Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Habs - Saturday Night Delight.... Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafstilldeath*

Calling some one a "****ing moron" for commenting on some thing that actually happened is a bit harsh no?

What "actually happened" was because Carlyle bending over backwards for Clarkson, and refusing to change his lines to get something going.

Smart ass answers when the team is down is a "****ing moron" move by Carlyle, not including other boneheaded decisions by him

Last edited by a moderator:

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
From their interviews today, it is sounding like Bolland and Bernier are both leaning towards a comeback for tomorrow's game!

Bernier laughed at the comment that one of the interviewers made about "healing faster for a Montreal game", and he said he has seen good improvement in his groin and said he will see how he feels tomorrow after practice.

As for Bolland, he talked about improvements in his ankle as well, said that the little things in the gym helped, and was talking about his first shift back which is usually an implication that he is thinking about playing again and it is not far away.

Last edited:

leafstilldeath*

Huge game tomorrow for both teams, more for the Leafs than the Canadiens.

If the Leafs don't win the next 2 games, the Leafs can potentially be in 9th place on Sunday.

11 games left, with 80 points in the bank. Need to win at least 7 games to get to 94 points (to avoid 92 points tie-breaker with ROW) i.e.

need to win 64% of the remaining 11 games

1. Vs Habs
2. @ Devils
3. Vs Blues
4. @ Flyers
5. Vs Wings
6. Vs Flames
7. Vs Bruins
8. Vs Jets
9. @ Tampa
10. @ Florida
11. @ Sens

6 home games and 5 away games.

Our record:

Home games - 64% win record
Away games - 49% win record

64% X 6 + 49% X 5 = 6.29

approximately 6 wins with what we have been doing this season so far.

12 points will take us to 92 points, and with a low ROW we may be in trouble.

Simply put, we have to either:

Improve our home record while maintaining the away record

Improve our away record while maintaining the home record

OR the best case scenario

We improve both our home and away records leading to a sure shot place in the playoffs. For this to happen, the lazy ***** wearing the blue and white will have to compete better and more than what they have been doing whole season.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
We need to skate against the Habs. They are a good skating team. This is where we really miss players like Komo, Mac and Grabo. They had wheels.

Clarskson and Lupul has to bring their A game. This is the most important weekend of the year. Otherwise they can GTFO. I am getting sick and tired of watching them both adding little or no value to this team

That's 11 Mill between them for 22 goals. Mac has that many this year or close to it.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
We need to skate against the Habs. They are a good skating team. This is where we really miss players like Komo, Mac and Grabo. They had wheels.

Clarskson and Lupul has to bring their A game. This is the most important weekend of the year. Otherwise they can GTFO. I am getting sick and tired of watching them both adding little or no value to this team

That's 11 Mill between them for 22 goals. Mac has that many this year or close to it.

They need to SKATE against every damned opponent!!!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
3-1-1 is my hope for the next 5 games. Not looking at it as one big chunk, but small chunks.

MTL, NJD, STL, PHI, DET

CGY, BOS, WPG

TBL, FLA, OTT

I think the second chunk will pretty much decide if we are in the playoffs. 2 teams we should beat, and a team that doesn't need the points. Would be a nice spot to go 3-0, or 2-0-1.

Last three games will hopefully be for where we sit position wise, preferably if it's 2nd or 3rd between us and Tampa :P

MTL, DET and one other game are must wins. I would like to see us win vs MTL, DET, PHI, loss vs NJD, OTL vs STL

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
If the Leafs don't show up and win today against the Habs then I lose a lot of faith for them making the playoffs this year. Really the biggest game all year (broken record).

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
If the Leafs don't show up and win today against the Habs then I lose a lot of faith for them making the playoffs this year. Really the biggest game all year (broken record).

I don't see it this way. It's just one game. If you lose, you still are in top 8 and then the next game becomes big. I read many of you said the same thing about the Tampa game.

Why do you people stress out so much over one game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad