Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Habs - Saturday Night Delight.... Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Practice news and notes

JVR-Bozak-Kessel, Lupul-Kadri-Kulemin, Raymond-BOLLAND-Clarkson, Bodie-McClement-Orr-Holland.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 6m

Dave Bolland is practicing on a line with Raymond and Clarkson. Looks like he could finally be ready to return.

David Alter ‏@DavidAlter590 3m

Despite taking part in the team picture, Paul Ranger is not taking part in practice. Jonathan Bernier is taking part in practice.

Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 40s

Dave Bolland skating on a regular line today at practice. Joins Mason Raymond and David Clarkson.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Please don't be a tease. PLEASE don't be a tease.

I would take Bolland at 80% if he could just bring some structure to that third line.
Bernier and Bolland sending you every ounce of GET THE HELL WELL NOW vibes.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I don't expect ANYTHING from Bolland for the remainder of the year, but if he's back in any capacity for Saturday that would be a massive boost to everyone.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Practice news and notes

Mannnnn those are the lines exactly the way I want them!!!

JVR - Bozak Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin
Raymond - BOLLAND - Clarkson
Bodie - McClement - Orr

I could do without Orr, but mehhhh he better fight.

Also, please Randy, take Franson off the top PP.

Phaneuf - Gardiner
Rielly - Franson

Is so much better. Why do you put two pure shooters on the point on one PP, and then two puck movers on the 2nd one. With how well Gardiner has been shooting and getting pucks through lately, and how **** Franson has been, it's probably an upgrade anyways. Then you have shooter/puck mover (who can shoot) and puck mover/shooter as your units.

sw13

Jan 31, 2014
If Bernier isn't ready start Drew MacIntyre, we've tried the Reimer thing.

No. Just no.

We tried this Reimer "thing" last year and he saved everyone's job. Leiweke was ready clean house if this team crapped themselves again and guess what, James Reimer stole a bunch of games and we made the playoffs. Now dummy Nonis gets a five year extension. James Reimer has a better SV% than Corey Crawford. I bet if Reimer was a blackhawk he would be considered a legitimate number one. Put Reimer on a team that can possess the puck and he's a star. Period. The thing is, is we've been so spoiled by how good Jonathan Bernier is, and his 930 even strength SV%, that we can't see what we have in Reims. I'm not team any of them, I do believe Bernier is fundamentally stronger, but James Reimer has put up numbers with some who are considered the best in the league! They're just on better teams.

As for the game, we have to win. Sounds like Dave Bolland is going to go, so there is no excuse for management to make anymore. Their hero is back. If the team cannot come out prepared for a game of this magnitude then I don't know what will happen but we will be in trouble. Go leafs go.

sw13

Jan 31, 2014

JVR - Bozak Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin
Bodie - McClement - Orr

Phaneuf - Gardiner
Rielly - Franson

Is so much better. Why do you put two pure shooters on the point on one PP, and then two puck movers on the 2nd one. With how well Gardiner has been shooting and getting pucks through lately, and how **** Franson has been, it's probably an upgrade anyways. Then you have shooter/puck mover (who can shoot) and puck mover/shooter as your units.

No Orr please. If Ashton can go I would be thrilled. Randy is Randy, though.

AINEC*

AINEC
Jul 4, 2011
No Orr please. If Ashton can go I would be thrilled. Randy is Randy, though.

Kind of wish they'd stop wasting Ashton's time in the press box and just let him play in the AHL.

(He is still with the team, right?)

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010

JVR - Bozak Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Kulemin
Bodie - McClement - Orr

Phaneuf - Gardiner
Rielly - Franson

THis 100%, been complaining about this for a very long time :laugh: Why the hell isn't Gardiner on the PP with Franson? Those 2 showed excellent chemistry for the PP every time they were together. And Rielly hasn't even been tried with Dion? God damnit Randy :help:

Ed Belfour

Nov 9, 2011
Toronto
I'd put Rielly on the left and Dion on the right for the powerplay. Rielly is the better puck handler and passer, so let him set the play up and give Phaneuf one timers.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
THis 100%, been complaining about this for a very long time :laugh: Why the hell isn't Gardiner on the PP with Franson? Those 2 showed excellent chemistry for the PP every time they were together. And Rielly hasn't even been tried with Dion? God damnit Randy :help:

Randy's slow. It takes him a while to see what we all notice.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto

It was working before but it seems like Franson has stopped using his shot.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It was working before but it seems like Franson has stopped using his shot.
I think the real problem is that pairing is useless on a PP if their line losses the faceoff. Just don't have nearly enough speed or ability to get the puck back in the other zone. Think it'd be better to get one o Rielly and Gardiner in there to create more movement, but Carlyle will avoid good ideas like the plague.

dsf

Dec 7, 2009
Brampton
Prust is out for Montreal (for the remainder of the regular season too). Say what you want about him as a hockey player but he does make a team more difficult to play against. Takes some toughness out of the Habs so we need to pounce.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

I'm going to get to go!

Hopefully I bring good luck...ha ha ha but I didn't when they played Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad