Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Habs- game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Depth is a luxury if it's properly used. Nash is not good. He hasn't been good and on top of that he's coming from a knee injury and hasn't played few months when other players are in already in form and shape

We have Gally and Engvall. Both who can skate and shoot and has decent size. Both you know what they bring. One of them was just picking up his game with 4 goals in 6 games
Instead you go with a guy who team hasn't played with, hasn't played in 2 months and has a knee injury and pretty much on his way out of NHL

Habs are a good skating team and you need skaters. We are already slow with Joe, Spezza and Simmonds

Theoretically yes. If Leafs won the first game, no one is complaining, that's the way sports is. Hindsight is 20/20. Also, in my eyes he is clearly a 4th line player on this team, utilized to stifle and provide a zero sum game against good opposition (as opposed to a defensive liability 4th line).

My first instinct was to go with what got you there, from the goal on out. Galchenyuk was a member of that lineup that was involved in the 11 straight wins for Campbell, as an example. I definitely wanted to see Galchenyuk in, even while Tavares was in the lineup.

Both these guys should be a boost simply because of familiarity. Both of them were on the ice this year for many Leaf wins.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I think it's easier, He went off giving the thumbs up holding his arm up. Should have been motivation. Got word that he was "OK" (as in not needing emergency brain surgery) so should have been able to focus on job. Happens to UFC fighters and boxers all the time. He got his bell wrung and the stupid trainers should not have tried to have him stand up so soon. It's not like the players are on the bench thinking the guy will never walk again, or that he might be a vegetable. Do your job and worry about his concussion later

Pretty easy to say that behind a keyboard isn’t it? A simple thumbs up after witnessing that is t going to motivate the team after how rattling that would be.

and Tavares was the one who kept trying to stand up, the trainers weren’t making him they were cushioning him.

overall this is a pretty stupid take

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Hard to argue with that at this point. Money Mitch, is that all you got?
I’d like to see Mitch be very charitable to the city of Toronto. He should make donations to Sick Kids, Small businesses, Toronto Women’s shelters. If your gonna take that much money from our city’s hockey team you should give some back.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Rally around the Captain and win from here on out. We're still a much better team than the Habs without JT. This is still our series. And frankly, if the boys aren't galvanized by this and can't find the gear they need to win, then burn it down.

They'll find the win. They're going to do it for JT.

Reactions: Optimist

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
You ever tried melatonin? I thought it was all rubbish until a girl i was seeing had the gummies and offered me one, best sleep i had in a long time.

You can't take them every night but i take them the odd night for a good guaranteed great sleep. You can order them off amazon 60 for like 15 bucks.

Just sayin it worked for me.
Melatonin is good for fighting Covid too, experts aren’t sure if it’s because of something chemically or whether just improving one’s sleep is the benefit. I’ve taken it for years, just don’t take it too early or you might miss the 3rd period!

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Sorry if this is already been discussed, the Leafs have admitted not coming out with lots of focus and intensity at the start of the game. I don’t understand how a team that has gone out in the first round three years in a row, and technically not making the playoffs last year, could do something like this. To me, it’s inexcusable!

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I would like for someone to beat the shit out of Chiarot or whatever his name is

He’s the reason Tavares got hurt and the guy who’s always cross checking Matthews.

f*** that guy. Would be happy if Simmonds could kick his ass.

Seconded!!!

Anderson charged at Simmonds;
Chiarot besides the JT hit leading with his knee was cross checking/slashing
Weber and Petry were cross checking like crazy
Perry and Staal need to be HIT HARD

I identify these a-holes that should get their lunch fed to them. Leafs gotta grow some BALLS here. Stop bending over. Beat the F outta them on the ice and on the scoresheet.

If they can't do this then shame on them. Disrespecting that maple leafs logo --- no I wont stand for it anymore

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This Core Group has had enough passes over the years .... No more excuses - Win or heads need to roll!

Agreed!!!

I feel really bad with what happened with JT. But the emotion I feel after is ANGER. This team needs to get ANGRY and put on a statement performance.

"We will not bendover. We are not BITCHES. We will not take BS from anyone. Lets play the f***ing game"

If they can't do that then the heads definitely need to roll. No more free passes. Tampa went on a cup run and won the cup without their captain Stamkos (he hardly played).

No excuses. Period!

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Sorry if this is already been discussed, the Leafs have admitted not coming out with lots of focus and intensity at the start of the game. I don’t understand how a team that has gone out in the first round three years in a row, and technically not making the playoffs last year, could do something like this. To me, it’s inexcusable!

Again? I can't seem to find any quotes that say that though

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
That's not true.
Maybe you should check your facts before you reply.

I don't think there's anything that surprised us,” Alexander Kerfoot said. “But they were engaged from the get-go. And I don't think that we were necessarily. I think it took us a little bit to get into it, and there's no excuse for that.”

Attachments

• upload_2021-5-22_11-23-57.png
    upload_2021-5-22_11-23-57.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
Again? I can't seem to find any quotes that say that though
I don't think there's anything that surprised us,” Alexander Kerfoot said. “But they were engaged from the get-go. And I don't think that we were necessarily. I think it took us a little bit to get into it, and there's no excuse for that.”

Reactions: PromisedLand

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Rally around the Captain and win from here on out. We're still a much better team than the Habs without JT. This is still our series. And frankly, if the boys aren't galvanized by this and can't find the gear they need to win, then burn it down.

They'll find the win. They're going to do it for JT.
#winitforjohnny

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Time for Engvall to show he's an NHL player. He has the speed and size to be a physical presence on par with Josh Anderson, time to prove his worth

Reactions: Rude Dog

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
You ever tried melatonin? I thought it was all rubbish until a girl i was seeing had the gummies and offered me one, best sleep i had in a long time.

You can't take them every night but i take them the odd night for a good guaranteed great sleep. You can order them off amazon 60 for like 15 bucks.

Just sayin it worked for me.
Great advice but just be careful you don’t get “refer madness”. Lol
If you are young and haven’t heard the reference, look it up.
You will get a laugh

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Just throwing up a visual lineup based on yesterday's skate. Hope Campbell is a go, sounds like it was just a maintenance day.

We can do this.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I predicted before the series that the Leafs would lose game one in OT. Social media would obviously meltdown. But Leafs would win in 5 Of course that didn’t include the Tavares injury but looking back the Leafs won without Mathews this year. They can do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad