Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Habs - Saturday Night Delight.... Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If Bernier isn't ready start Drew MacIntyre, we've tried the Reimer thing.

This is kind of tough.

See I'd say put Reimer in there because he's 4-1- something against Montreal. And it shows that Randy trusts him [but I'm listening to the radio - and Hayes said something and I think it's true - Randy can't even pretend that he trusts Reimer right now].

But the Leafs have won 4 out of their last 17 starts under Reimer. Depending on what happens tonight vs. Columbus [come on Columbus] - we could be either 3 points or 5 points behind Montreal. [or our luck - 4 points].

I couldn't tell you a blessed thing about MacIntyre only that he hasn't played in the NHL since ... two years ago? last year? He sounds confident, and he even said he wants his chance especially that goaltenders that he battled against and played well against is in the NHL, and he wants to show what he can do.

But truthfully the fact that Bernier took the ice yesterday, is dressing in full gear Friday makes me think they are going to cross their fingers that they can push him and he'll be fine.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
If Bernier is still out, will Reimer be the starter?
If I were Carlyle, I'd give him one last chance, especially considering his success against the Habs (not that I actually think he's the only one that should be blamed.)

Anyways, probably the most important Habs-Leafs game in quite a while :yo:

Apollo Leaf

Apr 8, 2010
There is no way we are starting MacIntyre on a Saturday night against Montreal when he only 4 games of NHL experience.

We should have started him last night, giving Reimer the break on the back-to-back. He needed it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Reimer starts if Bernier can't go. If that's the case I'm thankful I don't have to drive that night.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
But the Leafs have won 4 out of their last 17 starts under Reimer. Depending on what happens tonight vs. Columbus [come on Columbus] - we could be either 3 points or 5 points behind Montreal. [or our luck - 4 points]..

Are you sure cheering for a hoping Columbus win is in Leafs best interest here?

A Columbus win moves them to within 2 points of the Leafs with +2 games in hand.

Maybe having the teams that are chasing you lose is the best possible outcome for the Leafs. :help:

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Are you sure cheering for a hoping Columbus win is in Leafs best interest here?

A Columbus win moves them to within 2 points of the Leafs with +2 games in hand.

Maybe having the teams that are chasing you lose is the best possible outcome for the Leafs. :help:

do you want to have Columbus 2 points behind you w/2 games in hand
or do you want to chase Montreal with 7 points behind?

that's how I see it. I'd rather have Montreal fully in my crosshairs and still be able to springboard over them - then be 7 points behind.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

that's how I see it. I'd rather have Montreal fully in my crosshairs and still be able to springboard over them - then be 7 points behind.

Montreal staying in front of the Leafs doesn't risk Leafs playoff spot. Columbus coming to take it does however.

Also Montreal holds the tie breaker ROW 33 to Leafs 27 so that means Habs win any tie-breaker which means they're already technically 4 points ahead of the Leafs for all intents and purposes. If Columbus wins today and Montreal beats the Leafs then Leafs are not going to catch and pass the Habs any longer. Then you're going to wish Montreal had won tonight.

What would be wrong with Montreal winning keeping Columbus at bay and then the Leafs running down TB and taking their spot and Montreal / Toronto 1st round?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

Do our Leafs really deserve to catch TB or MTL? I don't think so, or they'd have put more effort into beating the likes of Wash and Det! :help:

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON

We all know how the Columbus - Montreal game will play out: a 3 pt game.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Montreal staying in front of the Leafs doesn't risk Leafs playoff spot. Columbus coming to take it does however.

Also Montreal holds the tie breaker ROW 33 to Leafs 27 so that means Habs win any tie-breaker which means they're already technically 4 points ahead of the Leafs for all intents and purposes. If Columbus wins today and Montreal beats the Leafs then Leafs are not going to catch and pass the Habs any longer. Then you're going to wish Montreal had won tonight.

What would be wrong with Montreal winning keeping Columbus at bay and then the Leafs running down TB and taking their spot and Montreal / Toronto 1st round?

because I'm tired and sick and I didn't think about that :laugh:

Do our Leafs really deserve to catch TB or MTL? I don't think so, or they'd have put more effort into beating the likes of Wash and Det! :help:

things like this bothers the snot out of me. Tampa Bay was shut out by Buffalo do they deserve to be ahead of us? the Washington game was a gong show on both sides. and I said everything I said about the Detroit game. For the life of me I don't see how people throw out the word 'deserve' in regards to a game.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Oh for the love of god, please win. I don't want us to tank because its already to late. I would rather they gain play experience and use this to become a better team next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad