey can't come soon enough.

Pardy had more problems than a couple of big-event mistakes, in my opinion. I agree he's not worse than Stu, and in some respects better. Stuart isn't going to sit as long as Maurice is the coach, though.

I can't see how Morrissey would be worse than either of them, particularly in a sheltered role for about 12 minutes a game.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Pardy had more problems than a couple of big-event mistakes, in my opinion. I agree he's not worse than Stu, and in some respects better. Stuart isn't going to sit as long as Maurice is the coach, though.

I can't see how Morrissey would be worse than either of them, particularly in a sheltered role for about 12 minutes a game.

No, not just big event mistakes, it's just that those made him appear more of a train wreck than Stu. I know Stu isn't going to be a healthy scratch under Maurice, along with Thorbs in 3rd line roles and 5 minute 4th line games, it's the most frustrating part of him as coach imo.

Agreed on Morrissey, although if he's just going to be keeping his head above water and not providing a big enough upgrade, I'd rather see him continue to refine his game in the A.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'd put every vDime I had on the Jets. They cannot lose. Sparks is not very good. He was more lucky than good.

That was some moment at the ACC last night though.

This game could feature two goalies in their 2nd career starts. Helly is really calm and Sparks has more of the Pavs feel.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't believe in that #

I still support Maurice.
Me as well , i'm not ready to get rid of a coach 1 quarter into a season , especially when the guy just finished getting us into the play-offs just last season . :shakehead
And even if we did get rid of him , who is out there that can be hired tomorrow ?? Oh wait we could re-hire Noel , he still hasn't got a job back in the NHL .:shakehead I don't care who was our coach , with the goaltending Hutch has given us , that coach wouldn't be doing any better ! We make the play-offs again this year IF we can get goaltending like last season . Look at the Wild last year , horrible team then they get some goaltending .... oh look at the Wild they are a very good team . Winning in the NHL starts and stops with goaltending , if you don't got it you aren't going anywhere .

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
No bloody clue how this is even going to go. We could dominate and win, dominate and lose, or suck and lose. We've proven ourselves very good at the last two, with some success in the former.

We could also suck and win. This is the Leafs were facing afterall. They can suck worse than we suck. :naughty:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
There is no competition in lineup. That's horrible signal for the team.

these are silly spin that the media likes to post. heard the same about the Blue Jays. no one in the minors knocking on the door, scaring players.
whatever.
people need a narrative to talk about.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Scheifele-at-practice-300x200.jpg

Post skate audio: Wheeler, Perreault and Chiarot.

To listen click here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad