Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Habs- game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart5035

Apr 9, 2017
Lol, not gonna get into a pissing match with a skunk. No response from our tough guys. The team played scared and rattled, looks like the playoffs again for the team. I have been here for forty plus and seeing Jt get carted off and nothing from the group makes me sad, as do your sorry ass posts justifying a poor performance. Nothing personal for sure, but cmon man, wtf
I have bled blue and white for 60 years, played the game, don’t think I’ve missed a game in the last 3 years.

But for the love of God: can something be done about Chiarot and Anderson, running amok out there. We have last change, let’s get basic, dress Sabourin and have him glue himself to Anderson. Let’s have a big body to just hit Chiarot. Especially Chiarot, he seems to be out there for one reason only.

I’ve been vilified on here before for such views. But if I know my hockey, the Marners and Nylanders will flourish, more than making up for these adjustments. I played bigger knowing I had some increased protection.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I’d like to see Mitch be very charitable to the city of Toronto. He should make donations to Sick Kids, Small businesses, Toronto Women’s shelters. If your gonna take that much money from our city’s hockey team you should give some back.
Not everyone needs to make their charitable acts visible. You may like to see it but he’s adverse to show it. He’s not a PK Subban calling press conferences to show how great a guy he is.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Simmonds needs to get in Anderson’s face.
Was fully expecting that in gm1 but he was unbelievably disappointing. He was disengaged and uninterested save for one post whistle jostle with Perry. He more than anyone else, incl Foligno, I expected to ratchet up the checking and scrumming but he was an absolute ghost. So disappointing.

and my god, I get it Thornton is a legend, but he is horrendous now and literally blew up the power play leading to that shortie GWG. How the f*** is he still in this lineup for gm2? Get Brooks in there, it’s so bloody simple

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Things I'd like to see tonight.

Finish our checks

Take the hit to make a play

Stop forcing it into the middle when it's completely covered

PP needs to convert

Faceoffs

Bodies in front of Price

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
On the PP I would put Marner behind the net like 99 used to do run it from there. Now your PK people have to turn their backs to face Marner which allows the guys above the PK guys to move around to different slot positions for shots and also opens up a quick short pass to the in front screener who can chip it in.

Enough with the side wall guy then passes to the point back to the side wall and try to score from there.
100%. I love the idea Han had of switching Matthews to his strong side for one timers and then putting a right shot on the oppo side, but that needs to be Nylander who actually can shoot the puck and not Marner with his muffin shot

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Keefe should have taken a different approach with his lines instead of trying to replace Tavares. Currently all four lines have the same approach to scoring goals which makes them easy to defend against.

Nylander Matthews Marner (rush)
Mikheyev Foligno Hyman (dump & chase)
Kerfoot Engvall Simmonds (dump & chase)
Thornton Galchenyuk Spezza (Set up Gally for the one timer)

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Keefe should have taken a different approach with his lines instead of trying to replace Tavares. Currently all four lines have the same approach to scoring goals which makes them easy to defend against.

galchenyuk fourth line centre when he clearly isn’t an nhl centre? The first line has never worked and no one to forecheck. No thank you.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
It was on Sportsnet. He was speaking post game. But of course even though it’s coming directly from a Leafs player, I’m putting words in his mouth. You obviously haven’t changed. What else is new? smh

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010

The way it's set up now is fine.
Hyman Matthews Marner can get it done in so many ways. They can rush or grind one in.

Galchenyuk Foligno Nylander are also a good mix, though would probably lean towards dump and chase.

Engvall, Kerfoot, Mikeyev are a great great rush line, with so much speed to push the play.

forecheck

May 14, 2007
Changing all the lines after one playoff game loss = PANIC SIGNAL from the Coach.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I like the lines this game.
Hyman was in his first game back, and Marner shrivelled up last game. That said, they were statistically a dominant line. Congrats on shutting them down Montreal, it won't happen again. Hyman-Matthews-Marner will find a way in this series. Hopefully, it starts tonight.
Hats off to Foligno for volunteering to play center. What a leader this guy is. He is defensively responsible and should be fine. Faceoffs will be the biggest test. Galchenyuk has impressed on the forecheck, and he's never had a tough linemate like Foligno. He's only been with JT-Willy or briefly Matthews-Marner. I look for Galchenyuk to be a pain in the rear tonight and make an impact. I think he will. Galchenyuk-Foligno-Nylander is a line that can get things done offensively.
Our third line this game is much better set up to attack. Nash just made it a very dull line, and that's not what we need in this series imo. Engvall-Kerfoot-Mikheyev can come at you in waves of speed, and provide the odd goal.
Fourth line is the same. The old boys. They need to find a way to be better in this one. That's all I can say on that. Thornton needs to play mad. Simmonds needs to play tough. And Spezza just needs to stay out of the box (two penalties last game)

Ready to get this one rolling. Far from over so we need to not act like the sky is falling. We have good news on JT and the boys should have that weight lifted off of them in this one. Get it done boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad