Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
"Jack Campbell revealed to reporters that he injured his rib in Columbus on Feb. 22. (read down to point #5)

The goaltender started three more games afterward, giving up 14 goals. He got pulled in one of them and posted save percentages of .800, .821 and .867 in those outings."

Jack says it's no excuse, he should be able to play though some pain.

For the record the next game he played was that 10-7 win over Detroit. He looked atrocious in that game and was the first time I noticed him being "not right", although he wasn't great in his recent starts before the injury either.

Hopefully his mind and body are ready for a great run.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Here's hoping this time off, Campbell has had time to clear his head and restart for the stretch drive of the season, need him to get going and give us some stable goaltending.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
Tomorrow we gon be like: This is like ours game for sezure. Tomorrow we like: We is the bestest out thurr. :clap: Winning like errrr game. We hard now sire, and THE JACK IS BEZACK! That's that real dirt right thurr sire! AND it rhymes!

Everytime I read one of your comments, I feel half my IQ instantaneously dropping.

How old are you dude?

Reactions: Vaive50

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
unfortunately we tend to play down to the opposition and it's jack's first game back, but I think we'll win. 5-3 Leafs.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
I'm thinking Campbell will have a good game tonight. I think he'll let in a soft one in the first 5 minutes, there will be an absolute meltdown in this forum till the end of the 1st period but then he shuts the door the rest of the way.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Don't think we play down to the opponent tonight. The team has been physical and responsible defensively, just need Jack to come back and be steady and we should take this.

Reactions: authentic

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Almost freaked when I saw Knies birthday. Had me double checking. But he's October, not September.

AM - Home Arizona, 6'3", 205 lbs, DOB 09/17

MK - Home Arizona, 6'3", 205 lbs, DOB 10/17

He seems to be modelling his game based on Auston. If Knies can do that watch out !!!

Reactions: Cleetus

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
They played him enough to get him the record, which is more than he deserved. He was a terrible player for them, and is hardly comparable to a guy like Giroux
He was there to be the locker room guy for the young guns not the stud superstar , and at this point they are done for the year , in fact the GM stated the reason they were scratching him is because their season is toast so they want to play some kids to see what they have . Thats exactly the reason he is there to begin with and if you are bailing on your season why not add to the culture instead of taking away ? Like I said a classless move ....

PS playing Giroux the night before they handed him a plane ticket on an already done deal was a little sus but the ceremony added to the culture so was a smart move .

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario

He seems to be modelling his game based on Auston. If Knies can do that watch out !!!

yes, if you could just mimic 50 goal seasons, thank you very much Mr. Knies.
On a serious note, you can see similarities in the way he strips guys of pucks heads with the stick and then angles them off) and his toe drag shot are similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad