GDT: Leafs vs Habs - 6/5/21 @ 7:00pm - TSN4, RDS, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
oh, i have to disagree... Muzzin has slow foot speed, and his instinct is questionable ...o-zone pinches, and when to drop the box and attack a player on PK ...he is usually the guy pulling everyone else out of position, but, people only see the 2 on 1 he created when the other defender is left to compensate for his mistakes.

dont believe me, watch for that specifically tonight, and i pretty much guarantee you see exactly what i'm talking about.

Weber is also not fleet of foot, but, he's way stronger/meaner, and a huge asset on the PP

Weber is much slower, and not even as physical as Muzzin anymore.

Muzzin is also much better offensively at even strength - over the past 2 years, Muzzin is at a 33pt pace at even strength, top 20 in the league alongside names like Burns, McAvoy, Rielly, Werenski, Girard, Pietrangelo.

Weber has usually received much more PP time, true enough, but more recently he's lost his spot on the PP because his "shoot all the time" PP strategy actually doesn't help the PP work all that well.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
They still will stink .....;)
Weber isn’t Robinson
Gallagher isn’t Shutt
Drouin certainly isn’t anyone
Tatar isn’t The flower
And no one else on that team is top tier in the league other than price ( possibly )
Again
We work our asses off
We win !

Sure these Habs are no where near the Habs of the 70s but they are much better healthy than the team they have been icing lately. It should not take a herculean effort to beat this battered, tired team tonight, especially after having lost to them on Monday.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
0A621B8F-C76B-4AEE-B2C2-6F94D249E61E.jpeg

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
So are the Leafs and they lost to the same Habs Monday. I believe Habs playing 5th game in 7 nights tonight. Leafs should win handily or should be embarassed losing to them again.

Especially on a B2B with travel for the Habs. That was our rationalization all of last season for losing to them.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Sure these Habs are no where near the Habs of the 70s but they are much better healthy than the team they have been icing lately. It should not take a herculean effort to beat this battered, tired team tonight, especially after having lost to them on Monday.
You sounded like the great Danny Gallivan
Savard gobbles up the puck at the blue line
A Herculean save by Palmateer
A hair raising save by Dryden

Reactions: ToneDog

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
You know what? Since Wayne train has started playing much better, I would have loved to see him with M&M for a game.
Simmer up on L1 really opens up options come playoff time. Though I do understand loading up

Potential for
Hyman - Foligno - Mikhayev
Or
Foligno - Nash - Hyman

Is intriguing- if Simmer/Galchenyuk stick in the top6

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Sens beat these Habs 5-1 last night because they work hard. No reason for Leafs not to win this game handily if most of them show up.

Sens probably would have made the playoffs if you took away their terrible first month.

I actually am happy the Leafs don't face them in Round 1. They scare me more than any other team in the North

Reactions: Yak and egd27

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
We softened the Habs up for you guys last night.

A couple of stiff jabs and a right hook and they will fold like a suitcase.

Go get em
We want them, hard sire. This'll be fun :clap: We might see a couple of scraps in fact. Its also the momentum of the league right now y'all. This is that good game. Errrbody playing with intensity. That's sports. Ain't nothing changed from the time of gladiators. It's a tough entertainment where people get hurt too. That's also one of the reseassons they pay so much for these human beings. It's fun.

Reactions: SensFactor

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
We softened the Habs up for you guys last night.

A couple of stiff jabs and a right hook and they will fold like a suitcase.

Go get em

Was very happy to see that last night.

Can’t stand them, or their fanbase. I’m excited to see their reaction when the sens are the better team next year.

Hopefully we come out strong and beat them bad tonight.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Was very happy to see that last night.

Can’t stand them, or their fanbase. I’m excited to see their reaction when the sens are the better team next year.

Hopefully we come out strong and beat them bad tonight.
Should be a great game. Just watch out for "Frodo" Caulfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce